NCAA First Round (Saturday) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA First Round (Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it annoying that, in every time segment, ESPN always features the
game with the highest seeded team? Instead of an 8/9 or 7/10 game or some back and
forth nail biter, we get to watch a snoozer like South Carolina v. Jacksonville.

I know - you can always watch the other games on your computer. But I still find it
annoying.

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
It will be a more interesting game than today's, but I think we win by 40.
I think we will have a comfortable win based on the number of points they gave up to Seton Hall (76). I mean if they gave up 76 to Seton Hall who averaged 73 a game on the season then we should score at least 200 points right? :p Should definitely be more interesting though. At least I hope so for Duquesne's sake.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it annoying that, in every time segment, ESPN always features the
game with the highest seeded team? Instead of an 8/9 or 7/10 game or some back and
forth nail biter, we get to watch a snoozer like South Carolina v. Jacksonville.

I know - you can always watch the other games on your computer. But I still find it
annoying.
Yeah, well the top team generally has the best fanbase so they are trying to please the largest viewing public - we would be seeing lots of howls from Uconn fans in non-NE areas of the country if they were showing Podunk U vs. East Whatever College when a Uconn vs RMU game was on. Yes it would be more exciting to see the closer games, but ... Thank goodness for Watch ESPN.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well the top team generally has the best fanbase so they are trying to please the largest viewing public - we would be seeing lots of howls from Uconn fans in non-NE areas of the country if they were showing Podunk U vs. East Whatever College when a Uconn vs RMU game was on. Yes it would be more exciting to see the closer games, but ... Thank goodness for Watch ESPN.

Any team's local fan base is always going to see their team's game in its entirety (see ESPN's maps), so the
UConn fans (most of whom will be in the NE viewing area) are never going to have to watch Podunk U when a UConn game is on. UConn fans not in the NE area may get stuck with Podunk U., it's true.

What I'm talking about is the rest of the country having to watch a high seed team blow someone out
when more competitive games are available.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Any team's local fan base is always going to see their team's game in its entirety (see ESPN's maps), so the
UConn fans (most of whom will be in the NE viewing area) are never going to have to watch Podunk U when a UConn game is on. UConn fans not in the NE area may get stuck with Podunk U., it's true.

What I'm talking about is the rest of the country having to watch a high seed team blow someone out
when more competitive games are available.
Not if you are a Uconn fan in Miami or in CA

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Notre Dame's games kill me. I don't care who they're playing - 25 Free Throws by the start of the 4th. Come on.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Colorado St. Up 1 at halftime over USF. USF shooting bricks.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
USF hangs on, 48-45. CSU missed three potential tying 3-pointers over the final 1:20.

Courtney Williams had 31 of her team's 48 points on 12-for-29 shooting. The rest of the Bulls shot 6 for 31. Seems to me like one of those weird clunker games that USF turns in every once in a while, but never when they play UConn. They advanced today anyway, which is all that matters, but I suspect they'll have to play better to get past UCLA on its home court.

Reaction Score
USF hangs on, 48-45. CSU missed three potential tying 3-pointers over the final 1:20.

Courtney Williams had 31 of her team's 48 points on 12-for-29 shooting. The rest of the Bulls shot 6 for 31. Seems to me like one of those weird clunker games that USF turns in every once in a while, but never when they play UConn. They advanced today anyway, which is all that matters, but I suspect they'll have to play better to get past UCLA on its home court.

Why was she held out? Seems weird.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Why was she held out? Seems weird.
Of the starting lineup? I don't know, to be honest. I was mostly preoccupied with the UConn men's game tonight, so I didn't catch the whole USF game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good question re Courtney Williams. Why not starting today?

As noted, she had more than 60% of the team's scoring, and the rest of the team shot under 20%. Why don't they play like that against us? :)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame's games kill me. I don't care who they're playing - 25 Free Throws by the start of the 4th. Come on.

Well, if we are going to go there.

Notre Dame had 29 FT attempts from 24 PF called on NC A&T, whereas NC A&T had 23 FT attempts from 21 PF called on the Irish. Actually quite even, considering the game was in South Bend.

UConn had 27 FT attempts from 20 PF called on Robert Morris, whereas RM had 6 FT attempts from 9 PF called on UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Always hard to judge in complete mismatch games with personal foul numbers - the 16 -14 seeds in the tournament are so completely overmatched in speed and quickness and size that they tend to get whacked with a lot of fouls. The ND foul total is a little shocking in fact - that they could commit that many fouls while winning so easily is strange.

Reaction Score
Duquesne is a good looking mid major

Duquesne is a perfect example of how the committe manipulates seeds to fit their needs. Admittedly, yesterday was my first opportunity to see them play this year. IMO, they are more talented amd coached better than several lower seeded teams I,m watching.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

annoying.

I was totally PO'd when I didn't get to see any of my Missouri home girls' victory. Sophie dropped 20, Jordan got 19, and Morgan 14. Sigh......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom