Netflicks versus Amazon Prime | The Boneyard

Netflicks versus Amazon Prime

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Are there advantages to one over the other? - Differences? Will be looking to add one or the other within the next few weeks and wanted to gather some opinions in advance.
Your experience?

Reaction Score
had both for a while, unless you shop a lot on amazon, netflix is the better choice. Prime gives you free 2 day shipping on all amazon purchases, don't know if that's still the deal.

When I had Prime, I noticed that Prime monitors your viewing habits and when it finds a show you really like watching, Prime will start charging for future episodes.

Both are good, but very redundant, I would go with Netflix.

Reaction Score
had both for a while, unless you shop a lot on amazon, netflix is the better choice. Prime gives you free 2 day shipping on all amazon purchases, don't know if that's still the deal.

When I had Prime, I noticed that Prime monitors your viewing habits and when it finds a show you really like watching, Prime will start charging for future episodes.

Both are good, but very redundant, I would go with Netflix.

I enjoy both. Amazon Prime has some solid history channel shows that Netflix doesn't have. And I sometimes buy tv show seasons on prime. Can't go wrong with either.

Reaction Score

They still have the 2 day shipping. Also, if you have a Kindle you can borrow a book once a month with Prime for free.

Just head to head on Movies and TV shows Netflix is better though. Neither has a very good selection for newer streaming movies if that is what you're looking for.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They still have the 2 day shipping. Also, if you have a Kindle you can borrow a book once a month with Prime for free.

Just head to head on Movies and TV shows Netflix is better though. Neither has a very good selection for newer streaming movies if that is what you're looking for.

The shipping is what causes me to have both. The incremental cost of Prime is negligible. I find that Prime has more fairly current streaming movies than Netflix, neither have many. Different catalogs really. As for the library feature, that was a plus until I realized it only works if you have an actual Kindle device, not if you use a Kindle app on a tablet. Even my old Gen 2 Kindle doesn't support the feature.

If you shop on Amazon a lot, Prime is worth it. If not, just Netflix. If you like current TV shows and don't DVR them, HULU plus is a good option.

Reaction Score
Prime has Caddy Shack. That being said, Netflix seems to have more of what I like (we have both).

http://b..com/ts/898/857/89885782_640.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One more thought, Netflix is kid friendly. It has a whole kids and family section and they make it easily accessible from the various apps on TVs and Blurays. It has an extensive catalog of Disney and Nick TV shows and kids movies. So I'd say Netflix is much more kid friendly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom