Nebrich likely to Fordham | The Boneyard

Nebrich likely to Fordham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.thehour.com/blogs/an_hou...cle_1f777ed8-e4d1-11e1-a5dd-001a4bcf6878.html

I'm a little surprised to see Nebrich settle for Fordham, I thought he would have better options. Good school, just a small football program. Hopefully some of their games end up on local TV, I am now a Fordham football fan.

Nebrich gave up being second string at UCONN to play this schedule. If anything happens to Whitmer he might be kicking himself...

Aug. 30 LOCK HAVEN UNIVERSITY 7:00 p.m.
Sept. 8 at Villanova University TBA
Sept. 15 CORNELL UNIVERSITY (H) 1:00 p.m.
Sept. 22 at Columbia University TBA
Sept. 29 at Lehigh University* TBA
Oct. 6 GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY* 1:00 p.m.
Oct. 13 at University of Cincinnati TBA
Oct. 20 Open
Oct. 27 at Holy Cross* TBA
Nov. 3 at Bucknell University* 1:00 p.m.
Nov. 10 LAFAYETTE COLLEGE* 1:00 p.m.
Nov. 17 COLGATE UNIVERSITY* 1:00 p.m.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
If he develops, the NFL can find him at Fordham. He's assured playing time.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Thought maybe he would of given Maryland a shot with O'brien gone and RE there,sucks he lost a yr of eligibility

Reaction Score
Like Dan, I would have been surprised if it was anywhere but Fordham. From everything we've read thru his recruitment to his first year, he and Moorhead had a pretty great relationsip. He's going to run the system he originally committed to run coming out of HS, and he will be The Man under center for the next 3 years. Good for him and good for Fordham.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish him well. I expect him to look like a world beater against that level of competition.

Reaction Score
i'm looking forward to following Fordham as Towson-North if they keep pulling in Huskies. i'm kind of surprised he went to 1AA since he could have RSed next year, but good for him.

Reaction Score
My take was he wanted to play right away. he can do that at Fordham, and he can do it for the guy who recruited him, so their is a pretty good match.

Reaction Score
Count me in as one who would've been surprised if it wasn't Fordham. That was my first thought before any of the speculation came out.

Reaction Score
I expect some eye-popping numbers.

From Nebrich? Or from whomever the #2 QB at Fordham is?

Sorry - couldn't resist. I had high hopes for Nebrich at UConn, but he was going to have to grind for a few years to get there, and he had a whole system change to work through as well as normal development. Tough hand to be dealt, especially when you've had a taste of the field as a true freshman.

This is a good thing for all sides in the mix. I wish Nebrich the best. I bet the kid is going to have a blast going to school to play football in NYC and he will be a player in that league no doubt.

And on we move toward our 2012 season.

pj

Reaction Score
No one said he IS going to the NFL, just that it's possible to get there as a 3-year starter from Fordham.

Reaction Score
So based on that statement, why wouldn't more DI players chose to play down to 1AA or the DIII level to have a better chance for the NFL?

pj

Reaction Score
So based on that statement, why wouldn't more DI players chose to play down to 1AA or the DIII level to have a better chance for the NFL?

There's a lot of variables -- quality of coaches, quality of practice and training facilities, quality of practice competition. But I do think a lot of players would have a better chance of reaching the NFL if they dropped a bit. A lot of Alabama and USC recruits would have a better chance of making the NFL at UConn.

Reaction Score
Obviously a good player at a D1A school has a better shot at the NFL than players at 1AA schools, but that doesn't mean 1AA level players have zero shot at the NFL. And if you are talented but stuck behind someone else, your best chance might well be to transfer down and get to play every day rather than hold a clipboard in D1. the Raiders had a quarterback from Delaware. the Patriots have a guy from UMass. the Eagles had an all-pro running back from Villanova. there are a fair number of 1AA players in the NFL. Just not as many as 1A guys. Now this is not to say that Nebrich is an NFL caliber player or is not. I have no idea, really, though if I were betting I'd bet not. Been wrong before though.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of variables -- quality of coaches, quality of practice and training facilities, quality of practice competition. But I do think a lot of players would have a better chance of reaching the NFL if they dropped a bit. A lot of Alabama and USC recruits would have a better chance of making the NFL at UConn.

I don't agree with any of this. To make the league, you have to get noticed by an NFL scout, it's about who you know, who you interact with, and whether or not they notice you. A kid buried on the depth chart at Alabama, has at least equal, I think, if not more chance of getting noticed by an NFL scout, and need to little to nothing for it to happen, simply because they're regularly in close personal proximity to the people that matter in making it to the league....

as compared to a kid lighting up the field Ouchita Bapist, that's going to need to tap into and develop/use every possible contact they and their coach can turn over to get NFL scouts interested personally beyond looking at film they send out. The kids at the smaller schools need a lot of chips to fall their way, to get on the radar of an NFL scout.

Reaction Score
The NFL, is taking a bigger and bigger interest in UConn over the past few years. A kid on the depth chart at UConn, that's not out there a lot on game days, but out there on the field at a pro-day scouting event, is going to get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom