ND blasting NC St. at the half | The Boneyard

ND blasting NC St. at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ruth Riley was honored at halftime as legend of the ACC.

Yikes.

Reaction Score
Revisionist history.
Someone had to explain to her what the letters ACC stood for. Yet, somehow she is a legend of the ACC. If that isn't the stupidest piece of malarkey ever. If they knew they were joining the ACC last year, why didn't they honor her while Notre Dame was still in the Big East????

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The ACC hass alot of talented teams but ND has shown they've got a long way to go.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While Notre Dame troubles me as a threat to No. 9, I have enjoyed their season long introduction of the ACC to what was Big East basketball.

Reaction Score
While Notre Dame troubles me as a threat to No. 9, I have enjoyed their season long introduction of the ACC to what was Big East basketball.

I didn't enjoy the Antonelli-Ward gab fest of how terrible the AAC is and hopefully UConn can bring everyone else up.

This program deserves better.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not surprising result considering that Gatling appears not to be playing - she dropped 28 yesterday but left at the end with a knee/leg issue. It was always going to be a tough game for them but missing your star center against ND definitely makes it harder. At least they are fighting in the second half. NCSt sure had a tough second half of the year with injuries.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope the state fans stick around to help us root against our common enemy

Reaction Score
Revisionist history.

The ACC apparently learned well from the Big Ten. Nebraska had a replays of their football games played on the Big Ten Network under the heading of Greatest Games in Big Ten history before Nebraska ever played a down in the Big 10. And Nebraska players were included in a coundown of the greatest players in Big Ten history.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Not surprising result considering that Gatling appears not to be playing - she dropped 28 yesterday but left at the end with a knee/leg issue. It was always going to be a tough game for them but missing your star center against ND definitely makes it harder. At least they are fighting in the second half. NCSt sure had a tough second half of the year with injuries.

Thanks for mentioning this. Gatling has a bone bruise, and it's expected she'll be ready for the NCAAs. Coach Moore blamed himself for the big loss and said he didn't prepare the team. He second-guessed his decision to move Kody Burke to fill the role Gatling had usually played, and for trying to stick with the traditional 4-out, 1-in offense they have been running.

Anyway, our team is better than what was on display today, and I hope they will show that to others during the NCAA tourney. And despite today's loss, our Wolfpack Women have had a remarkable season. I am very proud of the players and optimistic about the future.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
I hope the state fans stick around to help us root against our common enemy

Congrats on the win. Sorry that I was one who couldn't stick around and watch the game. It was, as Coach Moore said, a rough day.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Clearly ND is the 2nd best team, but is the gap larger between 1 and 2 or between 2 and 3?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning this. Gatling has a bone bruise, and it's expected she'll be ready for the NCAAs. Coach Moore blamed himself for the big loss and said he didn't prepare the team. He second-guessed his decision to move Kody Burke to fill the role Gatling had usually played, and for trying to stick with the traditional 4-out, 1-in offense they have been running.

Anyway, our team is better than what was on display today, and I hope they will show that to others during the NCAA tourney. And despite today's loss, our Wolfpack Women have had a remarkable season. I am very proud of the players and optimistic about the future.
It is always tough adjusting the first game after a star player goes out - mentally and physically. Not surprising the first half was so bad. And that is good news for Gatling - hadn't known what the diagnosis was.

Reaction Score
I watched the ND game very closely. I was impressed with there defensive focus and intensity. I think they are a bigger threat than I anticipated. They are playing really good basketball right now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I watched the ND game very closely. I was impressed with there defensive focus and intensity. I think they are a bigger threat than I anticipated. They are playing really good basketball right now.
They will be a very difficult game.

Reaction Score

I agree Notre Dame will give UConn a serious test if they end up meeting each other in the NCAA Tournament. ND matches up with UConn at just about every position (except Stewart) and has a deeper bench than the Huskies.

Reaction Score
ND is good. Really good. But it's silly to use the game against injury ravaged NCST as a barometer to measure how they would do against UConn.

I agree, but I have followed them the entire year and they are playing very good basketball heading into the NCAA Tournament.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree, but I have followed them the entire year and they are playing very good basketball heading into the NCAA Tournament.
They're undefeated. You'd think so.

I haven't seen anything different from them. 7-8 player rotation with three AA's leading the way.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The ACC has never been known for its defense and this year is no exception. ND has faced very little resistance in running its offense and I expect the same today against Duke which was an average defensive team when healthy. UConn's defense would make ND work much harder for its shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom