MWC agreement with OSU & WSU 2024 | The Boneyard

MWC agreement with OSU & WSU 2024

Reaction Score
Mountain West agrees to schedule 6 games each with Oregon State & Washington State for the 2024 season: 3 home, 3 away. The latter two want to resurrect the PAC-12. The NCAA allows for a 2 team conference for a 2 year period. Beavers & Coogs will keeep PAC-12 logos on the field for the 2024 season.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I read about the scheduling agreement last night. Makes sense in the short term, but they should take expand East as well, make it coast to coast and pick up, I dunno, UConn...and perhaps target Navy for a possible defection. Kinda in jest, but we did have a nice thing going with Utah State and Wyoming a while back.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Mountain West agrees to schedule 6 games each with Oregon State & Washington State for the 2024 season: 3 home, 3 away. The latter two want to resurrect the PAC-12. The NCAA allows for a 2 team conference for a 2 year period. Beavers & Coogs will keeep PAC-12 logos on the field for the 2024 season.
There is a TON of money to be kept with the Pac-12 name (bball credits, buy outs from 10 teams, etc). I know some of it will be challenged but there's a reason they aren't going all in to the MWC. It will be interesting to see who carries the home games at WSU and OSU. Whatever TV carrier has MWC games, I think it's CBSS, will carry MWC home games but not required to carry away games.

Something to keep an eye on because I'm curious how it plays out. I don't see UConn playing a role in any of it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Yes they are paying $12 Million a year for this that is OSU and WSU

Reaction Score
This seems like a one year deal as this situation is untenable for Washington State and Oregon State in the LT. Where do they park all of their other sports? My guess is you will see some sort of merger agreement in the future into the Pac 12. Maybe all of the MWC schools merge into the Pac 12 or only a selective group. I think they didn't have enough time to do a merger for the upcoming season with the ongoing Pac 12 issues.

I really don't see this as an opportunity for UConn to schedule games except for a 1 off. LT, I would expect OSU and WSU to play 8 (or 9) conference games after a merger with the MWC, 1 rivalry game with their instate rival, 1 FCS game, and 1 to 2 other OOC games.

Reaction Score
Oregon State's AD has said they'll play the 6 MWC games, Wazzou and 4 other "P5" games plus a FCS team, which would seem to indicate that UConn doesn't fit into that scheduling mix.

Reaction Score
Oregon State's AD has said they'll play the 6 MWC games, Wazzou and 4 other "P5" games plus a FCS team, which would seem to indicate that UConn doesn't fit into that scheduling mix.
The schedule for next year will be 6 MWC schools, WSU, 1 FCS, maybe Oregon, then 3 other schools. It's very hard to schedule 3 P4 games at the last minute so it's probably not happening this coming year. Due to distance, I don't think many P4 schools will want to travel to WSU and OSU, especially with the new travel schedules for the old Pac 12 schools.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This seems like a one year deal as this situation is untenable for Washington State and Oregon State in the LT. Where do they park all of their other sports? My guess is you will see some sort of merger agreement in the future into the Pac 12. Maybe all of the MWC schools merge into the Pac 12 or only a selective group. I think they didn't have enough time to do a merger for the upcoming season with the ongoing Pac 12 issues.

I really don't see this as an opportunity for UConn to schedule games except for a 1 off. LT, I would expect OSU and WSU to play 8 (or 9) conference games after a merger with the MWC, 1 rivalry game with their instate rival, 1 FCS game, and 1 to 2 other OOC games.
I think it's a two year deal

Reaction Score
I read about the scheduling agreement last night. Makes sense in the short term, but they should take expand East as well, make it coast to coast and pick up, I dunno, UConn...and perhaps target Navy for a possible defection. Kinda in jest, but we did have a nice thing going with Utah State and Wyoming a while back.

If it’s football only we need to work this hard. Add some level of bball to the deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom