NCAA Hits UNC with 5 Counts of Academic Fraud | The Boneyard

NCAA Hits UNC with 5 Counts of Academic Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Level 1 charges....unlike Miami, they will get toasted, I think.

Unless they have the same set of compromising photos that Shalala must have had to blunt the boats and ho's fiasco.

Reaction Score
Still not sure how Roy Williams who was the 'captain' of the UNC basketball ship during a a majority of this time period kept his name almost entirely out of the report.

Reaction Score
Still not sure how Roy Williams who was the 'captain' of the UNC basketball ship during a a majority of this time period kept his name almost entirely out of the report.

Either it happened completely without his knowledge, which would make him staggeringly incompetent, or he's engineered the whole thing so well that it doesn't touch him. In either case, he really needs to be fired.

Reaction Score
Either it happened completely without his knowledge, which would make him staggeringly incompetent, or he's engineered the whole thing so well that it doesn't touch him. In either case, he really needs to be fired.

Roy Williams was just working towards UNC's inclusion in the SEC.

As Charles Barkley said "We're in the SEC, if you aren't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Level 1 charges....unlike Miami, they will get toasted, I think.

Unless they have the same set of compromising photos that Shalala must have had to blunt the boats and ho's fiasco.
Even though I understand how that happened, I'll never understand how that happened. It's a reminder that NCAA is arbitrary and unaccountable.

Reaction Score
Even though I understand how that happened, I'll never understand how that happened. It's a reminder that NCAA is arbitrary and unaccountable.

Roger Goodell disagrees.

Reaction Score
Bloomberg seems to think not much is going to come of this...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ant-to-punish-unc-basketball-for-fake-classes

I always worked in environments that viewed legal action/lawsuits as a last resort; and then only in cases involving intellectual property and/or infringement. I learned that the guy yelling about suing was probably trying to cover his own shortcomings.

But, I'm still steamed about the unfairness of UCONN's APR related punishment; steamed enough to, if I worked at UCONN, react violently to any "wrist slap" type ornamentation 'n NCAA might choose as UNC's punishment.

I'd call Skadden, Arps, et al (worked on NCAA stuff) and see if we could get an NCAA person, under oath, to explain the punishment logic associated with UCONN's (honestly reported bad grades on real subjects leading to abysmal APR's) vs UNC's (many years and players with phony courses and, therefore, phony grades leading to appropriate APR's and player eligibility). The logic applied to each case would be interesting as all hell. Funny, too, I'll bet.

Reaction Score

that doesn't mean that his teams or record won't be penalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA