My feelings | The Boneyard

My feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a game we should've won. I hate losing. Hate it. As poorly as the game went for UConn and as great as it went for Stanford we still should've won. With seconds left and a 3 pt lead we need our best foul shooters on the floor and our most experienced players to run down the clock. We needed a time out to discuss what we were going to do, one of which was to foul Stanford and if possible their worse foul shooter with less then 5 seconds left. Because of this UConn lost a game they should've won. Now we have to take a big step backwards and work on something's which start with inexperience and being unprepared in a close game late in the game. We need to practice what to do to correct that. Taking a shot when you trying to run out the clock is inexperience. Not getting a shot off with 2.6 seconds left is inexperience in this situation. Not fouling with less then 5 seconds left is inexperience in this situation. Not guarding the perimeter and giving up a 2 pt shot with a 3 pt lead is inexperience and all this needs to be addressed by the coaches in a time out. These are correctable mistakes and will be. The @ ND will be the report card that shows us if its been corrected or not. I am very disappointed with the games outcome. Opponents think UConn isn't as invincible. Opponents think UConn is beatable. As good as Stanford played and as Poorly as UConn played UConn lost the game more then Stanford won it because of UConns mistake with less then 30 seconds left. Yeah Stanford deserved the win because they played hard and a great game but it was UConn's own mistakes that cost them the game late. No disrespect to Stanford but this is how I see it.

I rewatched the game and in the first half with under 6 minutes left and UConn building a lead the refs call Stewie for a foul when blocking a shot. Bad call. That is followed up with Stewie grabbing a rebound and the Stanford player knocking it out of her hand and its called Stanford ball. Those two calls resulted in UConn not scoring and Stanford scoring which could've been an 8 pts turn around and allowed Stanford to stay close. It also changed the momentum of the game. BTW Im not blaming the refs just bringing out the point that UConn continued to hang in the game.

UConns inability to not make the right plays late in the game is something that ND took advantage of a couple of years ago. This time it needs to be fixed in practice. This time UConn needs to be ready for a close game and how to handle it and know what to do, to avoid hesitation. The report card in the ND game will let us know if we passed or failed.

Reaction Score
UConns inability to not make the right plays late in the game is something that ND took advantage of a couple of years ago. This time it needs to be fixed in practice. This time UConn needs to be ready for a close game and how to handle it and know what to do, to avoid hesitation. The report card in the ND game will let us know if we passed or failed.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts. I think Moriah will need to take charge for Uconn to defeat ND, in a very close game. ND's guards, not to mention the rest of the team, are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom