NCAA to consider change to graduate transfer rules... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA to consider change to graduate transfer rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing I can come up with, regarding Cal's b****ing about this, is that Poythress is getting his degree and wants to play elsewhere next season.

I think it's because it levels the playing field. Very few schools can haul in top ten guys but many BCS schools may be attractive to mid major grad students.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think both Squid and Coach K could care less about the impact on the schools from which the kids transfer. They don't want competitive programs to be able to re-load quickly and narrow their inherent recruiting advantage out of high school. Both are scum

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Isn't it possible to get an M.B.A. in one year at some schools? A player could also enroll in a grad degree program of any kind and only attend for one year, deciding to either defer the rest of it until a later date, seek other career opportunities, or both after they've used up their one year of remaining eligibility. Maybe that's the supposed rationale here. Are too many of them leaving their grad degree program before they graduate? Good lord, please don't tell me they're going to come up with some kind of APR nonsense regarding whether grad student-athletes are progressing toward a grad degree and actually graduating from grad school.

These two jackoffs just dislike the rule because they're only interested in recruiting players who stay for one or two seasons. God forbid some opponent of theirs hits the jackpot and reels in a fifth-year grad student who schools their teams. These slime balls on a sea of puss take arrogance and self-serving hypocrisy to heights never before seen.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Isn't it possible to get an M.B.A. in one year at some schools? A player could also enroll in a grad degree program of any kind and only attend for one year, deciding to either defer the rest of it until a later date, seek other career opportunities, or both after they've used up their one year of remaining eligibility. Maybe that's the supposed rationale here. Are too many of them leaving their grad degree program before they graduate? Good lord, please don't tell me they're going to come up with some kind of APR nonsense regarding whether grad student-athletes are progressing toward a grad degree and actually graduating from grad school.

These two jackoffs just dislike the rule because they're only interested in recruiting players who stay for one or two seasons. God forbid some opponent of theirs hits the jackpot and reels in a fifth-year grad student who schools their teams. These slime balls on a sea of puss take arrogance and self-serving hypocrisy to heights never before seen.
But how do you really feel?

Reaction Score
I disagree with this rule. Once you graduate I think you ought to just move on. If you want to play at the place you are, that's fine. The number of d1 programs without some bogus grad program (MBA anyone?) if you don't want to enroll in a real one, can probably be counted on 1 hand. But for consistency., please note that I am equally opposed to the 1 and done. More opposed actually. That makes a complete mockery of the college part of college basketball. At least the grad rule has the thin veil of "rewarding" a player who has actually graduated. What I don't like is the mercenary/NBA gm look it gives. But it does let programs like UConn get there own version of the 1 and done burger boys.

Reaction Score
In a world full of organizations such as the UN, Congress, and every major media organization, the NCA fahking A really takes the cake. They set a new standard for how to be colossally greedy, lying, two-faced, pieces of whose mission statement and actual actions couldn't possibly be any more out of sync. They make the fahking muslim brotherhood even a tad more likeable because at least they're fahking honest about their intent to destroy people's lives.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So the NCAA wants to make sure education comes first. No problem. The interviewer gets this guys opinion. LOL. Can't wait till they start penalizing programs in which students don't complete four years of education! ;)
From the article:
So does Kentucky's John Calipari.

"You need two years in grad school anyway, so it makes sense," Calipari said.

Eliminating waivers and making grad students sit out a year would "cut this thing by two-thirds," he added.

How this guy has the testiculos to speak on this is amazing. How reporters don't question him about the hypocrisy is equally amazing.

cut this thing by 2/3

Squid the scum showing where his head and his heart are

he doesn't care about kids actually getting a degree, and he's obviously opposed to letting those same kids pursue an advanced degree. But he sure does promote using kids for a year when they don't take one single serious course.

the man's a fraud, pure scum, a documented cheater and a low life worm that runs out of town on the midnight train

Reaction Score
So the NCAA wants to make sure education comes first. No problem. The interviewer gets this guys opinion. LOL. Can't wait till they start penalizing programs in which students don't complete four years of education! ;)
From the article:
So does Kentucky's John Calipari.

"You need two years in grad school anyway, so it makes sense," Calipari said.

Eliminating waivers and making grad students sit out a year would "cut this thing by two-thirds," he added.

How this guy has the testiculos to speak on this is amazing. How reporters don't question him about the hypocrisy is equally amazing.

2 years in grad school? Huh?

Reaction Score
The thing about graduate transfers is this is how grad school works. As I understand it most kids get their graduate degree at a different school than their undergrad. What interest would an instituition governing "student athletes" have in changing that dynamic. Coach K and Cal are really off the deep end here. The fact that they aren't getting skewered about this just shows how far the system is tilted in their favor.

Reaction Score
The schools complaining the loudest have the one and done's. They know that the one thing that can neutralize young outstanding talent is experience and poise, which enables a team like Wichita State to have a legitimate shot at the final four. If the NCAA passed legislation requiring freshmen to stay 2 years or more you wouldn't hear a peep from these guys. In most cases, the eligibility of an athlete is affected by a coach's decision or an injury acquired while "on the job". This is really about manipulating the competitive landscape at the expense of the "scholar" athlete.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
where can I go to voice my complaints about this issue? - ie/send a strongly worded email letting someone know how ridiculous this is.

I am hating Calipari more and more with every statement he makes. Guy needs to go to the NBA and leave CBB alone.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think both Squid and Coach K could care less about the impact on the schools from which the kids transfer. They don't want competitive programs to be able to re-load quickly and narrow their inherent recruiting advantage out of high school. Both are scum
Neither were too pleased about Miller.

Reaction Score
willie99 said:
cut this thing by 2/3 Squid the scum showing where his head and his heart are he doesn't care about kids actually getting a degree, and he's obviously opposed to letting those same kids pursue an advanced degree. But he sure does promote using kids for a year when they don't take one single serious course. the man's a fraud, pure scum, a documented cheater and a low life worm that runs out of town on the midnight train

Yeah - I mean what is "this thing" that needs tending to? What's the problem?

I hate using pro analogies, but to me, getting the degree is like the contract running out and becoming a free agent. The NCAA has one stupid restriction on the rule already - you have to enroll in a graduate program that your original school doesn't offer. That's ridiculous. If you have the opportunity to go to a better MBA program, or one in a geographical location you would rather be, you should be able to take it. You shouldn't be locked into the same grad school. No other students are.

There are a fair number of players this effects at the middle to bottom of DI - average players who are not thinking about the pros. Harder to get a coach to tie up a scholarship for two years, but if they have a void for a year, you can play a fifth year - and then maybe get a ga position at the school, and there are your two years (if it takes two). Why should those kids get punished because Lasan Kromah got a big rebound and hit two foul shots?

Reaction Score
The Squid and now the new coach K speaking about this is laughable. One and done U's worried about schools like LVille and UConn betting some experienced players every once in a while? please:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The worst part of this news is having to hear from the morons who actually believe the NCAA is out to get UConn and that is why they are changing the rule.

Reaction Score
The worst part of this news is having to hear from the morons who actually believe the NCAA is out to get UConn and that is why they are changing the rule.

Not morons just thinking a lot about their program. If anyone is bothering those 2 guys its Pitino with his 2 grads.

But again, the whining is hilarious

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
So it is somehow more noble to cater to a one and done than it is to a kid who has been a good student/athlete for 4 years? God forbid we allow student/athletes to be a scourge against college athletics.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Think about it. A non-athlete could pursue a degree elsewhere but an athlete can't? I thought we abolished indentured servitude in this country.

Reaction Score
T
...to require sitting out year. LINK

In related news they started a new ad campaign.

NCAA - Making things harder on athletes one dumb ass rule at a time.

Apparently Coach Cal has no problem with JUCO transfers being immediately eligible though.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

JUCO wing Mychal Mulder has announced his commitment to Kentucky. Averaged 15.7 points and shot 46.3% from 3 this past season.

upload_2015-4-28_16-2-45.gif 21m

If someone can explain to me what the difference is that would be great.

Reaction Score
And this is why my interest in cbb has been on the decline over the last several years.

Reaction Score
Coach K is becoming more and more despicable every day he takes a breath.

In the old days he loved to tout his "student athletes" because they were Duke. Now he's freely opening the gates to kids who couldn't be further from being actual student athletes. Not to mention he uses his US coaching job as a way to funnel kids into his program.

Coach K might be sleazier than the hotels sitting on the Berlin Turnpike. Funny what the desperation of finality does to one's ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom