More proof that Gary Parrish is a jackass | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More proof that Gary Parrish is a jackass

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He also came out and called calhoun a gangster among other things around 2009-2010. Nothing really about cuse. And nothing that I've seen about unc

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is his picture the jersey shore reject one?

The king of GP photos:

garyparrish_image_bball.jpg

Reaction Score
Keep doing what you are doing tcf15!!!!!!!! As far a Gary Parrish, there is nothing he did that was right. To make it so personal crosses the line in a million different ways.

So unprofessional!

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="businesslawyer, post: BUT NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE LIKE MANY OF YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE JOURNALISTS REPORTING ON RECRUITING DECISIONS BEFORE THEY ARE MADE AND DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOU COULD BE PART OF THE PROCESS BY ACTUALLY INTERACTING WITH THESE YOUNG MEN THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA. The lack of self-awareness of Americns today is astounding. THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW.[/QUOTE]

The social media can be a problem in many ways. Especially when people cross the line, which happens often (responses to images of Curt Schillings' daughter comes to mind). Unfortunately, everything is out there for everyone to see. There isn't much privacy anymore. Everyone's life is on the internet. It's sad sometimes.

I totally agree that GP's job is to give us the inside scoop. I also feel the kid should be allowed to have his moment. GP - you can be the first to break the story once he's made it official.

To call the kid dishonest is very unprofessional.

Reaction Score
He and Goodman are good buddies. That's all anyone needs to know about Gary Parish before they judge his character.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
He and Goodman are good buddies. That's all anyone needs to know about Gary Parish before they judge his character.
Last I heard (cbs podcast) Parrish and most of the cbs staff couldn't stand Goodman and were happy to see him off to Espn... They said something like "he's their problem now".... I don't think they're friends, not the way Parrish was talking about him with Rothstein (sp?)

Reaction Score
Look no further than what a tool Parrish is when he was giving high fives when Chamlers made the game tying shot in the championship game and he is a Memphis alum. He is very well connected with sources but a complete jackass

Reaction Score
I never thought I'd sink so low in my moral and ethic behavior that I'd be taken to task by a "business lawyer".

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this is not about Parrish being a jerk or Newman being honest -- this is about YOU and what you think your right to know something is and your insatiable need to know where a young man is going to go to college before they feel like announcing it. Newman probably was dishonest -- he probably had told people he was going to Starkville, but didn't want it publicly announced before he got to announce it so he did in fact challenge Parish's journalistic integrity or skills. Parish, well phrasing this horrrifically and creating a conflict that didn't exist, was tring to defend his reporting which very well may have been right from a young man who did, at least indirectly, attack his journalism.

BUT NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE LIKE MANY OF YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE JOURNALISTS REPORTING ON RECRUITING DECISIONS BEFORE THEY ARE MADE AND DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOU COULD BE PART OF THE PROCESS BY ACTUALLY INTERACTING WITH THESE YOUNG MEN THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA. The lack of self-awareness of Americns today is astounding. THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW.

Are you siding with Parish here? All he had to do was tweet, "As we reported Wednesday, MN will be attending MSU this fall" and its over. When he attacked a 17 year old kids character he showed an astounding lack of awareness. As far as I know, the Newmans never said GP was liar, they said the decision had not been made yet. Whether it had been made or not, they did not want to announce yet and have every right to not announce. GP didn't just want credit for the scoop, he wanted people to know that he had it and wanted to paint this kid in the worst light possible-with the kid having done very little-if anything-wrong. Instead of being the adult and letting it go, he decided to make it a much bigger issue. What do you think would have a larger impact on the career of GP-breaking the MN story 2 days before the announcement, or calling a recruit dishonest on the best day of the kids life so far and then continuing to fuel the story?

Now, as far as indicting all of america, uh, seriously? This is the place you came to make your appeal? First off, i dont know anyone on here who interacts with kids on twitter and i certainly don't know any who think that is a right. Regardless of that, I dont think anyone here disagrees with you that recruiting has gotten to an absurd place; what people here are saying is that even in that climate, there is no reason for GP to make these comments.

Reaction Score
Brandon Ingram just committed to Duke. Evan Daniels (of Scout) published this article with a few quotes form Ingram shortly after her announced about why he chose Duke. Clearly, Daniels and the ScoutHoops staff knew ahead of time that Ingram was going to Duke, but they let the kid announce on his own terms.

Reaction Score
Are you siding with Parish here? All he had to do was tweet, "As we reported Wednesday, MN will be attending MSU this fall" and its over. When he attacked a 17 year old kids character he showed an astounding lack of awareness. As far as I know, the Newmans never said GP was liar, they said the decision had not been made yet. Whether it had been made or not, they did not want to announce yet and have every right to not announce. GP didn't just want credit for the scoop, he wanted people to know that he had it and wanted to paint this kid in the worst light possible-with the kid having done very little-if anything-wrong. Instead of being the adult and letting it go, he decided to make it a much bigger issue. What do you think would have a larger impact on the career of GP-breaking the MN story 2 days before the announcement, or calling a recruit dishonest on the best day of the kids life so far and then continuing to fuel the story?

Now, as far as indicting all of america, uh, seriously? This is the place you came to make your appeal? First off, i dont know anyone on here who interacts with kids on twitter and i certainly don't know any who think that is a right. Regardless of that, I dont think anyone here disagrees with you that recruiting has gotten to an absurd place; what people here are saying is that even in that climate, there is no reason for GP to make these comments.

I am not siding withg Parrish, but I am to some extent defending him. Let's say he had the initial story right. When Newman said he hadn't decided, there are only two possibilities as they relate to Parrish: he was in error or he lied. Parrish, having felt the professional need to report the story in the first place because we want to read this stuff, felt the need to defend himself and his ability. Not the first reporter to do this when he feels himself attacked.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this is not about Parrish being a jerk or Newman being honest -- this is about YOU and what you think your right to know something is and your insatiable need to know where a young man is going to go to college before they feel like announcing it. Newman probably was dishonest -- he probably had told people he was going to Starkville, but didn't want it publicly announced before he got to announce it so he did in fact challenge Parish's journalistic integrity or skills. Parish, well phrasing this horrrifically and creating a conflict that didn't exist, was tring to defend his reporting which very well may have been right from a young man who did, at least indirectly, attack his journalism.

BUT NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE LIKE MANY OF YOU DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE JOURNALISTS REPORTING ON RECRUITING DECISIONS BEFORE THEY ARE MADE AND DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOU COULD BE PART OF THE PROCESS BY ACTUALLY INTERACTING WITH THESE YOUNG MEN THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA. The lack of self-awareness of Americns today is astounding. THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW.
Now this sounds like a conspiracy theory to me!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA