Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE

Reaction Score
It would have been timely yesterday. The day before or day of LSU's game may cause insane fluctuations on the betting lines. So, I don't like the Post's "marketing tactics" if it is day before or day of.

Oh yeah, I don't like Mulkey but I'm gonna be pizzed if this turns out to be just an attack on her socio/political beliefs rather than coaching practices.

I'd second that. If it's just a Peyton Place expose maybe it should be in the Rolling Stone or something. While I could have assumed her politics it's not like it's something I'd given any thought to at all. Not like I am a fan of hers, I am not. If a school wants to have her as their coach that's their business. I think a lot of my fellow Cyclone fans hatred of her stems from her beating us like a drum for 15 years.

Reaction Score
It’s possible Mulkeys little press conference successfully killed the story. It was supposed to come out Tuesday and it’s Wednesday with no word. Mulkey- 1, Washington Post - 0

Reaction Score
How do you know it was supposed to come out on Tuesday?
That’s what the original scuttlebutt after Fordes tweet. I’d imagine if it were ready they’d want it out before LSU’s next game and not out out on a Friday so it doesn’t come out Thursday I’d be surprised if it wasn’t successfully buried by that performance.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
It’s possible Mulkeys little press conference successfully killed the story. It was supposed to come out Tuesday and it’s Wednesday with no word. Mulkey- 1, Washington Post - 0
I am sure they are crossing their "T's" and dotting their "I's" one last time. I never read where there was a date for it to be published.

Reaction Score
It would have been timely yesterday. The day before or day of LSU's game may cause insane fluctuations on the betting lines. So, I don't like the Post's "marketing tactics" if it is day before or day of.

Oh yeah, I don't like Mulkey but I'm gonna be pizzed if this turns out to be just an attack on her socio/political beliefs rather than coaching practices.
Major feature would probably run on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Major feature would probably run on Sunday.

That timing make sense. Drop it before Iowa-LSU rematch on Monday. If LSU loses, they can dance on Mulkey's grave--a win-win for WP

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That timing make sense. Drop it before Iowa-LSU rematch on Monday. If LSU loses, they can dance on Mulkey's grave--a win-win for WP

angela-lansbury-jessica-fletcher.gif

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I just realized that according to reports - and Mulkey - this all started before they won it all last year (how long they asked for interviews).

Also, I continue to repeat, this is a well respected writer and author. I doubt his agenda is anything nefarious, unless you consider folks who write articles and want to be recognized for their work as evil somehow.

Reaction Score
I just realized that according to reports - and Mulkey - this all started before they won it all last year (how long they asked for interviews).

Also, I continue to repeat, this is a well respected writer and author. I doubt his agenda is anything nefarious, unless you consider folks who write articles and want to be recognized for their work as evil somehow.

If you watch Pardon the Interruption, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon both spoke highly of him, and said they had full confidence it would be a fair piece and definitely not a hatchet job.

Reaction Score

I am using heightened language for effect. The broader point is that WaPo wants to time the release of article to maximize reach to increase subscription/advertising revenue. Sunday timing makes sense regardless of whether the article ends up being a smear job or a puff piece.

Reaction Score
I am using heightened language for effect. The broader point is that WaPo wants to time the release of article to maximize reach to increase subscription/advertising revenue. Sunday timing makes sense regardless of whether the article ends up being a smear job or a puff piece.
A week from Sunday -- the day of the NC game -- is a good possibility.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If you watch Pardon the Interruption, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon both spoke highly of him, and said they had full confidence it would be a fair piece and definitely not a hatchet job.
Both Washington Post alums; I think they overlapped with Babb, but not sure.

Reaction Score
Good story.

It’s a profile piece, giving the good and the bad.

It doesn’t present any of its info as ground breaking or shocking, but just part of the portrait.

There was more detail in some areas than I was familiar with, so that was interesting/informative. And there were a bunch of themes about her personality, her style, that explains some of her behaviors.

She is very much the kind of person who once you cross a line with her, she cuts you out permanently. I don’t know that that is a good or bad trait (tho prob more the latter), but the article has many such examples. And kinda explains some of the Griner stuff.

The article does what a good article does — provides info good and bad, largely without judgment, but adds up to a fuller picture of Kim. And allows the reader to decide what they think of her behavior and choices.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Good story.

It’s a profile piece, giving the good and the bad.

It doesn’t present any of its info as ground breaking or shocking, but just part of the portrait.

There was more detail in some areas than I was familiar with, so that was interesting/informative. And there were a bunch of themes about her personality, her style, that explains some of her behaviors.

She is very much the kind of person who once you cross a line with her, she cuts you out permanently. I don’t know that that is a good or bad trait (tho prob more the latter), but the article has many such examples. And kinda explains some of the Griner stuff.

The article does what a good article does — provides info good and bad, largely without judgment, but adds up to a fuller picture of Kim. And allows the reader to decide what they think of her behavior and choices.
Thanks for summary, impressions.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have read the story and I do think it is an interesting read. Will Kim think it impunes her character? Yes, of course, because if you aren’t 100% with her then you are against her So this article explains what drives her and basically recaps many previous stories from her past. I am familiar that quite a few former players really credit Kim for giving tough love and still supporting them, like Alexis Morris, Dijonae Carrington and Tea Cooper, with the latter two having played for Tara and Dawn.
This article did not move the needle for me one way or another with her.

Reaction Score
I read the article and don't see it as a hatchet job at all. I don't find if hard to believe that Kim can write people off easily if they slight her. We already knew she had a strained relationship with Griner, if they have any relationship at all. It's reasonable to believe that Brittney's not the only person she's treated that way.

Reaction Score
I read the article and don't see it as a hatchet job at all. I don't find if hard to believe that Kim can write people off easily if they slight her. We already knew she had a strained relationship with Griner, if they have any relationship at all. It's reasonable to believe that Brittney's not the only person she's treated that way.
She hasn't spoken to her father in 38 years, largely a result of his divorcing her mom and marrying a much younger woman. That speaks volumes (to me) about her ability to cut people off.

And the cutting people off now makes it clear why she doesnt like these profiles. For her, these are done and settled matters that she has no interest in revisiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom