Natalie Butler is going to start & play well next year.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler is going to start & play well next year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Natter on, Nabobs of Negativism, if natter you must. Save your posts and post them again this time next year. They will provide good laughs. (And good night, Mr. Saffire, wherever you are.)

Plagerist! But I like it none the less!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Curious to know if anybody has heard (rumors are welcome) or read (revisionist history is welcome) ANYthing about how she is doing in practice this year, other than hitting the weights hard and showing a great. supportive attitude? Would really enjoy anything anyone can provide on that....even third hand or worse.

Actually, while I just let it go in passing, whether it was the Geno Show or elsewhere, someone was saying how great it was to have her to deal with in practice and Stewie could do nothing down low against her.

Here it is: Geno:" When she is in the lane with Stewie, Stewie can’t guard her, Stewie can’t move her and when Stewie is in the lane, she can’t get anything done because she just physically manhandles Stewie." http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141217/georgetown-transfer-natalie-butler-will-serve-uconn-well

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
229805-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Moodie-Character-With-One-Foot-In-The-Grave.jpg

JS, I feel you (and TomTom) have stumbled into something that could enhance the quality of life on the Boneyard. VG JS VG.

Reaction Score
I don't see Natalie guarding a lot of guys bigger than her, as Geno said. She's 6'5" and she's thick, not a stick.

Reaction Score
I'm really eager to see this young lady in action. I tend to be skeptical of new players, many of whom are touted as the next big thing with little or no history to back it up. Not so much with this player, who has some history for us to sink our teeth into, as well as positive reviews from people who should know. I'm uncharacteristically optimistic about this one.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the Cox booster on the other thread is willing to believe Geno regarding his opinion on Butler per the link above. You know, the who said Cox would start ahead of Butler in two years and Butler would have to come off the bench.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the Cox booster on the other thread is willing to believe Geno regarding his opinion on Butler per the link above. You know, the who said Cox would start ahead of Butler in two years and Butler would have to come off the bench.

1-- He didn't say Cox would start ahead of Butler by her frosh year.
2--- Where does it say from Geno that he'd start Butler over Cox if Cox chose UCONN by some point in Cox's 2nd year? or Maybe early into her 3rd?

Reaction Score
1-- He didn't say Cox would start ahead of Butler by her frosh year.
2--- Where does it say from Geno that he'd start Butler over Cox if Cox chose UCONN by some point in Cox's 2nd year? or Maybe early into her 3rd?

Geno didn't speculate because he realizes that it is folly to do that.

Reaction Score
If UCONN is lucky enough to get Cox, I really don't care if Butler or Cox starts as long as UCONN continues to dominate and win like they have for the past twenty years.

Reaction Score
Geno didn't speculate because he realizes that it is folly to do that.

When isn't it folly to speculate for example on prediction of a score? Or predict who is going to win? Or bracketology? Or rankings? Or in the summer best teams ever etc? Who we need/or should go after in the future (only Geno and the staff know if they want to go big or small)? My point is- if you want to speak of "folly" a lot of threads can be looked upon by Geno as "folly" on this site. What fun is that though for many of us?

Reaction Score
Actually, while I just let it go in passing, whether it was the Geno Show or elsewhere, someone was saying how great it was to have her to deal with in practice and Stewie could do nothing down low against her.

Here it is: Geno:" When she is in the lane with Stewie, Stewie can’t guard her, Stewie can’t move her and when Stewie is in the lane, she can’t get anything done because she just physically manhandles Stewie." http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141217/georgetown-transfer-natalie-butler-will-serve-uconn-well

ROCK: ahhhh.....that's the stuff. Sounds MIGHTY good to me.....going against the game's best!

Reaction Score
ROCK: just read the link you attached, and there is some additional very encouraging material in there....perceptions of coaches who have played against her, etc.. I continue to think she is going to be a terrific player for us.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New article on Butler:

"Her personality is crazy, absolutely crazy, on and off the court," Moriah Jefferson said. "If she can figure out how to bring that fun and excitement onto the court, as opposed to being as nervous as she appears at times, it would help her a lot.

"I really don't know how to explain it," Jefferson said. "She just sings and dances all the time, and it's not something you would really expect from her at all. It's kind of like another Stef. I guess it's something we recruit here; 6-5 posts who like to sing and dance."

While flattered, Butler is quick to offer a disclaimer.

"I really can't sing and I really can't dance," she said.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-0124-20150123-story.html

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah is very funny.

We don't know what Natalie's ceiling or potential is, but she's working very hard. Geno will help her find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom