Moriah's season to date. | The Boneyard

Moriah's season to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I posted a lot of this in the Rutger's pre game stats page that David started but after todays game thought it deserved its own thread. Moriah's stats through 19 games are:
Rebounds 56 (2.95), Assists 92 (4.84) Steals 49 (2.57) and points 200 (10.53)

IF she matches these stats and Uconn plays the maximum possible 40 games this year she will end up with:
Rebounds 118, Assists 194, Steals 103 and points 421.
Which is pretty great. If she can find and extra 6 assists in the remaining 21 games raising her average to 5.0 she would become only the second player in Uconn history to top 100,200,100,400 matching Jen's senior season.
Only three players have hit 200 assists in a season - Jen, Sue (record 231) and DT
Only six player seasons have included 100 steals - 3 by Sales, 2 by Williams (Rita), and one by Jen.

She is also turning the ball over 1.63 times/game (31 total) - if she continues at this rate she would end the year at 65 turnovers and a 3-1 Asst/TO ratio. (Sue had 91 for a 2.5 ration when she set the record for assists, Jen had 115 for a 1.9 and DT had 83 for a 2.5)

(And on the defensive stopper question today - Scaife was 7-13 in the first half for 15 points, in the second half Geno put MoJeff on her and she went 3-4 for 7 points and at least 2 of those baskets came when Mo was on the bench. She was shadowing her everywhere and frustrating her. Her harassing play on the defensive end has been really good this year.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd still like to see Moriah improve the outside shooting, but she seems to get to the rim at will. She is imposing her will on games, and it is thrilling to watch.

Reaction Score
Great analysis UcMiami, thanks. Her star is shining bright.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the assist/turnover ratio is the key stat for point guards. If she can be more than 3.0 for the season, she will be in a class by herself, even by UCONN standards. But the thing I like best about Mo is her smile. She is always smiling. She looks like she truly loves the game, like she is having fun. A lot of fun.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In my opinion the assist/turnover ratio is the key stat for point guards. If she can be more than 3.0 for the season, she will be in a class by herself, even by UCONN standards. But the thing I like best about Mo is her smile. She is always smiling. She looks like she truly loves the game, like she is having fun. A lot of fun.
Agree as long as the assists are high as well. Who really cares if you have 175 assists or 200 assists and the team is winning. But if you have a 3.0 on only 100 assists it suggests you aren't making enough passes or you aren't taking enough chances in passing the ball into the post.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
She is a true team leader and the way she plays the game is that of a true point guard. Others can learn from her and how she runs the team while getting her points. She is a model point guard, leading by example and maintain a smile that keeps everybody loose. When her outside shot becomes more consistent she will be unbelievable.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I noted with interest that MoJeff and Scaife were apparently jawing at each other up and done the floor, at least in the 2nd half, per Rebecca.

I'm sure it wasn't quite at the Michael Jordan / NBA trash talk level :) but I was actually glad to see that (little ol') Mo was mixing it up a little.

Shows a lot of confidence, IMO........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom