My 2 cents | The Boneyard

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I listened to the game while driving Sat and was in and out of the car often. Somewhere in the second half I listened and the dogs were up 14-7 and moving. After a first down , Max ran for a 7 yrd gain ...2nd and 3.... in comes the wildcat...3rd and 7...and it was all down hill from there. It was like the whole team let out a sigh like WTF! This OC has to go!

Reaction Score
I listened to the game while driving Sat and was in and out of the car often. Somewhere in the second half I listened and the dogs were up 14-7 and moving. After a first down , Max ran for a 7 yrd gain ...2nd and 3.... in comes the wildcat...3rd and 7...and it was all down hill from there. It was like the whole team let out a sigh like WTF! This OC has to go!

That's exactly the way it is. It seems like any time Whitmer gets into a groove, they run the Wildcat and when it fails Whitmer falls out of the groove.

It just seems like a bad tactic to employ because it doesn't seem to work, and it just disrupts the flow of the base offense.

I think Whitmer could have thrown for 350 yds or more if they stuck with it. The INTs? If you throw a great deal, that will happen. Sometimes it will bite you in the ass, sometimes it's like a punt.

Reaction Score
I thought we used the wildcat effectively last year, but it seems like every single play it's a QB keeper. The only pass I recall is the one out of the end zone against Rutgers. I don't remember him handing it off one time. Last season, many of McComb's best runs came from the wildcat and now he's not getting those big gainers. It's like we're using the whole season to set up some trickery in our last game. Cincinnati better watch out because GDL's going to have a lot of cards up his sleeve for that one. And P will have a season's worth of time outs that he's been saving.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought we used the wildcat effectively last year, but it seems like every single play it's a QB keeper. The only pass I recall is the one out of the end zone against Rutgers. I don't remember him handing it off one time. Last season, many of McComb's best runs came from the wildcat and now he's not getting those big gainers. It's like we're using the whole season to set up some trickery in our last game. Cincinnati better watch out because GDL's going to have a lot of cards up his sleeve for that one. And P will have a season's worth of time outs that he's been saving.

He doesn't have cards, he has wallpaper.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's exactly the way it is. It seems like any time Whitmer gets into a groove, they run the Wildcat and when it fails Whitmer falls out of the groove.

It just seems like a bad tactic to employ because it doesn't seem to work, and it just disrupts the flow of the base offense.

Agreed. The one time all season when the Wildcat worked, McCummings botched the easy TD pass. Can it.

Reaction Score
And P will have a season's worth of time outs that he's been saving.

The media guy in the red shirt is going to be standing out there all day when we're finally using up the 54 timeouts we've saved by that time. It's a damn shame we actually used a couple this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom