MSOC NCAA Run | The Boneyard

MSOC NCAA Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnMSOC 1:05pm via Twitter Web Client
WE'RE IN! #UConn will host Boston University at Morrone Stadium on Thursday, Nov. 19.

04.jpg

Reaction Score
Awesome news that they'll get a taste of the tourney! The team is so young that, even if they don't make a run, the experience will be invaluable for next year.

*ignores the fact that Reid will find a way to underachieve in the tourney next year*

Reaction Score
I know it's probably wrong but the interactive bracket has the game being played at "Jessee/Miller Field Hartford, CT".

Saw that and paused... it's Trinity's Field

Reaction Score
Didn't we knock out #1 seeded UCLA 2 years ago in our last appearance? Would have to get by BU and IU first but I don't think this team would be afraid of either.

Two years ago UConn advanced on penalty kicks in back to back road games against UMBC and UCLA. UConn lost to Virginia in the regional finals.

Reaction Score
Two years ago UConn advanced on penalty kicks in back to back road games against UMBC and UCLA. UConn lost to Virginia in the regional finals.

And UConn fans stormed the field at UCLA, a classic Husky sports moment.

Reaction Score
Awesome news that they'll get a taste of the tourney! The team is so young that, even if they don't make a run, the experience will be invaluable for next year.

*ignores the fact that Reid will find a way to underachieve in the tourney next year*

Yep, that pretty much sums it all up.

Reaction Score
WTF? That sucks. I Have to work during the day. Hope the students show up

I was expecting a game time change with the wet forecast for Thursday night. One noted Ray Reid characteristic is that he will go to great lengths to avoid playing on a potentially soggy field. Consequently UConn soccer game times are well known to change according to the weather forecast. I'm sure Reid would have considered playing on Friday night, but if UConn won he would have had to try to convince Indiana to change the tournament game on Sunday to Monday to avoid playing two games in three days. I'm rather sure Indiana was not going to go for that move.

Reaction Score
Kwame is making up for that missed PK....
I wish Indiana was closer

Reaction Score

3 goals, damn good job, especially at home versus a lower ranked opponent which has been a scenario that the Huskies under Reid have had issues with. Indiana started slow, too; but has been hot flagrant has won 7 in a row since losing to Ohio St. including wins over Louisville and Maryland (twice). UConn and Indiana have 2 common foes with Indiana beating Louisville 2-1 at home while UConn lost 2-1 away and the Hoosiers beat USF home 2-0 while UConn lost to the Bull away 1-0 and then beat the Bulls home 2-1 and again in Tampa in the ACC tournament 2-1.

Winner likely has to travel to NC to wake on the overall #1 seed in Wake Forest unless the winner of Charlotte (another of UConn's nemesis) v. Radford upsets them.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Watched the last goal over and over looked like an own goal but a great cross made it happen. Not what you'd call impressive despite the score but nice to get it done in the 2nd half and get a shot at Indiana. 2 good halves and we have a chance and maybe redemption if it goes to PK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom