More Moronic Coaches - Manchester HS | The Boneyard

More Moronic Coaches - Manchester HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
When someone is misbehaving the first step is private remonstrance and the next step is public remonstrance and shaming. I guess he's gone to the next step. It is true that when a whole team is misbehaving, you should expect the coach is at fault. But it's not a certainty.

Reaction Score
When someone is misbehaving the first step is private remonstrance and the next step is public remonstrance and shaming. I guess he's gone to the next step. It is true that when a whole team is misbehaving, you should expect the coach is at fault. But it's not a certainty.

It's a certainty.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...n-manchester-fb-1021-20121020,0,2762400.story

"We've done what we've done all year and we're a very undisciplined football team and that hasn't changed since day one of the season," said Manchester coach Marco Pizzoferrato.

Hey coach - I believe that falls on you and your coaching staff...

You left out a part...

"I have not been surprised with the amount of penalties we've brought upon ourselves. In the first half, Manchester drove into Newington territory four times, but could not score. In the fourth quarter Little busted an 82-yard run for a score, but a chop block penalty brought it back."

Moronic?

Reaction Score
Manchester is my alma mater. Do I need to wear two paper bags over my head now?

Hey Nan... Isn't this the coach that had the problem w/ DJ when he was @ Southington?

Reaction Score
Hey Nan... Isn't this the coach that had the problem w/ DJ when he was @ Southington?

It's a recurring theme with this coach - he said the same thing when Manchester lost to Glastonbury earlier this year in the battle of the unbeatens. I saw that game - he punted down 14 with 6 minutes left on 4th and 8 around midfield.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yep. He accused DJ of using a lost Manchester wrist band to cheat. Unfortunately, Pizzoferrato was right.

Reaction Score
What continually has surprised me annually about the Manchester program is that, at the beginning of the season, the N.H. Register poll ranks them very highly. That demonstrates that the voting writers recognise that Manchester has talent. Then they self destruct on the field against the Southingtons, Glastonburys, etc. due to their own lack of self discipline.

Reaction Score
I've played under coach pits for 3 yrs and he has always stressed discipline. He is a great defensive mind who allows his players to play fast and physical but under control. Manchester has always had a problem with discipline way before pits got there. One example that stands out to me Tyrone Kelly had a great soph season but jr yr he was suspended 6 games for fighting and missing classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom