CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit) | The Boneyard

CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

From ESPN:
Strengths:
Powell is one of the best three-point shooters in the country. He's virtually automatic when his feet are set and already owns range out to the NBA arc. He's very adept at getting his shot off in a number of ways and is equally capable of coming off screens, pulling up from deep off the dribble or finding a spot in transition. He'll make shots in bunches and when he gets going he's one of the few players in the country who can win a game for his team from beyond the three-point line. He's also proven that he can be a high level scorer even as the focal point of opposing defenses, in large part because of his ability to make tough shots.

Weaknesses:
Powell is undersized for the two-guard position and not an explosive athlete. He's going to have constant challenge keeping up with quicker and more athletic guards on the defensive end of the floor and also is never going to blow by anybody off the dribble or play above the rim. His conditioning has gradually improving over the years, but he'll benefit from being in a college weight room on a full time basis and being able to cut-up his frame for the first time. Everything he gets offensively is based on the threat of his jumper and so, for a volume scorer, he doesn't have very many ways to get easy buckets.

Bottom Line:
He doesn't fit the physical or athletic profile of a high-major prospect but he has one special skill that he does as well, if not better, than any other prospect in the country and so he's the exception to the rule.

Reaction Score
would love the 3 ball. this is an interesting offer

Reaction Score
Not mad at all at that offer. looks like an elite shooter. reminds me of that kid smith-rivera from gtown, stocky shooting combo guard

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I like it, a reliable pure 3 point shooter has been lacking for some time now if you exclude Giffey. Ollie's system is reliant on kick outs to open shooters, last season we lacked that and our offense slowed to a crawl when we couldn't hit our open shots beyond the arc.

Reaction Score
Kid currently plays for child hood friend Kelvin Jefferson at South Kent... Would be nice to see him stick around in the CT area and winds up in Storrs, CT... Our offense revolves around strong perimeter shooting... he may not fit the size profile but he certainly fits UCONN's profile..

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
How likely his speed could improve at this point? Or would his defense limit him to being a role player? That's a nice roll.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing a couple box scores of the Nike tournament and wondering who he kid was. Programs that he had offers from did not match the type of games this kid was having against the level of competition he was going off against. Considering he and tremont will be teammates this year in south Kent a visit one would think is a given.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I guess he is only 6'0" tall, so that puts him in a different category than RA. He looks like he has good anticipation on D, pretty quick release, and nice high arcing shot. Seems like he can just play, at least on the offensive end. Made some good passes in the video, but not sure how strong a ball-handler he is....anyone seen him live or outside of highlight videos? He could be a nice weapon with the variety of scorers KO can put on the floor. However, if he can't play D, he won't see much court time (like Scotty Harrelson).

Reaction Score
I guess he is only 6'0" tall, so that puts him in a different category than RA. He looks like he has good anticipation on D, pretty quick release, and nice high arcing shot. Seems like he can just play, at least on the offensive end. Made some good passes in the video, but not sure how strong a ball-handler he is....anyone seen him live or outside of highlight videos? He could be a nice weapon with the variety of scorers KO can put on the floor. However, if he can't play D, he won't see much court time (like Scotty Harrelson).

Seems like he is a Ashton Gibbs(possibly Sterling, haven't seen him play enough outside of tcf's highlight vid to comment) type, about the same height and build, not overly athletic and not really a PG but a great shooter. After seeing the instagram post and the dream school comments they should sign him up. If Purvis leaves they're definitely in dire need of another 6'0"-6'5" 'ish guard in the backcourt, and other than the guard they just offered out of KY I don't believe they're actively involved with any others.

Reaction Score
Can't have enough shooters ever. Kid can stroke it I mean he didn't miss one!

Seriously if he shoots it as well as they say if he understands a role like Rashad bring him in!

Reaction Score
dont think he is playing at south kent next year, transferring to trenton catholic. Hes listed at 6'3 on d1circuit.com , i could see him being legit 6'2. looks much taller than devereal ramsey in one of those videos, and ramsey is 5'11.

Reaction Score
He must be one heck of a shooter to be a top-100 player who's 6'0 and not a ballhandler.

Reaction Score
dont think he is playing at south kent next year, transferring to trenton catholic. Hes listed at 6'3 on d1circuit.com , i could see him being legit 6'2. looks much taller than devereal ramsey in one of those videos, and ramsey is 5'11.
Think you got it backwards- transferring from NJ to CT.

Reaction Score
hilariously enough powell seems to be a top target for our fake rivals vcu. they are already losing their s*** over there on ramnation

Reaction Score
Think you got it backwards- transferring from NJ to CT.

Thats two pretty deadly 3pt shooters in the South Kent backcourt (Tremont Waters and Myles Powell). That should help Tremont's assist numbers at South Kent, too

Reaction Score
cutting list in 45 minutes via twitter. Heres my guess

Uconn
VCU
Pitt
Marquette
Cincy
KSU
Nova(does he have an offer there? edit nope.)
Xavier

he's also scooped two crystal balls recently to uconn. one from meyer the other drew messmer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69