More ACC issues...now Virginia | The Boneyard

More ACC issues...now Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Why are schools allowed any discretion at all. If a student comes to you with a rape allegation, you point them to the police. If you don't, you are fired.

Reaction Score
Why are schools allowed any discretion at all. If a student comes to you with a rape allegation, you point them to the police. If you don't, you are fired.

That is the basic rule in the CT State System. From that point, you are cut out of the loop to make sure student privacy is protected as much as possible. I have dealt with more of these cases than I care to admit in my career. Happy to say I have never seen an administration attempt to cover one up, but I know stories at other institutions that would make your blood boil.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
That article and the way it describes the rape is bone chilling.

Reaction Score
Didn't UVA several years back busted major drug dealing operation run by several frats? No real surprise. Too many student whose parent bought their love with money and forgot about teaching the basics - like respect and responsibility. UVA and several other schools have always had that vibe. I imagine UConn maybe going that way as it become more of an elite public university versus when I was there and it had a very 'blue collar' vibe.

If any of those boys were my son, I would make it anatomically impossible for him do that again, just before he went to jail.

Reaction Score
Almost threw up my lunch. Anger doesn't even come close to what my reaction would be.

Reaction Score
That article and the way it describes the rape is bone chilling.
the description of the Kavanaughed was chilling but the dean's response to the rapes was just as chilling. She's a master of deception.

Reaction Score

Yea people wonder why school administrators aren't awesome at adjudicating rape cases. Maybe because they're school administrators and not LEO's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yea people wonder why school administrators aren't awesome at adjudicating rape cases. Maybe because they're school administrators and not LEO's.
So don't offer that up as an option. Let law enforcement take care of it.

I have to say I read the article earlier tonight and I just got off the board for a while. That was just horrible. As the father of daughter, it really is terrifying.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The article was horrifying and if someone close to me was the victim, none of the (I can't even call them animals as that would be too much of an insult to animals) culprits would be breathing today. I also would have spent a good amount of time devising a plan to firebomb the frat house.

That said, where *&k is Gloria Allred on this? Where was she when the allegations against Jameis Winston were front page news a year ago?

Reaction Score
When it comes to scumminess, the ACC has quickly surpassed any other conference.

May they all rot.

Reaction Score
NBC news coverage of the story tonight. Shame ACC. FSU culture permeates the conference

Reaction Score
I've always had a strong dislike for the ACC. I now have zero respect for the conference. It's two crown jewels are absolute jokes. I have never heard of anything remotely close to this happening at UCONN. Just a disgrace. I'll take ANY conference over that mess any day, including our very own American.

Reaction Score
I've always had a strong dislike for the ACC. I now have zero respect for the conference. It's two crown jewels are absolute jokes. I have never heard of anything remotely close to this happening at UCONN. Just a disgrace. I'll take ANY conference over that mess any day, including our very own American.

I was with you until that last sentence.

Reaction Score

Several administrators at UConn were informed about the child raping Music professor, and nothing was done.

The administrator that was thought of as a "friend" of these girls had her hands tied behind her back in terms of reporting to the police because her office is their to assist victims who may or may not want to go to the police. Nowhere in this country are victims of sexual assault forced to report to police. Child rape is different because the kids are underaged.

This is why the woman was standoffish.

That being said, when you have multiple reports of a gang-rape, alarm bells should be ringing. This should have gone to the president ASAP who should have opened an investigation. Virginia screwed this up royally. It defies belief that they could continue to do their jobs after hearing that. One wonders what other employment one can find in Charlottesville.

Reaction Score
Not only is it the school. The behavior of the other students in and around the situation indicates they know this goes on and that it is somehow acceptable. That is extremely troubling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really think they need to let female students arm themselves. If a few of these frat boys start getting shot, we might see this change. It's not just the ACC or UVA, this is a general problem in colleges. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
I really think they need to let female students arm themselves. If a few of these frat boys start getting shot, we might see this change. It's not just the ACC or UVA, this is a general problem in colleges. Disgusting.

Can't tell if you're serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro