Morgan granted fifth year | The Boneyard

Morgan granted fifth year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome news. Let's hope she is healthy. Any update on her condition currently?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is very good news indeed. Morgan, if healthy, has the skills to be an AA and contribute mightily to the Huskies run of success. I hope she has reason to use the 5th year. IMO a healthy Morgan ups the chances of a 2015 repeat/threepeat considerably.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
image-1090604312.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Many Boneyarders have projected Morgan to come of the bench in a "sixth (wo)man" role.

I'm not so sure about that. (I know I know, she's supposed to spell Kiah -- I've heard it often but just can't bring myself to buy it.)

Mainly because of nagging injuries, she has played intermittently. It is easy to forget what a terrific player she can be when fully healthy. Remember, her teammates on the USA team (U17?) elected her to be team captain for her skills and leadership. She can shoot, defend, and rebound. Definitely AA potential.

Nothing would please me more than to see Morgan pile up 1,000+ minutes and cut down the nets at the end of her sophomore (!) season.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Official release from UConn:

University of Connecticut women’s basketball forward Morgan Tuck has been granted a medical hardship waiver for the 2013-14 season as announced by the athletic department on Wednesday. Tuck appeared in a total of eight games during the 2013-14 campaign before being sidelined by injury and underwent two surgical procedures on her right knee. Tuck is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014-15 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining. The Bolingbrook, Ill. native averaged 7.5 points and 2.4 rebounds per game last year and scored a career-high 19 points in her final appearance of the season, a 90-40 win over Houston on January 7.

While some of the players are spending this time at home before returning to Storrs for the start of classes in late August, Morgan is still on campus rehabbing with Gabby Williams.

Reaction Score
A tip of the cap to the poster (think it is someone with Stanford ties and/or a Stanford-related handle on here) who was so steadfast and so accurate in his reassuring posts regarding the expected outcome of this situation. Sorry I can't remember your handle, but I read all of your posts on this matter and appreciated them. Thank you and stay well. Additionally, I think this is powerful news for our team.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Official release from UConn:

University of Connecticut women’s basketball forward Morgan Tuck has been granted a medical hardship waiver for the 2013-14 season as announced by the athletic department on Wednesday. Tuck appeared in a total of eight games during the 2013-14 campaign before being sidelined by injury and underwent two surgical procedures on her right knee. Tuck is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014-15 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining. The Bolingbrook, Ill. native averaged 7.5 points and 2.4 rebounds per game last year and scored a career-high 19 points in her final appearance of the season, a 90-40 win over Houston on January 7.

While some of the players are spending this time at home before returning to Storrs for the start of classes in late August, Morgan is still on campus rehabbing with Gabby Williams.

So very happy for this outcome, and I am looking forward to seeing her in action, hopefully with all those nagging issues behind her. The sentence I highlighted in Cat's post? Doesn't surprise me one bit!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A tip of the cap to the poster (think it is someone with Stanford ties and/or a Stanford-related handle on here) who was so steadfast and so accurate in his reassuring posts regarding the expected outcome of this situation. Sorry I can't remember your handle, but I read all of your posts on this matter and appreciated them. Thank you and stay well. Additionally, I think this is powerful news for our team.
I was just thinking about you, nice to see you!

Reaction Score
Nothing would please me more than to see Morgan pile up 1,000+ minutes and cut down the nets at the end of her sophomore (!) season.

100% agree with you. Who starts in her replace? A freshman? I dont see that happening unless Morgan is, God fore bid, inured again.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this will make everyone just a little more patient and avoid an overaggressive come back schedule too. She knows she has three years to make her mark.

Reaction Score
Many Boneyarders have projected Morgan to come of the bench in a "sixth (wo)man" role.

I'm not so sure about that. (I know I know, she's supposed to spell Kiah -- I've heard it often but just can't bring myself to buy it.)

Mainly because of nagging injuries, she has played intermittently. It is easy to forget what a terrific player she can be when fully healthy. Remember, her teammates on the USA team (U17?) elected her to be team captain for her skills and leadership. She can shoot, defend, and rebound. Definitely AA potential.

It is starting line up discussion time already? Its not even August yet....

Either Sonya or one of the freshman at 2 along with Moriah, Kaleena, Breanna, and Kiah, IMO...

Geno tends to not start freshman unless he really has to, so it may be Sonya's job to lose. Lets hope she makes the Sophomore leap a lot of UConn players make.

I don't see Geno starting Kalenna at 2, so Morgan can start in the front court, given the lack of front court depth the team has. Although it is a lineup i'm sure we will see form time to time.

Really interested to see how quick the freshman integrate into "the system." Hopefully they all pick it up quickly so they can contribute alot this year.

Last edited:

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Morgan's per-40 stats for the last 2 years, with ranking within the team:
Code:
   13-14/rank 12-13/rank
FGM   8.28/2  6.43/4
FGA   16.90/2 14.15/3
FG%   49.0/5  45.4/5
3FGM  2.41/4  0.94/7
3FGA  5.86/4  3.25/8
3FG%  41.2/4  28.9/8
FTM   1.72/7  2.45/5
FT%   55.6/9  66.7/8
OR    3.79/2  2.96/4
DR    2.76/10 5.70/4
TR    6.55/5  8.66/4
PF    3.10/9  2.67/7
AST   2.76/8  3.39/8
TO    3.79/11 3.10/8
Blk   0.34/6  0.65/7
ST    1.38/6  1.37/9
Pts   20.69/2 16.25/5

Min/Game 14.5 15.8
Let the starting lineup discussions resume.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Either Sonya or one of the freshman at 2 along with Moriah, Kaleena, Breanna, and Kiah, IMO...

Geno tends to not start freshman unless he really has to, so it may be Sonya's job to lose. Lets hope she makes the Sophomore leap a lot of UConn players make.

I don't see Geno starting Kalenna at 2, so Morgan can start in the front court, given the lack of front court depth the team has. Although it is a lineup i'm sure we will see form time to time.

Really interested to see how quick the freshman integrate into "the system." Hopefully they all pick it up quickly so they can contribute alot this year.

Are you kidding? Last year this forum was rife with who will be starting debates all summer....or was it the year before....?

Reaction Score
She only played in 8 games last year at only 14.5 minutes a game... or to put it another way, she only played 1/10th of minutes the starters did that played in all 40 game. No way to tell how those per 40 stats hold up when you add 15 more minutes a game... and 30+ more games. Not sure how much consideration you can give those stats...

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Last year this forum was rife with who will be starting debates all summer....or was it the year before....?

Most? Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across well in text...

Reaction Score

Honestly I just can't see Saniya Chong starting any games this year. I think Nurse will win the starting because of her size, ball handling, and basketball IQ. She has played against the best in the world so she knows what she will be up against and I don't think she will be intimidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom