New 2015 Commit - Jack Dexter (LB/TE) Wilton CT (PWO) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit - Jack Dexter (LB/TE) Wilton CT (PWO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What's the deal with all these preferred walk ons?

I don't seem to recall as many in the past but I could be totally wrong.

It fills out the roster, it's a no-risk way to bring in kids who might but are not certain to contribute, helps build recruiting connections to programs, etc., etc.

Nothing to worry about.

Plus, it's always a former walk-on who goes on to found the next Fortune 500 company and donate eighty-gazillion dollars to his alma mater.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The fact that we've had one guy poached by UMich and several others who have been contacted by P5 programs shows our staff knows how to identify talent. Media exposure/coverage by recruit rankings services doesn't translate to skill (or lack thereof).

So far one has been poached and 'several' is an undefinable word - but all the recruits looks great on paper, agreed.

Its the glass half full half empty concept.
How would you describe the others recruits that havent been contacted by P5 programs and NOT poaches by other programs?

Reaction Score
It fills out the roster, it's a no-risk way to bring in kids who might but are not certain to contribute, helps build recruiting connections to programs, etc., etc.

Nothing to worry about.

Plus, it's always a former walk-on who goes on to found the next Fortune 500 company and donate eighty-gazillion dollars to his alma mater.

Like buying a lottery ticket.......................

Reaction Score
I hate Rutgers, but compare UConn to them the past decade plus and it's not that close. I think they've made a bowl 9 of the past 10 seasons.

I don't understand how me (or anyone else) showing concern over recruiting always has to deal with a backlash and the same talking points (Lutrus, Thomas, Easley, etc.).

Fact is recruiting stars mean something and peer offers mean way more.

Our 'under the radar' approach has given us diamond in the rough success stories - it also has given us 4 winning seasons in the past decade.

So, yeah I would take Rutgers shiny recruiting stars.

The point is, that the success stories were basically the same while Edsall was here. The success trajectory has been totally different since then.

Reaction Score
All of this broad swathing recruiting talk is annoying. We have some very, very good athletes on this team, and have had through the past 4 seasons. What Edsall screwed up, and has not yet been fixed - is specific to OL recruiting, and the offensive line is the albatross that has brought this program to where it is. Pasqualoni only made the problem worse by hiring Deleone, who was a terrible fit for the program.

Look at the starting lineup on the OL last season that played the majority of reps. :

LT. Levy - RSSo. Pasqualoni
LG. Crozier Fr Diaco
C. Mateas Sr. Pasqualoni (Transfer)
RG. Samra Jr. Pasqualoni
RT. Knappe RSSo (Zach Frazer recruit)

THen look at their backups on the roster.

Edsall left in January 2011. the class that would have signed in Feb 2011, should be Seniors or RSJr's right now.

Reaction Score
The point is, that the success stories were basically the same while Edsall was here. The success trajectory has been totally different since then.

This is my view.

YES ... it calls for very selective reasoning. Wiping out the PP era and one year of Bob Diaco. We lined up very closely & maybe even a slot ahead of Rutgers. Yes ... I just said that.

They had Terry Shea era .... where 2 wins was a high water mark. Schiano, actually, had a far steeper climb than Edsall. With their 3/4 stars in abundance & us with our less than a handful of 3 star (Rivals/Scout), our records were very close. We actually won more games head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom