Moriah | The Boneyard

Moriah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In my humble opinion, I believe that Moriah is the key to making the offense run more efficiently.

1. Penetrate and dish. No team can stop you in man to man D.

2. Take and make the mid-range jumper. Punish the defense over and over.

3. Become that offensive threat that teams have to game plan for.

By doing this, things will open up for the entire team. We need multiple scoring threats so that teams can't overwhelm KML and Stewie.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
:)But it is always good to have a spare, ask Stanford.:)

Reaction Score
It was weird, but with her hair down, I could swear that it telegraphed her moves.
Last season I watched her play one game (that I can remember) with her hair down and felt the same thing. It swings in a way that gives her moves away. Like I say, weird.

Reaction Score
Sure, she was tentative driving into the lane, but Stanford's defense had a lot to do with that. INHO, the problem was that UConn was essentially playing four against five whenever Kiah Stokes was in the high post. She never, ever looked for her shot until the last 1:30, just when it was exactly the "wrong" time to do it. There are only two solutions to that:

1) If she is not guarded in the high post, she needs to shoot the ball or drive to the hoop.

2) If she is not going to do that, then UConn needs to change the offense, like running a flex, where she is back picking for the lead guard (or 50 other offenses that all work when there are only four shooters on the floor).

Reaction Score
Morgan and Kia have to stay in the game. At this point, they're the only depth. I'm surprised Geno didn't use Gabby. She can post up and go over defenders. Maybe he felt she's not ready.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We only want Kiah to shoot from the high post if she can make it. I love Kiah, but I haven't seen a lot to prove she can- guarded or not. I am also not sure she can drive the hoop from out there. Tuck can- not sure about Kiah.

Reaction Score
I thought Moriah last night should have gone into the lane and attack Stanford guards to get them in foul trouble, especially Thompson who had 4 fouls going into OT. Just like our guards could not stay in front of their guards, I doubt any of their guards can stay in front of Moriah either. She should have attacked and forced some fouls. Stanford guards got many calls simply being aggressive going into the paint.

Reaction Score
In my humble opinion, I believe that Moriah is the key to making the offense run more efficiently.

1. Penetrate and dish. No team can stop you in man to man D.

2. Take and make the mid-range jumper. Punish the defense over and over.

3. Become that offensive threat that teams have to game plan for.

By doing this, things will open up for the entire team. We need multiple scoring threats so that teams can't overwhelm KML and Stewie.

Yes, agreed..... I just listened to the post game presser..... and geno talked about the need to "create offense": that speaks to MoJeff's strengths..... I am sure it is something we will see

Reaction Score
Morgan and Kia have to stay in the game. At this point, they're the only depth. I'm surprised Geno didn't use Gabby. She can post up and go over defenders. Maybe he felt she's not ready.

Hi CHRIS: I share your surprise. And it's not like many of the other players were distinguishing themselves, eh?

Reaction Score
We only want Kiah to shoot from the high post if she can make it. I love Kiah, but I haven't seen a lot to prove she can- guarded or not. I am also not sure she can drive the hoop from out there. Tuck can- not sure about Kiah.

Yo, GENO: this is one time when I wish I didn't agree with you. But I do. Hopefully, there will be further development

Reaction Score
I thought Moriah last night should have gone into the lane and attack Stanford guards to get them in foul trouble, especially Thompson who had 4 fouls going into OT. Just like our guards could not stay in front of their guards, I doubt any of their guards can stay in front of Moriah either. She should have attacked and forced some fouls. Stanford guards got many calls simply being aggressive going into the paint.

WEST: agree with this as well, with regard to both Moriah and the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom