Muffet Quotes | The Boneyard

Muffet Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These may have been posted several times over but I'm unaware of that, so here goes.

Q. When you went for the interview at Notre Dame, weren't you embarrassed to be called "Muffet"?
A. No, because the men's coach was "Digger."

When Muffet was an up-and-comer, her husband shouted to her that Sports Illustrated was on the phone for her. Thinking it was her big break, she came running.

MM: Hello.
SI: This is Sports Illustrated. Is this Muffet?
MM: Yes.
SI: Muffet McGraw?
MM: Yes.
SI: Did you know you can get Sports Illustrated for only 99 cents an issue?

Reaction Score
Just FYI - was on Public Radio Saturday 11/23 -"Wait Wait -Don't Tell Me" or "What Do You know"
Muffet was very sharp and funny

These may have been posted several times over but I'm unaware of that, so here goes.

issue?

Reaction Score
she was pretty classy when they won as well as when they lost. great coach.

Reaction Score
I've always had a lot or respect for Muffet McGraw. As most of you probably know, she had a reservation on one of the flights that crashed into the WTC on 9/11/01. Was it a friend or fate that caused her to miss the flight? I guess when you get a second chance in life you tend to go through a priority adjustment. I don't imagine she takes herself too seriously off the court.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've always had a lot or respect for Muffet McGraw. As most of you probably know, she had a reservation on one of the flights that crashed into the WTC on 9/11/01. Was it a friend or fate that caused her to miss the flight? I guess when you get a second chance in life you tend to go through a priority adjustment. I don't imagine she takes herself too seriously off the court.

It was an assistant, Kevin McGuff (now OSU head coach), who persuaded her to fly out of Providence.

Reaction Score
She was recruiting Nicole Wolff when she flew out of Providence instead of Boston. Walpole isn't that far from Providence, just a quick drive down 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom