ND vs BC at Fenway. BC tickets $5.4K | The Boneyard

ND vs BC at Fenway. BC tickets $5.4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if I read that correctly, but BC fans have to donate $5000 before they spend $800 on two tickets? BC fans seemed to be getting hosed.

Reaction Score
If the mayweather pacquaio fight can get 100 for ppv anything is possible. Same strategy. Create a elite market that is t there and people will want to be part of it
you fuel the hype machine with bs

Reaction Score
I see it as a money grab. You could hold a lottery instead of limiting this to large donors. BC athletic dept. continues to pinch pennies.

Reaction Score
Halfway down the article it does clarify that they will be holding a lottery for all season ticket holders that renew by the end of May and students for a portion of the allotment.

The donation just guarantees the right to purchase tickets

Reaction Score
I see it as a money grab. You could hold a lottery instead of limiting this to large donors. BC athletic dept. continues to pinch pennies.

You need to take care of your big money donors. They are holding a lottery for students and season ticket holders. It's a fine line to walk. But again, this is a ND home game. I hate BC as much as the next guy but I don't think they handled this poorly at all.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
The only way BC fans can get any of the Eagles’ 5,000 seats is to donate $5,000 for the right to buy two tickets; $10,000 for three tickets; and $25,000 for four tickets. The good news is, if you’ve already given $100,000 to BC, you won’t have to give more now to buy tickets.

“We want to provide access to our most loyal fans, but we are so limited in the number of tickets we have to distribute them in a way that best served that population,” BC Athletic Director Brad Bates said. “We have been working on this for a year and a half coming up with the ultimate system.”

Uhhh yeah sure, it's only fair- right??? ;)

Reaction Score
This was the game that ND was thinking of playing UConn at Fenway til BC threw a temper tantrum, right?

Good, screw them.

Reaction Score
Was at a dinner/dance last Saturday with the defensive back coach from B.C. When I mentioned the game the first thing he said was I can't help with tickets for that game. I wasn't asking anyway. Good luck to BC fans getting tickets. :)

Reaction Score
I know it is fun to take shots at Chestnut Hill but does anyone really believe that the UConn AD would handle it much differently? It seems to me that giving big donors a chance to pony up some more $ after setting aside some tickets for normal seasons ticket holders and students makes a lot of sense. I would hope that Warde would do exactly the same thing.

Reaction Score
I know it is fun to take shots at Chestnut Hill but does anyone really believe that the UConn AD would handle it much differently? It seems to me that giving big donors a chance to pony up some more $ after setting aside some tickets for normal seasons ticket holders and students makes a lot of sense. I would hope that Warde would do exactly the same thing.
I would hope that Warde wouldn't be in that position. If UConn were to play the Leprechauns at a "local" venue (Fenway, Gillette, Yankee, Citi, Meadowlands), I would hope that Warde gets it in writing as a UConn home game as part of a multi-date home & home series & only allots 25% of the seats to N.D.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I personally think it's funny that if you are going with 4 people, rather than donating $25,000, 2 of you can donate $5,000 each and get the same amount of tickets. Can't imagine forking over the extra $15k will get you anything of value. Then again, I can't imagine 4 BC-ND tickets being worth $11,600 to begin with but to each their own.

Reaction Score
I would hope that Warde wouldn't be in that position. If UConn were to play the Leprechauns at a "local" venue (Fenway, Gillette, Yankee, Citi, Meadowlands), I would hope that Warde gets it in writing as a UConn home game as part of a multi-date home & home series & only allots 25% of the seats to N.D.

I guess one of us does not understand the arrangement. I could be wrong but, as I understand it ND & BC have home & home games both at ND and Chestnut Hill as part of the ND/ACC agreement, and that this game is an addition to that. I would have no problem with Warde taking a game with ND at any NE venue in addition to games at ND and the Rent with UConn getting the normal visiting team allocation since it is a ND home game.

Reaction Score
I guess one of us does not understand the arrangement. I could be wrong but, as I understand it ND & BC have home & home games both at ND and Chestnut Hill as part of the ND/ACC agreement, and that this game is an addition to that. I would have no problem with Warde taking a game with ND at any NE venue in addition to games at ND and the Rent with UConn getting the normal visiting team allocation since it is a ND home game.

Actually, it is more favorable than that from a BC perspective. ND's deal with the ACC called for BC to play ND 5 times between 2015 and 2025. Three at ND and two at BC, as follows:
2015: @ND
2017: @Boston College
2019: @ND
2022: @ND
2025: @Boston College
(Boston College had last played ND in 2013, at Chestnut Hill)

Basically all that happened here is the 2015 ND home game against BC was switched from South Bend to Fenway Park. Still an away game, but much better for BC than playing in SB.

Reaction Score
Actually, it is more favorable than that from a BC perspective. ND's deal with the ACC called for BC to play ND 5 times between 2015 and 2025. Three at ND and two at BC, as follows:

Basically all that happened here is the 2015 ND home game against BC was switched from South Bend to Fenway Park. Still an away game, but much better for BC than playing in SB.

BC would agree to play ND in football, anywhere, anytime, and even pay the entire cost of the whole damn thing, if it got them a another game with the Eye Rash in football.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score

Why? It's still going to be a pro-ND crowd whether it's at Fenway, South Bend, or South Beach.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Why? It's still going to be a pro-ND crowd whether it's at Fenway, South Bend, or South Beach.
They are going to raise $5-10 million in donations for tickets to the game in Fenway. It's a huge win for them.

Reaction Score

That only makes it that much better when BC beats ND though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BCU has basically made this game a fund raising drive. They will make a ton of dough but they will also alienate their every day fans which get a big F&U.

Reaction Score
Would love to go to this game, but UCONN has a home game. Those ticket prices are crazy, would love to see their prices on the secondary market. Will be even higher.

Reaction Score

This is an ND home game, originally scheduled for Notre Dame Stadium. It was moved as the 2015 Shamrock Series game that ND does every year.

I am not sure that BC has any say in the matter if ND decides to move a home game somewhere else, even to BC's back yard.

NBC televises the game and BC gets the usual 5,000 tickets allotted to ND opponents at Notre Dame Stadium.

Reaction Score
BCU has basically made this game a fund raising drive. They will make a ton of dough but they will also alienate their every day fans which get a big F&U.

BC does not have enough "every day fans" to worry about. It is no longer the "Boston Irish" school it was in the 1940's -1970's. Given the size of their stadium, difficulty in getting to it, and changed character of the student population, they are going to get about 30K for most of their home schedule. For a big game against an out of conference name school, 40-45k. Getting an additional couple of million from some high rollers will not change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom