Mississippi State Key Wins, Losses & Stats | The Boneyard

Mississippi State Key Wins, Losses & Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big wins include USF by 10 and Michigan State, SMU and Tennessee all by 2....
Big losses include Kentucky by 23, and Texas and Texas A&M each by 6....

Complete stats in PDF:
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/16800/stats/wbk/201516/wbk_stats_201516.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=16800

.....Guard play seems to be their strength on a roster that includes only one senior.....with an 11:30 am start I think that they might want to leave the bus back to the airport running..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It really starts and ends with Vivians who is a very good player, though I was surprised to see that she only shoots .387/.312. And they play SEC defense meaning they are very stingy against less than creative offenses. The team as a whole shoots .400/.306

To put those shooting percentages in perspective Uconn on the year is shooting .525/.372 and they have only one player shooting less than .418 - Briana Pulido at .176 on 17 shots year to date. On threes they have one player who has taken more than ten 3s that shoots less than .356 - Tuck at .286 who is the fifth option on three point shots.
And Uconn also plays stingy defense :)

MissSt has an A/TO of 0.92 v. 1.82 for Uconn

Reaction Score
For the #2's who fell in battle to lesser foes:
upload_2016-3-22_11-56-22.png

So sad.

Reaction Score
.....Guard play seems to be their strength on a roster that includes only one senior.....with an 11:30 am start I think that they might want to leave the bus back to the airport running.....[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see this game. I enjoy playing SEC teams because of the difference in playing styles. They have some big post players but don't use them effectively. Dillingham takes charges like a pro. Vivians does most of the shooting and will throw it up from anywhere and sometimes it goes in ( I think we should put Gabby on her). Morgan William is pretty small but she can be crafty in the middle of the lane if you let her get there (I think she is still pretty hobbled with a leg injury though). I don't think they have much of a shot vs UConn because like UCMiami said they really truly play SEC basketball. I watched all their games vs SCar and Tennessee and I don't think they will be able to withstand the pace of the Huskies nor will they be able to score enough. With all that being said I do like what Vic is doing there. I believe they had a sold out home game there this year for either the first time ever or in a gazillion years. Kudos to them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Nuyoika. I cannot wait for this game. Not so much because of the different style, but because of all the "close" games they played with their SEC counterparts. I'd love for UCONN to clobber them by 30+ to show what a huge gap there is between UCONN and the SEC, and to show that conference what real offense looks like...

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm with Nuyoika. I cannot wait for this game. Not so much because of the different style, but because of all the "close" games they played with their SEC counterparts. I'd love for UCONN to clobber them by 30+ to show what a huge gap there is between UCONN and the SEC, and to show that conference what real offense looks like...
I'm confident you'll get your wish!

"There might not be a more dominating force in all of sports right now than Connecticut women's basketball."

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/web...ulldogs-to-face-juggernaut-connecticut-in-th/

Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see this game. I enjoy playing SEC teams because of the difference in playing styles. They have some big post players but don't use them effectively. Dillingham takes charges like a pro. Vivians does most of the shooting and will throw it up from anywhere and sometimes it goes in ( I think we should put Gabby on her). Morgan William is pretty small but she can be crafty in the middle of the lane if you let her get there (I think she is still pretty hobbled with a leg injury though). I don't think they have much of a shot vs UConn because like UCMiami said they really truly play SEC basketball. I watched all their games vs SCar and Tennessee and I don't think they will be able to withstand the pace of the Huskies nor will they be able to score enough. With all that being said I do like what Vic is doing there. I believe they had a sold out home game there this year for either the first time ever or in a gazillion years. Kudos to them.

I agree with your analysis.......I've seen William play a bunch this year....when healthy she is fearless and talented but tiny....she's listed at 5'5" but I would say she is closer to 5'3".....this is one time where Ms. Jefferson should "tower" over her opponent.....Dillingham is an excellent defensive player and Vivians is the ultimate volume shooter with unlimited range......if she is on, she can keep State in the game for a while anyway...if not it is going to be a long, long day for Miss St.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That would have been an entertaining article were it not for the liberal sprinkling of Lady Huskies references; one more and my head would have exploded!

Reaction Score
I wonder if the Jackson Free Press refers to their female beat writers as The Lady Reporters?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
They have corrected the column to remove Lady Huskies.

Reaction Score
Good for them for correcting the incorrect terminology when it was pointed out. Good journalism.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They have corrected the column to remove Lady Huskies.

Good for them for correcting the incorrect terminology when it was pointed out. Good journalism.

The writer Bryan Flynn made another minor mistake in his column. He wrote: "The Huskies are seeking their fourth straight national championship, which is something that has never been done in Division I basketball by either men or women". That is incorrect. The UCLA men's D-1 basketball team won 7 NC's in succession from 1967-1973.

Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - UCLA has won a record 11 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championships. UCLA teams coached by John Wooden won 10 national titles in 12 seasons, from 1964 to 1975, including seven straight from 1967 to 1973. UCLA went undefeated a record four times, in 1964, 1967, 1972, and 1973. Coach Jim Harrick led the team to another NCAA title in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom