Negative posters | The Boneyard

Negative posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I do believe in freedom of speech and thought.I do believe in the American way.However,there seems to be a few people on the boneyard that always come up with either negative topics,or negative comments about the girls.In my belief,it is our duty as boneyarders to be behind the girls,whether they have an off day or not.I see too much micro analyzing one's play after a specific game,and yet,this is,by far,one of the best teams in women's basketball,at least this year.I would like to see more of the positives coming out of each game and not the negatives.Most of the people who speak through this site,are very supportive of the team and the individuals who make up the team.Yet,there are a few that always seem to find something wrong,or show signs of panic when someone does not play to that person's expectations.Please do not forget,those that seem to dwell on negativity,that we have little idea who reads the forum.It could be future recruits,etc.,and constant critiquing of someone's off play could be read as a turn off.This,again,is a very good team,which will only get better,and yet,they are human,and humans make mistakes and under perform at times.If I am out of line with this post,sorry,but I felt it needs to be said.There are some great people on here that post,and generally speaking,I enjoy the individual thoughts and information,just not the questioning of the performance of this player or that by the same few people.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Um, go to the Rutgers board and see what is written if RU loses and you will understand negativity.

On the whole, and given I don't read entire threads about your team (I enjoy the more general insight of the BY), I find the board to be singularly positive in tone.

As to those who do question (and don't go over the moderator's line in the sand), well, unfortunately, that's what message boards and the internet seem to often be used for.

JS

Reaction Score
Some observations.

1. There's room for both the positive and the negative. To an extent, the yin and yang make message boards go 'round. There can be excellent and perceptive critical comments, with a knowledgeable basis, that enlighten us all. There can also be emotional, shallow criticisms that reflect more negatively on the poster than on their target.

2. There are a few types of negativity (personal trashing of a player; harmful speculation; overly repetitious criticism) that cross the line. We'll take care of that when it occurs.

3. In general, it's best not to tell others how to post. Doing so can sometimes be disguised as "I'm not telling you how to post. You're free to post whatever you want; and I'm free to say it's moronic, unacceptable garbage." Nice twist, but not a real difference.

4. The ignore button is there for when you conclude that someone consistently posts stuff that annoys/appalls/outrages you. A number of posters use it.

5. Occasionally someone wishes the board would record "dislikes" as well as likes. A sort of unpopularity contest. Won't happen, but I'll bet the hypothetical recipients of the Dislikes Awards and those who'd vote for them if they could probably agree on who they are. And that doesn't change the minds of either group.

6. The wars between what we've sometimes called the positoids and the negatoids have gone on forever and are actually much more muted in good times like these. I've sometimes thought, depending on the leading personalities of the time, that the two groups really, really don't like each other.

5. Speaking of don't like, I don't like to lock threads, but this sort of topic rarely leads anywhere good. I've been enough of a windbag for us all here.

Not picking on you at all, Caramel, but experience suggests "posting about posting" just accentuates any personal divisiveness rather than easing it.

So what about Cal-Davis?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member