"ND tired of being overshadowed by UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

"ND tired of being overshadowed by UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND won those 1st 3 games last season because UCONN "mentally" gave ND way too much credit and threw away each of those games late! When they just came out and played their usual offensive and defensive game, they blew ND's doors in the FF semi's by 18 points!
Without the diva ND is a better team, but the way for UCONN to beat ND is with their big girls! ND only has Achonwa as a great big girl while UCONN has Stewie, Stef, KML, & Stokes! The talented guards on both teams are a wash, but UCONN will dominate inside! If and when they meet, UCONN can & will win by 20+ points!
I would like to see CT play whistle to whistle with their suffocating defense and grind ND down offensively and humiliate ND! Maybe then Muffett will shut-up her scheduling and "owning" UCONN recently BS!

Reaction Score
Hey it was ok with ND when we were force fed Diggins for 3 years, now they can suffer through 3 years of media touting Stewie. Plus Stewie is twice the player Diggins was. Suck it up ND and deal with it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
ND won those 1st 3 games last season because UCONN "mentally" gave ND way too much credit and threw away each of those games late! When they just came out and played their usual offensive and defensive game, they blew ND's doors in the FF semi's by 18 points!
Without the diva ND is a better team, but the way for UCONN to beat ND is with their big girls! ND only has Achonwa as a great big girl while UCONN has Stewie, Stef, KML, & Stokes! The talented guards on both teams are a wash, but UCONN will dominate inside! If and when they meet, UCONN can & will win by 20+ points!
I would like to see CT play whistle to whistle with their suffocating defense and grind ND down offensively and humiliate ND! Maybe then Muffett will shut-up her scheduling and "owning" UCONN recently BS!

If you are going to include KML then you have to include McBride. When KML is healthy, that is a wash, so I will focus on only the post players although Stewart is not just a post player.

ND front line consist of starters 6'3" Achonwa and 6'1" Braker. They have 6'3" Reimer off the bench.

UConn has 6'5" Dolson and 6'4" Stewart as starters with 6'3" Stokes.

I'm looking forward to when Uconn goes big with all 3 on the court. Who covers Stewart?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Part of me hopes we dont get a ND/UCONN matchup in the final.... but its threads like this that makes me WANT to have a ND/UCONN Final :p

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy I'm talking forwards & center. The one F/C ND has any good is Achonwa! While UCONN has 4 really good f/c! If CT can pound it inside they'll kill the Irish! Then they can use their G's to penetrate & stop & pop! And then 3's will be open also!

Reaction Score
This is food for thought! No ND player would start for UCONN, while every CT player would start for ND! McBride would not start over Hartley or Jefferson the way they're playing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom