Napier | The Boneyard

Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Deserves a special thread today. Cant say enough about this guys leadership, performance, and heart this year. He is truly one of the all-time great huskies and I believe he will come back next year and put an exclamation point on his legacy.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
One of the best individual seasons in UConn history. And in a way, this was one of the best seasons in UConn history.

Wasn't always pretty but 20 wins with a depleted roster and no chance of the postseason is extremely impressive.

Reaction Score
I had no doubt he would play in this game and carry us. He wasnt gonna let us lose to Providence in his our last game. I dont wanna say he is Kemba but hes right up there, hopefully we see him come back.

Reaction Score
Deserves a special thread today. Cant say enough about this guys leadership, performance, and heart this year. He is truly one of the all-time great huskies and I believe he will come back next year and put an exclamation point on his legacy.

Remember last year when folks wanted to run Napier out of town during that rough January stretch of missing so many shots in a row.... but people failed to realize, Napier lead the team last year with the most clutch shots, just like this year. His leadership was outstanding this year. The team bought in & they did exceptionally well. Kudos to Napier! He was The Man this Year for UConn!

I think Boatright can make that same leap next year, so we shouldn't jump all over him. It's all a process of growing up. We've all been there.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I hope he comes back, but whatever he does, what a great kid he is and what an awesome season he has had. To go out and play pretty much the whole game at maybe 60% and who knows how much discomfort is just one more testimony of his loyalty and leadership.

Overtime will henceforth be "Shabazz Time."

Reaction Score
Not to quote Geno, but.....

We have Shabazz and you don't....

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who's this Napier guy! Is he the same fellow as Shabazz! :) Started a thread earlier with the same intention.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big show of the "ol tick tock" to paraphrase Calhoun. He's earn a place among my favorites.

Reaction Score
Last year most of us were confused as to who was the locker room problem. I think it has become pretty clear over the last year who the problem was. We should never have doubted him when he and JC hugged on the court at the buzzer of one of the home games last year. JC knew Shabazz was not the problem.

Reaction Score
Last year most of us were confused as to who was the locker room problem. I think it has become pretty clear over the last year who the problem was. We should never have doubted him when he and JC hugged on the court at the buzzer of one of the home games last year. JC knew Shabazz was not the problem.

You mean A.O. & his negativity??? ;-)

Reaction Score
If I ran into the kid tomorrow and I would go up to him and simply say THANK YOU. The kid bleeds blue and white. In this time of conference chaos and frustration he brought us to the light and reminds us what UCONN is all about

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great year and performance today for the ages...only one minute of rest while playing through the injury...tough stuff!

Reaction Score
One of the best individual seasons in UConn history. And in a way, this was one of the best seasons in UConn history.

Wasn't always pretty but 20 wins with a depleted roster and no chance of the postseason is extremely impressive.

UConn won today because SN suited up and played 44 of 45 minutes!

This outcome put us at 20 wins, left everyone in country realizing that UConn would have made the tourney if eligible, and put an exclamation mark on KO's first year!

UConn fans will be talking about SN willing us to victory on a hobbled foot for 20 years.

This was a "Rudyesque" moment!

One of my alltime favorite Huskies.

Of course he's a first rounder, without SN UConn would not have won 10 games.

Best of luck SN, hope your foot heals 100%.

Right now I hope and feel like KO will be our coach for 20 years and he will always remember this SN performance and W against PC as a very special moment!

ps just watched the highlights - who got the final rebound........SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom