NC State beats MD by 9 | The Boneyard

NC State beats MD by 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
72-63

great coaching by Wes Moore .... They played a box/diamond and one on Thomas, she had 18 points, but only got 13 shots.

Last edited:

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
State now sits at No. 3 in the ACC standings. Who would've thunk it?!

The diamond-and-one frustrated Thomas and threw Maryland off. Perfectly played & great defensive by the Wolfpack Women, particularly the undersized point guard who was mostly guarding Thomas (Southern Cal transfer Len'nique Brown)

Moore is a masterful coach, and the team is full of some experienced, hungry players who have bought into the system and who have done everything that he has asked of them. If he can bring in the recruits, he's going to have something real special happening in Raleigh. This has definitely turned out to be a special season. So loving it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This could be a costly loss for the turtles ... the key for the ACC tourney is to garner a top 4 seed and the bye until Friday. State should be 22-3 going into their rematch vs UNC in Reynolds.

Reaction Score
State now sits at No. 3 in the ACC standings. Who would've thunk it?!

The diamond-and-one frustrated Thomas and threw Maryland off. Perfectly played & great defensive by the Wolfpack Women, particularly the undersized point guard who was mostly guarding Thomas (Southern Cal transfer Len'nique Brown)

Moore is a masterful coach, and the team is full of some experienced, hungry players who have bought into the system and who have done everything that he has asked of them. If he can bring in the recruits, he's going to have something real special happening in Raleigh. This has definitely turned out to be a special season. So loving it.

How is recruiting going ? any 2014 commits ?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They have:

Chloe Jackson G 5-8 (#100 in vowelguys composite, #77 Prospectnation, )
Aleka Maize P 6-4
Chelsea Nelson W 6-1

None ranked in top 100 by Hoopgurlz, Bluestar, Fullcourt, ASGR.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score

The full list of players who'll be available to play next year, including a transfer and a JUCO, based on ASGR:
  • Carlee Schuhmacher, No. 33 JC, 6-2, C;
  • Chloe Jackson, No. 144, 5-8, SG;
  • Dominique Wilson, No. 134 (Arkansas transfer), 5-6, PG;
  • Chelsea Nelson, No. 319, 6-1, WF;
  • Akela Maize, No. 553, 6-4, C.

Ranked 64 in ASGR latest, which is next to last in the ACC. We fans are fully expecting a drop-off next season, given what we'll lose, but I think our recruits will fare better than their rankings suggest based on Coach Moore's ability to develop players quickly and mold teams that best utilizes their strengths.

For the 2015 class, we appear to be in contention for some upper level recruits (e.g., Mone Jones & Kody Burke's sister, Kennedy), and several staffers affiliated with other programs told me that the State coaching staff is making a hell of a impression on the recruiting trail. Our staff includes Gene Hill, who was heavily involved in assembling Georgia Tech's last several recruiting classes and for bringing in a player ranked No. 1 in some services. And Lindsay Edmonds, formerly of James Madison, knows the areas that's a focus of recruiting very well and has great relationships. Plus, their home court (the storied Reynolds Coliseum) is going to be renovated -- another great selling point.

Coach Moore will be on the road recruiting 3 days beginning today. What a great time to be on the road.

BTW, we do have a recruiting thread for WBB on our Olympics board on Pack Pride, where talk about the Wolfpack Women has picked up in recent weeks. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ranked 64 in All Stars Report latest, which is next to last in the ACC. We fans are fully expecting a drop-off next season, given what we'll lose, but I think our recruits will fare better than their rankings suggest based on Coach Moore's ability to develop players quickly and mold teams that best utilizes their strengths.

For the 2015 class, we appear to be in contention for some upper level recruits (e.g., Mone Jones & Kody Burke's sister, Kennedy), and several staffers affiliated with other programs told me that the State coaching staff is making a hell of a impression on the recruiting trail. Our staff includes Gene Hill, who was heavily involved in assembling Georgia Tech's last several recruiting classes and for bringing in a player ranked No. 1 in some services. And Lindsay Edmonds, formerly of James Madison, knows the areas that's a focus of recruiting very well and has great relationships. Plus, their home court (the storied Reynolds Coliseum) is going to be renovated -- another great selling point.

Coach Moore will be on the road recruiting 3 days beginning today. What a great time to be on the road.

BTW, we do have a recruiting thread for WBB on our Olympics board on Pack Pride, where talk about the Wolfpack Women has picked up in recent weeks. :)

That looks like a respectable class, Schumaker, and Wilson could be nice additions. I agree, fans put to much stock in player ranking, some higher ranked players are not as hungry, or coachable.

Good Luck

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
With UNC and UMD losing again and Duke barely winning, it looks more and more like Notre Dame is going to be really, really tough to beat in conference play.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
With UNC and UMD losing again and Duke barely winning, it looks more and more like Notre Dame is going to be really, really tough to beat in conference play.

UConn and ND just play at a different level than these ACC teams. UConn has won something like 25 straight games against ACC competition and it wasn't close.

I'm struggling to figure out how Duke beats ND on Sunday. Both teams can score and neither team shuts (good) opponents down defensively. I just think ND is tougher and is more difficult to defend than Duke. I don't think Duke has the physical post players to expose ND's inside game the way Maryland did. Maybe the Cameron crowd will rattle ND. Maybe Elizabeth Williams will have the game of her life.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn and ND just play at a different level than these ACC teams. UConn has won something like 25 straight games against ACC competition and it wasn't close.

I'm struggling to figure out how Duke beats ND on Sunday. Both teams can score and neither team shuts (good) opponents down defensively. I just think ND is tougher and is more difficult to defend than Duke. I don't think Duke has the physical post players to expose ND's inside game the way Maryland did. Maybe the Cameron crowd will rattle ND. Maybe Elizabeth Williams will have the game of her life.

Well at least I can view Coach Ivey in person for the first time Sunday ;)

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
If NC St keeps this up, I expect their next recruiting class to be MUCH better.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well at least I can view Coach Ivey in person for the first time Sunday ;)

I hope you get more out of Sunday's game than a Coach Ivey sighting, e.g. a Win. Perhaps "the sweater" is working on a top-secret defense to foil the Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom