Rooting for Gonzaga with Wichita out.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Dekker and Paige being clutch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is not going well for WVU. They can't get inside. Can't box out.

Huggy's plan has to be simply to win a war of attrition.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
arizona and xavier tied at 28 with 1 minute left

Reaction Score
How can people enjoy watching this Kentucky team? I know it sounds like sour grapes but I wish someone would mention the huge disparity in talent that UK has. College basketball is my favorite sport and I have always enjoyed the tournament even when UConn isn't playing. But if UK wins, its going to be absolutely disgusting. At least when they won last time they had a likeable team with Davis, Teague, Gilchrist..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't see AZ giving UK a game if this is all they can bring vs Xavier.

Reaction Score
Trey Lyles is kentucky toughest matchup in my opinion, and possibly their best player. With all the size they have down low they can have him hang on the perimeter and make threes and jumpers, or punish smaller (and bigger) players down low. He can face up, put it on the floor, or back you down. He's pretty similar to daniels for us last year except, not as quick but with a lot more muscle. If you can somehow take him out of the game or get him in foul trouble that's your best shot to beat them.

The Harrison's can be taken out of the game. Cauley stein is a tough matchup but he does his damage in the open floor and on garbage put back type shots. I still don't see what people see in towns. Dakari Johnson is nothing special. Lee is athletic but raw.

Booker and lyles are their most important players. When they are hitting their shots ky is almost unbeatable.

Reaction Score

It's survive and advance. There is no way this is their A game. I base that on the fact I haven't watched but did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reaction Score

Agree. Arizona doesn't have enough shooters to take ky down. They also don't have a lot of guys who can create their own offense outside of Johnson and ashley (who ky has plenty of perfect matchups for). Hollis Jefferson would most likely be completely shut down by ky and I don't see mcconell doing much either.

I will be rooting hard for Wisconsin to come out of that region. They could give ky a game.

I've said it before but I think Gonzaga has a real shot to beat ky. Karnowski and sabonsis down low can bang with kys bigs and create their own offense. They haven plenty of shooters in Wiltjer, pangos, bell and Wesley. Wesley and bell can also slash and get in the lane. Oh and they also have plenty of veterans which we all know is crucial in big games especially against ky and cal.

To me, Gonzaga has the right personell and skill set to beat ky.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Arizona v. Xavier is must see TV right now. Good stuff.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier's guards are not that fast, but they could crawl backwards to the hoop for layups after some of their pumpfakes. They are faking Arizona out of their shorts. Reynolds is a player.

I like this Arizona team. They are taking Xavier's best shot, but if they survive, I like them over Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
Xavier had this game and they gave it away. Story of the tournament, it seems.

Reaction Score
I don't think Stanley Johnson is NBA ready. He needs to work on his handle and outside shot. He should stay another year at Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom