Misc. Horde tweets following today's practice | The Boneyard

Misc. Horde tweets following today's practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 1h
Heading into NYC today, #UConn will take in ``Motown: The Musical'' tonight on Broadway. Huskies play Cal at MSG Sunday. #bleedblue

[URL='https://twitter.com/elliottctpost']Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 17m
Geno on Fr. G Saniya Chong: ``There’s guys I worry about sometimes, but I don’t worry about Saniya Chong. I don’t worry about her.’’ #UConn

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 59m
@genoauriemma said @_BonnBonn Moriah Jefferson has a chance to develop into top-flight @usabasketball point guard for 2018 and 2020

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 1h
#UConn's Geno Auriemma thrilled that incoming freshman Gabby Williams back on court http://Post original url/1fsfSSd
[/URL]

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Could you imagine a backcourt of Jefferson and Simms for future USA Basketball???:eek::eek:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not sure enough size for both to start at same time for the international game. Need size for 2 guards in the international game, its so physical.

Could you imagine a backcourt of Jefferson and Simms for future USA Basketball???:eek::eek:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
More from John A. in his blog:

Chelsea Gray and Alexis Jones at Duke and Odyssey Sims at Baylor are among the top college point guards. Danielle Robinson (San Antonio), Ivory Latta (Washington) and Lindsay Harding (Los Angeles) headline the WNBA’s lineup.

But no one has emerged yet at the likely successor for the 2018 World Championship and beyond. Maybe there’s one at UConn?
“From our standpoint on the national team, that is a very big question mark down the road,” Auriemma said. “Who is going to take the mantel, like Sue Bird and Lindsay and D [Diana Taurasi] did when Dawn Staley moved on? Who is in that next group? The challenge is find them.

But this little kid [UConn sophomore Moriah Jefferson] has a chance. Who can say right now? She is so young. But she has a chance because she is different than all the rest of the guards, automatically different, simply because no one is faster than her with the ball. And there isn’t a play she can’t make.

“It all depends, as it always does, on how much she develops mentally.”

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno is feeling comfortable right now with where the team is at so far this year........Not a bad comment about anybody. Not even freshman Chong. Must have been happy with practice and effort of all players.

Now lets go kick some Cal butt.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not sure enough size for both to start at same time for the international game. Need size for 2 guards in the international game, its so physical.

True, if they can keep the ball. Thats some quick hands.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 1h
Heading into NYC today, #UConn will take in ``Motown: The Musical'' tonight on Broadway. Huskies play Cal at MSG Sunday. #bleedblue

A few years ago, when tickets for "The Producers" were obtainable by mere mortals only by donation of both one arm and one leg to a scalper, the entire UConn wcbb team all showed up in choice seats to enjoy the show.

Muffet, Holly, Dawn et al can't do things like this.

It reminds us (and them) that Geno has a deep bag of recruiting tricks.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A few years ago, when tickets for "The Producers" were obtainable by mere mortals only by donation of both one arm and one leg to a scalper, the entire UConn wcbb team all showed up in choice seats to enjoy the show.
Unfortunately, "Motown" has gotten pretty sketchy reviews but I'm sure the kids will be Dancing In The Streets. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Life as a Husky requires a huge commitment, but it has commensurate rewards.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, "Motown" has gotten pretty sketchy reviews but I'm sure the kids will be Dancing In The Streets. :)

It would not have been my choice either... "Chicago, the Musical" or "Jersey Boys" are proven top drawer hits which would have been my selections...

Reaction Score
Those to plays are old.......I have no seen Motown, but some friends liked it recently.......WE are passing on the Theater District this weekend......Great weekend in NYC.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom