NCAA New Rules: No Hand-Checking, No Cheap Charges | The Boneyard

NCAA New Rules: No Hand-Checking, No Cheap Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought you were allowed 1 hand check for position and to setup space, provided its not applied to the front. For example, backing in or an angle slide. One touch and then that's it. Guess we will know shortly. If they enforce this to the letter of the law, there is going to be lots of fouls.

Reaction Score
I thought you were allowed 1 hand check for position and to setup space, provided its not applied to the front. For example, backing in or an angle slide. One touch and then that's it. Guess we will know shortly. If they enforce this to the letter of the law, there is going to be lots of fouls.

In the NBA it is mostly called on the perimeter. Players are allowed to do a lot more down low. The main purpose of the rule is to prevent perimeter defenders from using their hands to slow down an offensive players initial burst when driving to the basket. It will allow much more penetration to the hoop for quick guards. This should only help UConn this year with quick guards and someone like daniels who can take a bigger player off the dribble from the outside and get a lot of what our competition will deem "cheap"/ "ticky tack" fouls. Even though by the rule they are the correct call.

Reaction Score
Two very good changes. The college game has gotten excessively ugly over the past several years, and limiting the handchecking should go a long way toward changing that.

Getting rid of flops should hurt Duke significantly, so I consider that a win for college basketball.

Reaction Score
Terrific for college hoops , fantastic for our star pg who simply will not be able to be contained off the bounce. It'll really show who is an actually elite defender @ the college level ( cya kraft)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Terrific for college hoops , fantastic for our star pg who simply will not be able to be contained off the bounce. It'll really show who is an actually elite defender @ the college level ( cya kraft)
I think the contact rule helps our small quick guards a lot. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's a good thing we have some efficient FT shooters on the team this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
9k=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads