Natalie Butler To Make Her UConn Debut on Monday in TN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler To Make Her UConn Debut on Monday in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was very nice. Everyone loves a nice nut basket..

zqb-8219_1z.jpg

By the way, I'm glad you enjoyed the game, but you and Avery do doing the games is really your own business.;)
That basket of nuts will fit in really well here on the BY. :p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I tend to agree. But I do think Natalie will get 15 to 20 minutes of playing time. Who she subs in for is anybody's guess. I assume Geno will want to see a big front line with Butler at the 5, Stewie at the 3 and Tuck at the 4. If this big line can completely dominate an opponent, then you will know which direction Geno will go in for the future.

Come next Monday, I would expect Butler to see significant minutes against ND, especially if Turner plays. And that one is a big if right now.
For me 15-20 minutes would be significant playing time for Butler.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Natalie will come off the bench and sub for Morgan. That will allow Morgan to rest her knees during the year in preparation for the tournament. Natalie is going to be incredible. Welcome back, Natalie.
What are her strong points? I have never seen her play.

Reaction Score
What are her strong points? I have never seen her play.

Natalie was the leading rebounder in the Big East her freshman year at Georgetown and was freshmen of the year in that league. She also led her team in double doubles so she is great around the basket, has good hands and can defend well in the paint.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Natalie was the leading rebounder in the Big East her freshman year at Georgetown and was freshmen of the year in that league. She also led her team in double doubles so she is great around the basket, has good hands and can defend well in the paint.
Leading freshman rebounder in the nation and #5 overall. She's a rebounder, probably first and foremost.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As we all know, Gampel is a very difficult venue to play in if you're not wearing a UConn uniform. :cool: Go Huskies.

Not so long ago, it was a quite comfortable venue for Muffit's previous teams.
If my statement seems over the top...certainly all seriously contested games.
But for a while, ND had our number regardless of the venue.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't expect Butler to play a lot today. Chattanooga is a very guard oriented team. If you look at THE pre-game report you'll see they only really play 1 player over 6-0. On the other hand UCONN should be able to feast on the inside.
Where does one find this definitive pregame report? :D

I agree. I'll say 8-10 minutes for Natalie.

Reaction Score
Don't get too excited. How are we possibly going to fit another quality post player in the rotation? We are doomed!
Poor Geno having to live with a team full of possible All Americans...What a rotten deal!!

Reaction Score
My nuts never arrived. Of course, it is not unusual down here in Guate for parcels not to arrive. Best to Avery, anyhow.
It is the Central American Carib spread the wealth system. When their people go postal they go home with goodies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It is the Central American Carib spread the wealth system. When their people go postal they go home with goodies.
Well, yes. I am sure that someone, somewhere in this little ol' banana republic is enjoying the nuts. Prolly best for all. I need more calories like Geno needs more All-Americans. It is also possible that in his excitement Alex left me off the list of recipients. It could happen. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That's true. ND did enjoy a relative amount of success not so long ago. Your "had our number not so long ago" comment, made me go back 8 years (2007-2008 season), to recount just how many games the Huskies have lost on their home court. I made the statement that Gampel Pavilion was / is not an easy place to play. Let's see how true that statement is................

In the last 8 years, UConn has played ND 14 times. UConn has won 9 of those 14. So yes sir, you're correct. ND did have UConn's number for a moment. However, that moment has passed. Notre Dame's last victory against UConn was at the XL Center on 3/11/13, 61-59. UConn has defeated ND their last 3 meetings, two of which were on national TV, on the biggest stage in WCBB .

Now, let's look at games UConn lost at home since the 2007-2008 season: (8 years)

2007-2008 (36-2) They lost @ Rutgers and to Stanford in Tampa. No home court losses.

2008-2009 (39-0) They went undefeated, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses.

2009-2010
(39-0) They went undefeated....again, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses.

2010-2011
(36-2) Lost to Stanford @ Stanford, lost to Notre Dame in Indy during NCAA tournament. No Home court losses.

2011-2012
(33-5) Lost to St. John's and Notre Dame at home. Lost @ Baylor, @ Notre Dame, and again to ND @ Denver during the NCAA Tournament. 2 home court losses.

2012-2013
(35-4) Lost to Notre Dame TWICE , and Baylor at home. They also lost to ND in South Bend. 3 home court losses.

2013-2014
(40-0) They went undefeated....again, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses. Five of those years, they lost no home games.

2014-2015
(38-1) They lost to Stanford in Palo Alto. No home court losses.

Recap - UConn has lost
five (5) games in 8 years on their home court. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Six of those eight years they were undefeated at home.
While its true that several teams have come to UConn and enjoyed a victory, those instances have been few and far between, including the last two years, and so far this year.
That sir is why I felt comfortable in making the comment about Gampel and the XL Center being a difficult place for visiting teams to play. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn's slow early season schedule benefited Natalie. She could have easily missed an additional 3 or 4 games.

You don't mind losing a few battles if you can win the war!! I'd sit her until mid- January if it meant she'd be completely healthy for the stretch run during Feb thru March. Same goes for Boykin. They're going to need them at the end of the season more than they do now.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You don't mind losing a few battles if you can win the war!! I'd sit her until mid- January if it meant she'd be completely healthy for the stretch run during Feb thru March. Same goes for Boykin. They're going to need them at the end of the season more than they do now.

That would not be very fair to a young lady that came to UCONN to be part of the team. If she is healthy the staff owes it to her to put her on the court.

I'm looking forward to watching her play tonight. Am I expecting too much to anticipate seeing another Dolson?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for them it didn't result in any rings. They got a couple of trophies out of it though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UConn's slow early season schedule benefited Natalie. She could have easily missed an additional 3 or 4 games.
Good point. Great planning by Geno and Co. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to watching her play tonight. Am I expecting too much to anticipate seeing another Dolson?
That's a hell of a big expectation. I'd love to see it come true. But that's a hell of a big expectation. If she's as good as JMoore, I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
An entertaining thread, but I am easily amused.:cool:

My dog and I will raise our IPA's and give NB a standing O when she enters the game tonight.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That would not be very fair to a young lady that came to UCONN to be part of the team. If she is healthy the staff owes it to her to put her on the court.

Expect her to be as good or better than Dolson was as a sophomore. Don't expect her to be as good as Dolson was her last two years, this season anyway. She could very well be better than Dolson was before her career is over.

Reaction Score
That's true. ND did enjoy a relative amount of success not so long ago. Your "had our number not so long ago" comment, made me go back 8 years (2007-2008 season), to recount just how many games the Huskies have lost on their home court. I made the statement that Gampel Pavilion was / is not an easy place to play. Let's see how true that statement is......

In the last 8 years, UConn has played ND 14 times. UConn has won 9 of those 14. So yes sir, you're correct. ND did have UConn's number for a moment. However, that moment has passed. Notre Dame's last victory against UConn was at the XL Center on 3/11/13, 61-59. UConn has defeated ND their last 3 meetings, two of which were on national TV, on the biggest stage in WCBB .

Now, let's look at games UConn lost at home since the 2007-2008 season: (8 years)

2007-2008 (36-2) They lost @ Rutgers and to Stanford in Tampa. No home court losses.

2008-2009 (39-0) They went undefeated, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses.

2009-2010
(39-0) They went undefeated....again, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses.

2010-2011
(36-2) Lost to Stanford @ Stanford, lost to Notre Dame in Indy during NCAA tournament. No Home court losses.

2011-2012
(33-5) Lost to St. John's and Notre Dame at home. Lost @ Baylor, @ Notre Dame, and again to ND @ Denver during the NCAA Tournament. 2 home court losses.

2012-2013
(35-4) Lost to Notre Dame TWICE , and Baylor at home. They also lost to ND in South Bend. 3 home court losses.

2013-2014
(40-0) They went undefeated....again, so that speaks for its self. No home court losses. Five of those years, they lost no home games.

2014-2015
(38-1) They lost to Stanford in Palo Alto. No home court losses.

Recap - UConn has lost
five (5) games in 8 years on their home court. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Six of those eight years they were undefeated at home.
While its true that several teams have come to UConn and enjoyed a victory, those instances have been few and far between, including the last two years, and so far this year.
That sir is why I felt comfortable in making the comment about Gampel and the XL Center being a difficult place for visiting teams to play. ;)

Agreed. As impressive? Their home-court run from the 1993-1994 season to the 2002-2003 season (10 seasons), during which they lost 3 times at home:

1/15/96 Georgia 75-UConn 67 at Gampel
1/10/99 Tennessee 91-UConn 81 at Gampel
2/2/00 Tennessee 72-UConn 71 at Gampel

Reaction Score
While I realize that those in the know and in charge have cleared her to play, I am still concerned about re-injury.

Yes, I share your concern.

But I expect Natalie to be used sparingly for the next few games. Maybe about 10 minutes per.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If she's human Natalie has got to be like a cat on a hot tin roof right about now. She's had to sit and watch for a year and a half almost. She knows that the eyes of the Husky Nation are on her and everyone who has played sports at a high level knows that when the whistle blows on a real game ... well, it ain't practice. It is her off hand, but it is still far from ideal - and we want her to develop that left handed shot. For all I know she has it in her repertoire - just now on injured reserve. Be glad to see her go in and do a few things to get the positive energy going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom