Most hated UConn players by the rest of the Big East | The Boneyard

Most hated UConn players by the rest of the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other thread got me thinking, who from UConn were the most hated by/brought most annoyance to the rest of the conference/other teams over the years? I'm sure KEA would be mentioned, somehow I could see AJ

Reaction Score
El-Amin and Marcus Williams......Selvie too because the best is always hated by others.

Reaction Score
Khalid & Donny were certainly animated and hyped it up a bit on the court. M. Williams from his off the court issues.
I would think in your face defenders & bangers are more hated, like Lyman DePriest, Thabeet, Adrien, Oriahki.
Fans don't like opponents who are physical against their own players. I don't like it when opponents rough up our guys.

Reaction Score
Khalid is a no brainer, AJ price was always likable, I guess he was mouthy somewhat often. I don't think we've had many lately, other than Shabazz. How could you not hate Shabazz if you were on the other team? He's always talking, hitting dagger 3s, head faking to draw fouls Kemba style, I know we've won two championships in the past 4 years, but I really feel like our failures in the reg season have made our guys less hated. If we were top 10 team all the time, the guys get more press and coverage on espn every other night.

What does anyone else think of our goofballs in the recent years? Lamb and Roscoe were two goobers which I was a fan of, and Phil Nolan and Samuels to a degree have picked up that torch too. It's like the new identity of UConn is a dominant star guard fully focused on winning, a team of under the radar weirdos having fun whenever the ball isn't in play, and very unheralded big men who underachieve but can make the plays when they count

Reaction Score
El-Amin all the way. Not even close.

He might have also been the most liked. There's a lot of fans, and weekend warriors, who are short, fat guys. We don't have many role models in sports that we can identify with, especially at the college level. Khalid was my hero.

Reaction Score
Bazz has to be near the top of this list. I think we're underestimating the "No way that guy still has eligibility left" factor (starting backcourt: Bazz and Joe Mizzoula). That always drives me crazy with guys from other teams that have seemingly been around forever. Even if you don't hate their style of play, you hate that they're still around beating you

Reaction Score
Bazz has to be near the top of this list. I think we're underestimating the "No way that guy still has eligibility left" factor (starting backcourt: Bazz and Joe Mizzoula). That always drives me crazy with guys from other teams that have seemingly been around forever. Even if you don't hate their style of play, you hate that they're still around beating you

Scottie Reynolds was this guy for me. Anytime you have a PG play 4 years if he played big minutes as a freshman, you get this. I want to say that jerk Gerry Mac was the same way

Reaction Score
He might have also been the most liked. There's a lot of fans, and weekend warriors, who are short, fat guys. We don't have many role models in sports that we can identify with, especially at the college level. Khalid was my hero.

Right, but when you see guys who don't look like athletes on other teams, don't you hate them? Especially when they're mouthy guys like Khalid, or they cover people's eyes and stuff like that.

Reaction Score
Right, but when you see guys who don't look like athletes on other teams, don't you hate them? Especially when they're mouthy guys like Khalid, or they cover people's eyes and stuff like that.

Only if they play for Syracuse, or if their only real skill is shooting from long range. This started when I was young and that punk, Red Klotz played for the Washington Generals. But I loved Iverson.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score

FriarJ, that was quite possibly the most eloquent post I have ever seen from you. Not a lot of activity on the Providence board? In truth, there haven't been that many annoying Providence players over the years .... They would have to win more to qualify.

Reaction Score
FriarJ, that was quite possibly the most eloquent post I have ever seen from you. Not a lot of activity on the Providence board? In truth, there haven't been that many annoying Providence players over the years .... They would have to win more to qualify.

Efejuku annoyed me

Reaction Score
I've always been curious how Adrien was viewed by other fans. He's definitely one of my favorite UConn players but I could see all the chest-beating rubbing some fans the wrong way. Oh well, he was still the man.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Screw Quse. Who cares what a bunch of NE hicks think about our players. The better question for internet Quse posters would be "name a single player you liked"- it would be a much shorter list.
Normally I'm first in line for the Cuse hate train, but it seems on topic for the "who on uconn does the rest of the big eat hate" list.

No better source on Uconn hate then that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom