My newest obsession - Deadwood | The Boneyard

My newest obsession - Deadwood

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love westerns. Great show so far.

I loved it.

I hate that HBO lets David Milch make these great shows and then yanks the rug out from under them. (John from Cincinnati, Luck.)

Reaction Score
Is this the HBO series from a decade ago? Never saw it...heard good.

Reaction Score
Meh. Deadwood is at best a caricature of a western. It never did anything for me.

I loved John from Cincy though. They killed that one right when it started getting good.

Reaction Score
Watch Justified on FX if you like Deadwood. But start from the beginning.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Luck was cancelled because the number of thoroughbreds that died in the making of the show numbered greater than 1. HBO wanted no part of that publicity and the producers didn't want to take away from the authenticity of the race scenes, so no other outlet picked it up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so there are 2 people in the world who likes John From Cincinnati?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Loved Deadwood. Al may be the best charater I've ever seen on any TV show. Love Justified too, so Tim O is 2 for 2 so far, and is basically the same character in both shows.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
so there are 2 people in the world who likes John From Cincinnati?

HBO has buried that show so deeply that you can't even find it on HBOgo.

Fortunately, I'm one of about three people who just out and bought it.

Reaction Score
I like Deadwood but Justified is better in my opinion, I was really getting into John from Cincinnati and then boom it got cancelled.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
HBO has buried that show so deeply that you can't even find it on HBOgo.

Fortunately, I'm one of about three people who just out and bought it.

As I have said before, I can't figure out if John from Cincinnati was brilliant or incomprehensible. I would usually go back and forth on that assessment several times each episode.

Deadwood started great, then crossed into surreal a little.

I thought Luck was overly dramatic and poorly directed. A cast that strong shouldn't be over-acting that badly.

I have a big problem with Starz yanking shows quickly. Boss was one of my favorite shows on television, and absolutely deserved another season. Magic City was OK and probably deserved another season too. Camelot was a bit of a mess, but if Eva Green is going to get naked, then I was willing to stick with it for another year. The sluts and sandles genre (Black Sails is Spartacus on ships) is too silly for me to invest my time in.

Reaction Score
I have a big problem with Starz yanking shows quickly. Boss was one of my favorite shows on television, and absolutely deserved another season. Magic City was OK and probably deserved another season too.

I liked Boss and Magic City too, but people just didn't watch them. Magic City was averaging 370k viewers its 2nd season, way too few to justify its production cost.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked Boss and Magic City too, but people just didn't watch them. Magic City was averaging 370k viewers its 2nd season, way too few to justify its production cost.

Ratings were light, but shows like Boss in particular need time to build an audience. It isn't Spartacus, where half the viewers couldn't even name the characters and are just watching the fight and s e x scenes.

I looked up ratings for non-HBO shows. Shameless and House of Lies average 2.5 to 3 million a week. GOT is at 5 million.

Reaction Score
Camelot was a bit of a mess, but if Eva Green is going to get naked, then I was willing to stick with it for another year.

this is the truest thing you have ever written. Eva Green is a treasure to humanity and there is not enough nakedness involving her currently in the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom