MoJett's Pass | The Boneyard

MoJett's Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That behind the back pass to Breanna was unworldly.
There's nothing that girl can do [except dunk, maybe].
Anybody got a replay of it?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I thought perfect time for a dunk too as it was happening. Though it underscores why it could be a big risk for her to attempt a dunk when you can't be sure if a flagrant foul is on the way.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
"I was trying to get a steal and saw Stewie there, I just just threw it behind my back," Jefferson said. "I wished she would dunk it but she was being a baby and got fouled.":p

Where is this quote from? I'd like to read or is this parody?

Reaction Score
I thought MoJett played a near perfect game last night. Defense, steals, rebounds, drives, 3-pointers, everything.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The play occurred around the 16:40 mark of 2nd half. The ESPN game replay has it in game action at around the 1:10:20 mark and then again in replay closeup at around 1:10:40. Forgot that it came about a half minute after KML had gotten a steal and feed from almost the same spot where MoJeff followed up.

Not sure why the play is so special though. Doesn't it happen a couple times a game that MoJeff flips a behind the back pass to Stewie as she's falling out of bounds after a steal? Getting kind of stale at this point.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The play occurred around the 16:40 mark of 2nd half. The ESPN game replay has it in game action at around the 1:10:20 mark and then again in replay closeup at around 1:10:40. Forgot that it came about a half minute after KML had gotten a steal and feed from almost the same spot where MoJeff followed up.

Not sure why the play is so special though. Doesn't it happen a couple times a game that MoJeff flips a behind the back pass to Stewie as she's falling out of bounds after a steal? Getting kind of stale at this point.

:D

Reaction Score
That play was eerily similar to one I witnessed by Caron Butler at Providence. The only real difference was that Caron was a bit stronger so his blind pass flew all the way to a streaking Tony Robertson right in front of the hoop for an easy lay in. In terms of court and teammate awareness, both were equally amazing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That play was eerily similar to one I witnessed by Caron Butler at Providence. The only real difference was that Caron was a bit stronger so his blind pass flew all the way to a streaking Tony Robertson right in front of the hoop for an easy lay in. In terms of court and teammate awareness, both were equally amazing.

You beat me to it. Teaches me to step away for dinner. Caron's play was otherworldly. The two plays were very similar, but I think Caron may have been even more stretched out. One way or the other, my muscles watch great athletes do these things and say, "Schmuck, get off the Boneyard and workout."

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Was at the game... A BIG gasp from the crowd at Mo kicked the ball back to Stewie... It also crossed my mind that it was a perfect opportunity for Stewie to dunk... Both players got a huge hand from the crowd after the play... And the coaches were almost high-fiving after looking at the replay which was being shown from various angles...

Reaction Score
You will never see a UCONN player dunk! Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Stewie, can all dunk but Geno is all about TEAM not the INDIVIDUAL and dunking is the ultimate, "look at me I'm great" play! They've all had opportunities but laid it up instead!

Reaction Score
They just dont want to have to go back to the bench and face the wrath of Geno IF they miss it, and, let's face it, even NBA players miss...Sh..tuff happens

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You will never see a UCONN player dunk! Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Stewie, can all dunk but Geno is all about TEAM not the INDIVIDUAL and dunking is the ultimate, "look at me I'm great" play! They've all had opportunities but laid it up instead!
Geno has actually said he doesn't care - just don't miss!

Reaction Score
I agree and lord knows they have enough trouble with lay ups as it is, but Geno said on the Geno Show that he believes Stewie will dunk during her UConn career. We've seen her in slam dunk contests when she was in high school and she has done it in practice, and it looks pretty effortless. If she is afraid of getting hurt, then obviously I'd rather she not do it. If she does do it, I'd like to see it in a big game against ND or Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom