Moderators and Nan's thread | The Boneyard

Moderators and Nan's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
First off, a yearly shout out to the fantastic job our moderators do for this forum and all us fanatics. This is the best sports forum I have ever seen and it stays that way through the hard work and dedication of a very few people. (Churchill comes to mind ' Never have so many ....')

And secondly - I realize that the moderators are extremely well compensated since they get to split 80% of the truly usurious annual dues we all pay, and get an additional percentage of revenue from each and every posting and every view each post receives, BUT even with the money rolling in, their labor really is one of love.
Nan's thread was a great chance for us all to reflect on the good, the bad, and our own roles in each, and the nature of the forum itself. But lost in our self centered/self reflective responses was an important part of the original post:
The effect of our actions (posts) on both the commitment and joy that our moderators derive from their labor. A happy moderator is a good moderator, and we should all try to keep our great moderators happy!

A basketball analogy - we love good refs and hate bad ones, but we tend to look only at their actions to judge the quality of their work. But they do not work in a vacuum and their work suffers when they work games where the teams do not respect the rules or try to 'game' them. So ...
Lets all try to post like Uconn plays - straight up - and not get a reputation for being posters from Flopper U, or Mugger College, or Drama Queen Institute! :)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Imho, we should all keep in mind that our posts are likely to be read by current and past players, by recruits and potential recruits, and by the friends and family of all of the above. I think that a lot of these DO read the Boneyard, and that they are quite likely to take what they read here as representing the opinions of UConn fandom in general, which, of course, it does not always do. I do not think that we, as fans, ought to criticize the play (at least more than mildly) of these kids, (e,g. it would be perfectly ok to say that Bria's shooting, and especially her FT shooting in the NC game were not up to her usual standard, but not to in any way insinuate that she "choked". Anyone who has watched Bria for four years should know that she does not choke.) and have absolutely no business commenting on their mental or emotional states, their motivations or their commitment to the program. I think that those posters who post negative comments about the players OR the coaching staff are simply tooting their own tin whistles to inflate their own self-importance. As I said, imho.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I agree; you guys have the best moderated board I've seen. I'm not surprised this is where most UCONN fans congregate online.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree; you guys have the best moderated board I've seen. I'm not surprised this is where most UCONN fans congregate online.
Except the ones that have been banned.

They all congregate on another board complaining about the mods we like so much...lol.

If you read Superman, you know about the phantom zone. That is what that other board is.

Reaction Score
Great job Nan and Biff and all other involved on this great board.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks for helping nurture the culture that makes this such a nice place to visit. It expands my appreciation for the game, helps me see other points of view and gives me a great way to goof off when I am supposed to be working.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Except the ones that have been banned.

They all congregate on another board complaining about the mods we like so much...lol.

If you read Superman, you know about the phantom zone. That is what that other board is.
It's not easy being a moderator (or a referee). I was a moderator on a non-sports site for a period of time, but I have enough stress at work and didn't need additional stress in my free time.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
It's not easy being a moderator...
Your job isn't easy...
-Their job isn't easy???
-Sure, they seem like nice people, but what do we really know about them?
Boat 2.JPG

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
The keys to a great board moderator are neutrality and fairness.

These moderators feed us information when it is from a dependable source,and even in their comments,pretty much let the posters and post comments have free reign in their opinions and thoughts.
If you behave and use sound judgement in your comments and posts,the moderators move aside and do not try to completely control a topic.
If you don't behave,then you are putting yourself into a bad way,for there has to be some control here.

I do not think you could find a better board to express yourself,for this board is well run,well maintained, and chock full of valid information.

Reaction Score
Boy is this picture inaccurate. Fishy hates to ride on the Bow.
Biff: You KNOW that the camera does all sorts of weird stuff. Just look at all the discussion of player heights. I'm SURE that fishy was nowhere near the bow of that boat but the camera just made it look that way.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a bump up for a few more days on the front page. They deserve it!:)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Nan's post in the endless DeShield's thread made me realize how much work is made for the mods when peeps go off the deep end with nonsense and potentially harmful speculation. So grateful to all three of them, and hope that everyone will try to make their lives at least a wee bit better next year!

Reaction Score
I love that the moderators attitudes and the attitudes of Geno and his staff are in deep deep accord ... there is openness and caring ... and flexibility (within respectful reason) for all boneyarders to be themselves ... the core values are what makes the boneyard, in my opinion, a fun and beautiful place to reside ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom