Never Thought Our Frontcourt was Good Enough To Make a Run | The Boneyard

Never Thought Our Frontcourt was Good Enough To Make a Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm frankly at a loss for words after this scintillating run. I simply thought that the lack of scoring at the 4 and 5 would restrict us from moving forward against elite teams. But it's a real testament to the versatility of Giffey and Daniels that fortified our frontcourt. And let's not mention the multitude of bodies that Ollie could throw into the fold. I wouldn't say it was quality depth but they played their roles to a T. I still don't think this team was better piece by piece than the 2011 edition, but the mental toughness was off the charts with this team.

Reaction Score
Ditto. Every round I thought Nolan, Brimah, Daniels would get out muscled. But they played team defense, collapsed down on Randle, etc. and played perfectly. I knew Bazz and Boat were as good as anyone but the front court was the X factor.

Reaction Score
Jay Williams last night and again on the radio this morning kept talking about how our guards force you to start your offense 35 ft from the hoop with your back to the hoop as you protect the ball. Hard to get the ball down low like that. I would think that's a big part of it.

Reaction Score
Jay Williams last night and again on the radio this morning kept talking about how our guards force you to start your offense 35 ft from the hoop with your back to the hoop as you protect the ball. Hard to get the ball down low like that. I would think that's a big part of it.
I think you bring up a valid point. The guards essentially locked down any penetration which allowed the bigs to freelance more. Secondly, when you routinely keep your opponent to point totals in the 50 range, the lack of scoring up front doesn't become as pressing as a need.

Reaction Score
Nolan was very solid defensively (minus the incredibly ill-advised charge taking) and just needs to get a bit stronger so he can finish around the hoop. I think he got stuffed or stripped 4 times on bunnies.

Reaction Score
Our team defense was so stupid in this tournament, it negated nearly any issue we had with bigger frontcourts.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Nolan was very solid defensively (minus the incredibly ill-advised charge taking) and just needs to get a bit stronger so he can finish around the hoop. I think he got stuffed or stripped 4 times on bunnies.

Bazz even light-heartedly called him out in the press conference saying he could have gotten like 12 points if he didnt get blocked so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom