My favorite moment today was KML.... | The Boneyard

My favorite moment today was KML....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
returning the big kiss on the cheek that she got from Geno when she came off the court vs So Carolina, after the game ended. For those of you who were not able to see it- after the game, when her and Geno were holding the ball with her 2000 pt milestone I think, after the first series of pics- she laid a big one on Geno and held it there.
It really got to me. KML & Kiah were funny & awesome talking to the still packed crowd well after the game. She looked so relaxed and so happy knowing she became a phenomenal all around player. We are used to special kids coming and going. KML holds a super special place in my heart for a lot of reasons. She is something else!

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
For anyone who thinks that Geno is a jerk, look at "The Kiss" or at 4-year-old Xander running down the court to get picked up by Uncle Geno.
MH- that was the other best moment! And the he quickly realized his flowers fell- and he went from strangling Geno- to - couldn't get down fast enough!!! :)

Reaction Score
For anyone who thinks that Geno is a jerk, look at "The Kiss" or at 4-year-old Xander running down the court to get picked up by Uncle Geno.

Only those outside the UConn family would consider coach a jerk. We all know the truth about coach. To me, coach is a class act who speaks his mind. He also has a great coaching staff, lead by one of the coolest ladies ever, CD!!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Only those outside the UConn family would consider coach a jerk. We all know the truth about coach. To me, coach is a class act who speaks his mind. He also has a great coaching staff, lead by one of the coolest ladies ever, CD!!!
When I saw the wall of honor, with KML duely added, and then saw Geno up there, I wondered if and when Chris Dailey will be added to the Wall of Honor....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Chris deserves to be up on the Wall of Honor. However, if you add Chris Dailey, do you also have to add the other Assistant Coaches?

Reaction Score
I'm sure that Chris Dailey will be up on the wall at the appropriate time. I never worry about it because it will happen. Let's be honest we had a ceremony at halftime for a group of players(2 UConn announcers included) that played the first games at Gampel. To me that was bizarre. It was cute but I thought they could have done that maybe at an exhibition game not on Senior Day. If they can have a ceremony for a team that lost in the final four I'm sure they can find time to celebrate Chris Dailey for her longevity. I like the idea of celebrations being for huge contributions like the Wall of Honor being All-Americans or possibly for Chris Dailey who has been Geno's right arm for many years.

Reaction Score
CD definately deserves a spot on the wall! She's been here for the whole journey, even tho I am sure she received offers to leave. Although we can appreciate what others brought to the table, they have come and gone.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Chris deserves to be up on the Wall of Honor. However, if you add Chris Dailey, do you also have to add the other Assistant Coaches?

Simply, no, no you don't. CD is not an assistant coach, but the associate head coach. She is also the only one who has been here since Day 1 (other than Geno). I'm not sure there's another person associated with the program, from other coaches to support staff to athletic director staff, who have been here for half of CD's length of service. She stands out.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I'm sure that Chris Dailey will be up on the wall at the appropriate time. I never worry about it because it will happen. Let's be honest we had a ceremony at halftime for a group of players(2 UConn announcers included) that played the first games at Gampel. To me that was bizarre. It was cute but I thought they could have done that maybe at an exhibition game not on Senior Day. If they can have a ceremony for a team that lost in the final four I'm sure they can find time to celebrate Chris Dailey for her longevity. I like the idea of celebrations being for huge contributions like the Wall of Honor being All-Americans or possibly for Chris Dailey who has been Geno's right arm for many years.
I respectfully think your take that honoring that team that lost in the final four was in your words- bizarre???
I would say that those players are as important as any group in helping create what we have now. This isn't only my take but Geno said it in his Legacy show years ago. Geno & CD go to great lengths to instill the history and past players that created what we all enjoy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom