NASL in Hartford | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NASL in Hartford

Reaction Score
I was born at Hartford Hospital.

I've lived in the city and in most of the suburbs.

My daughter was born at St. Francis.

I've spent 39 of my 41 years around here.

Not only are we not allowed to have nice things we can't even have an NASL team?

Let's get a kickstarter going. We only need 2 million in expansion fees and about a million a year in operating costs.

Reaction Score
To say this is a disappointment would be a MASSIVE understatement. I think the support that comes out for USNT games, both men and women teams, shows that the support and interest is there. Indoor soccer won't draw any interest. To be honest, I never even knew it existed on a professional level.

The support doesn't matter. What matters is having an investor or a group of investors who is willing the waste/invest millions of dollars in startup costs. And I guess that guy backed out. I am sure that the NASL being associated with Traffic who is embroiled in the FIFA corruption scandal didn't help so maybe the money guy got cold feet because of that issue.

Indoor soccer has a weird cult following. The various leagues have folded a bunch of times over the years always with a new popping up in its place, but many of the teams have carried on. There are a few places like KC, Wichita, San Diego and others that have had it on a near constant basis. I just think that Hartford is kind of saturated, but I am glad that was is left of the Hartford City Group/PSMG had the resolve and foresight to put some kind of competitive product out there. And if they can keep the organization going then they will be well postured if the Dillon project ever comes together and if they can attract some capital investment....

Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thinking more about this Indoor team. It could be pretty good if they develop some sort of supporters group. Drinks at Vaughns ahead of time and a quick walk down the street to the XL. Could be a good scene if indoor soccer catches on. (Yes I know this will never occur because it's Hartford and it seems like nothing positive e ver happens to Hartford which pains me)

Reaction Score
Thinking more about this Indoor team. It could be pretty good if they develop some sort of supporters group. Drinks at Vaughns ahead of time and a quick walk down the street to the XL. Could be a good scene if indoor soccer catches on. (Yes I know this will never occur because it's Hartford and it seems like nothing positive e ver happens to Hartford which pains me)

They have a supposed supporters group for the indoor and proposed outdoor.
http://www.thearmoryct.com/agents-of-hale.html

https://m.facebook.com/hartfordarmory

I joined and got some emails over the summer , but nothing since the announcement. Follow CTProSoccer on Facebook for good localized info on indoor and outdoor news.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah I joined to but got the feeling it was aimed more for a NASL announcement then for the indoor one.

Strange no emails from agents of hale when they announced the indoor team. But, they do have the entire sections 119-124 designated as "the armory". So, who knows if they're related or not, but I'm sure they will be the same fans / supporter group at both events.

They should do some type of loyalty program. If you buy ST to 1st year of MASL and continue until 2017, they should give some type of deal/incentive when NASL team starts in 2017

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thinking more about this Indoor team. It could be pretty good if they develop some sort of supporters group. Drinks at Vaughns ahead of time and a quick walk down the street to the XL. Could be a good scene if indoor soccer catches on.

A front seat in the endzone bar might be fun at these games.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Just got this from Agents of Hale group....will be ineresting to see what happens with Dillon....

Good evening friends! We hope you've been keeping up with all the wonderful things going on with #AgentsOfHale the last few weeks, and that you're as excited as we are about the upcoming MASL season!
As the club continues to push for an NASL franchise, this Thursday will prove to be an important step in that process--
The club will be at the Hartford City Council Meeting this Thursday, October 1st, at 5:30 (City Hall). They will be presenting their plan for Dillion Stadium's demolition/revival (renderings included apparently), with the hope of gaining the city's full support.
This is where we come in. Let's be "those guys". Let's show the city that we absolutely intend to provide our undying support to the club from Day 1, and that the future as bright as we know it is.
Stay tuned on the social media accounts (Agents of Hale; @AgentsOfHaleCT) for more info as we get it. You can always email this address directly with any questions or concerns.

While we're at it... Have you purchased your Agents of Hale Founding Father Membership yet? Visit www.agentsofhale.com , check out what we've been up to, and secure your role as a founding member! Again--any questions? Hit us up.

Season tickets can be secured at www.hartfordcityfc.com/Armory.html .
Tickets through that link will be specifically in Section 121 - the official section (within The Armory, of course) of The Agents of Hale! The home opener is 11/8 at 1pm! More details about our fun plans for that entire weekend are coming very soon!

We love ya! #HCFC #AgentsOfHale #StockTheArmory

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously someone thinks this is a good idea?

It's 50/50 they survive one season.

The Civic Center is incredibly expensive to rent.

Kicking off at 1 PM on an NFL Sunday will get the ball rolling.

Reaction Score
I read an SI article that said Hartford's discussions with the NASL are "dead".

As far as the MASL I don't see how that will be successful especially with the high ticket prices. $25 is insane imo for indoor soccer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is their first player really a 35 year old who spent last season in the 9th level in England last season.

This is going to be a tremendous trainwreck. Aint nobody gonna get paid.

Reaction Score
https://www.facebook.com/CTProSoccer

Going on right now… not there though.
"The Council's Operations, Management, Budget & Legislative Affairs Committee will meet at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 in Council Chambers. Agenda is below.

1. 260 Huyshope Avenue. Approval of amendments to an agreement between the City and Colt Gateway, LLC for use of the City owned property for parking for tenants of the Colt Complex and visitors to the new Coltsville National Historic Park. (Segarra)

2. Fiber Network. Approval to partner with Stamford and New Haven (and potentially other cities and towns) in the CTgig project which will eventually provide internet broadband to all addresses in Connecticut. (Segarra)

3. Presentation by Black Diamond Consulting on proposed development of a 10,000 seat soccer stadium on the site of Dillon Stadium.

From Donna Sanchini Swarr: The Council will consider a resolution authorizing the City to lease the land on which Dillon Stadium is currently located to the Black Diamond Consulting Group for 49 years. The City will demolish the existing stadium and provide a clean site to Black Diamond who will construct a soccer stadium of 10,000 seats and will recruit a professional soccer team. The stadium will be made available for ten city events each year. (Kennedy) (Item #22)There is going to be a City Council public hearing on Dillon Monday 10/19 at 7:00 p.m. But it will be discussed and voted on at 2 City Council committee meetings before the hearing, this Wednesday 9/30--OMBLA at 6 pm and Tuesday, 10/6 at 6 pm, PEDH. Please attend the Wednesday meetings, email the City Councilmen or attend the meeting on October 19th to ask questions or make comments".

Reaction Score
^^^ I wonder if those 10 city events are high school football games? Some pictures I saw had a "little dillon" for local sports, but who know if thats in the plans. Also, reading this it seems the city will pay for the demolition and Black Diamond pays for the entire stadium.

Hope it happens. Not going to get my hopes up, but they're holding a vote on it before a public meeting on it? huh?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
https://www.facebook.com/CTProSoccer

3. Presentation by Black Diamond Consulting on proposed development of a 10,000 seat soccer stadium on the site of Dillon Stadium.

From Donna Sanchini Swarr: The Council will consider a resolution authorizing the City to lease the land on which Dillon Stadium is currently located to the Black Diamond Consulting Group for 49 years. The City will demolish the existing stadium and provide a clean site to Black Diamond who will construct a soccer stadium of 10,000 seats and will recruit a professional soccer team. The stadium will be made available for ten city events each year. (Kennedy) (Item #22)There is going to be a City Council public hearing on Dillon Monday 10/19 at 7:00 p.m. But it will be discussed and voted on at 2 City Council committee meetings before the hearing, this Wednesday 9/30--OMBLA at 6 pm and Tuesday, 10/6 at 6 pm, PEDH. Please attend the Wednesday meetings, email the City Councilmen or attend the meeting on October 19th to ask questions or make comments".

I really REALLY wish they would look into blending this in with the potential developments that will be taking place at Rentschler Field. It's so dumb to have these complexes all spread out throughout Hartford/East Hartford, with the baseball stadium going in North Hartford, Rentschler being in EH, and Dillon Stadium not being near either one.

Reaction Score
I really REALLY wish they would look into blending this in with the potential developments that will be taking place at Rentschler Field. It's so dumb to have these complexes all spread out throughout Hartford/East Hartford, with the baseball stadium going in North Hartford, Rentschler being in EH, and Dillon Stadium not being near either one.

That has always been one of CT's problems. Each town competes with each other. Very little regional coordination outside of MetroNorth. The state has 3 deepwater ports (Bridgeport, New Haven, New London); but does not have the money to upgrade all 3 so none of them are upgraded. Cities steal minor league baseball teams from each other - Waterbury Indians, West Haven A's, New Haven Ravens, Norwich Navigators, New Britain RockCats, etc. Heck, for a state with 3.6 million people on just 5,500 square miles and is all of 70 miles in width, having 3 'major' cities (Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford) and several smaller cities is not. Too many places to spread limited resources over. Connecticut would have been better off with 1 city in the middle of the state (pick would be New Haven over Hartford, its on the coast & has direct rail access to NYC) with 400K city population, about a million in the metro area where the resources, jobs, etc. could be focused.

Reaction Score
So Black Diamond Consulting (HCFC ownership) is going to build a 15,000 seat stadium on the Dillon Stadium site with $40M (!!??) of private $? Why does this sound so completely far fetched? I thought the original plan was the city earmark marked 12.5M and were going to build it with that? Now all they're paying for is site preparation (>1M). Something isn't adding up, like at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom