Miss. State Pre-game Presser Today | The Boneyard

Miss. State Pre-game Presser Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Really like the MSU coach, here.
Players seem ready to go and no "UConn is beatable" talk.
I had to stop this video at one point because I wasn't sure I heard the intro correctly. The guy introducing
my new favorite name ever: Brock Turnipseed!

Thanks for posting the video.

Reaction Score
Help. All I'm getting is an exclamation point within a circle. No video.

Reaction Score
MissSt coach: It's the runs they [UConn] goes on that intimidates you.

Reaction Score
...My new favorite name ever: Brock Turnipseed!

LOL Turnipseed was the last name of the oncoming driver who turned left in front of James Dean's Porsche the day he died in the accident. No relation, I'm sure.

Reaction Score
When he said the SEC is a pretty tough defensive league, I thought well yeah it's easy to be a tough defensive league when everyone's a poor shooter. Ever watch a bunch of elementary school kids play basketball? The reason they don't score much isn't because of great defense, it's simply because they just suck at putting the ball in the hoop.

Reaction Score
Startling how the Miss. St. coach didn't understand that UConn's defense is the key to its success. He sounded as if he needed to convince us that, great as the offense is, the defense is really, really good. Then he went on to explain how the Huskies go on sudden runs primarily off transition. That IS defense (turning into offense). As he also said, tomorrow the MSU players will get a dose of reality.

As to memorable names, how's "Honeysuckle Weeks"? She is a British actress who may be most familiar to Americans as the driver in "Folger's War."

Reaction Score
Startling how the Miss. St. coach didn't understand that UConn's defense is the key to its success. He sounded as if he needed to convince us that, great as the offense is, the defense is really, really good. Then he went on to explain how the Huskies go on sudden runs primarily off transition. That IS defense (turning into offense). As he also said, tomorrow the MSU players will get a dose of reality.

As to memorable names, how's "Honeysuckle Weeks"? She is a British actress who may be most familiar to Americans as the driver in "Folger's War."
Why does everyone, Schaefer said it in his press conference, say that the Huskies defense is underrated? Since when? Before every game the announcers always make mention of it in almost boilerplate fashion: "I think the Huskies don't get enough credit for their defense!" You're just as likely to hear that during a UConn game as you are to hear Doris talk about a player comporting themselves. Who doesn't know about the Huskies defense? Geno himself always says how important it is and that's what wins games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom