Miniplan, single game on sale dates | The Boneyard

Miniplan, single game on sale dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever bought a singe-game ticket from Rentschler box office on game day? Wondering if it's cheaper to buy tickets there than single-game tickets online with all the fees they charge. Also I still have my UConn student ID even though I graduated last year. Can I get away with that?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I really don't know what the answer to the pricing problem could be.

The issue is you'd have to be utterly insane to purchase a single game ticket for $35 from UConn.

I know the AD needs the revenue and I think the added perks for season tickets are a good idea, however nobody is paying $35, especially considering you know dam well into the season a day before the game UConn will slash prices (or alternatively just going to $5 bucks from a scalper too).

Reaction Score
So as season ticketholders, we get premium parking with extended tailgating time. Does this mean that miniplan & singlegamers are relegated to the Aircraft Club,OR do they have to park in RED lot & if they don't leave immediately after the game, their vehicles are either impounded or bulldozed into the ground?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really don't know what the answer to the pricing problem could be.

The issue is you'd have to be utterly insane to purchase a single game ticket for $35 from UConn.

I know the AD needs the revenue and I think the added perks for season tickets are a good idea, however nobody is paying $35, especially considering you know dam well into the season a day before the game UConn will slash prices (or alternatively just going to $5 bucks from a scalper too).

Yup, paying $35 for a ticket is insane. I consider my season tickets as a donation to the school and hope, hope, hope that the games will be exciting once again.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever bought a singe-game ticket from Rentschler box office on game day? Wondering if it's cheaper to buy tickets there than single-game tickets online with all the fees they charge. Also I still have my UConn student ID even though I graduated last year. Can I get away with that?
If you can get a set of student season tickets you'll be fine using your old ID. They won't let you buy them though as the system will realize you aren't a student. Just buy them through someone you know that's still in school or through the UConn Buy/Sell Facebook Group.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Get to the game. I don't care what you pay. I'm content supporting the program buying season tickets at the season ticket price. YMMV.

Reaction Score
I believe the extended tailgating time is before the game and based on what they initially released you MUST purchase a season parking pass in order to take advantage. My thought being that all season ticket lots will open the hour early and anyone with red has to wait until the regular time.

The single game prices are laughable though. Even the scalping scene might be significantly reduced this year because it seems many season ticket holders reduced their orders and therefore there aren't likely to be as many extras as in years past. I can't see it being that profitable of a venture unless they are getting all their ticekts free.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So as season ticketholders, we get premium parking with extended tailgating time. Does this mean that miniplan & singlegamers are relegated to the Aircraft Club,OR do they have to park in RED lot & if they don't leave immediately after the game, their vehicles are either impounded or bulldozed into the ground?
Extended tailgating is pre-game. post game tailgating is still 2 hours or shorter at LAZ and CT State Police discretion (which means about 13 minutes.).

Reaction Score
Can a student get into the student section with regular tickets or do they have to have student tickets?

Reaction Score
Can a student get into the student section with regular tickets or do they have to have student tickets?
Shouldn't be an issue. My brother does it all the time. They normally don't have anyone checking the tickets in the student section.

Reaction Score
Thanks blue. My kid has been with us often (doesn't like cold games) but will be a Husky this year and we still have the same number of tickets so I guess I'm being cheap in not buying the student package.

Reaction Score
oh wow, with a single game ticket i can get in to see the game?

that must be a new perk.

mets1090

Reaction Score
You'll be fine. Until they start winning games and packing the house. When I first got to UConn (2008) they were checking student tickets but not anymore.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
We have been parking at the Aircraft Club for 10 years. Most weeks, they open early and we have stayed up to 2 hrs after some games. If the stadium lot opens at 7am this yr, they will too...so paying extra $$ just to get into the big lot....no thanks.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

that must be a new perk.

Lmao.

The notion that UConn can put that out and realistically expect the casual football fan is going to place an order for say UConn Houston for him and a buddy in the end of November for $70+fees is straight laughable.

Looking at $90 between tickets and parking for two people to see that game.

Oh the kicker? Last year I had multiple games I couldn't even give my extra tickets away in the parking lot!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lmao.

The notion that UConn can put that out and realistically expect the casual football fan is going to place an order for say UConn Houston for him and a buddy in the end of November for $70+fees is straight laughable.

Oh the kicker? Last year I had multiple games I couldn't even give my extra tickets away in the parking lot!

That's not their notion at all. They realistically are looking for the casual fan to see the box office price for a single game and purchase mini plans or season ticket plans. It's a soft cost. I'm fairly sure that the Program is a aware of their lot and that the Stadium will be filled to something less than capacity. So a guarantee of cash in hand for three games, is better than no guarantee for a single game for more money. A bird in the hand so to speak. The Program is selling entertainment, but more importantly, they are selling it at a certain point in time. Once that point in time passes they can never get it back. Oh, and they don't care if you can't re-sell your tickets. They already have their money.

Husky25

Reaction Score

that must be a new perk.
Again that's the point. All you get with a single game ticket is entrance through the gate and a seat for that one game. You get all this other stuff for a lower price to you if you purchase a plan. But in reality, everything else is basically of no or scant marginal cost to the Program. Their margin (price charged minus cost incurred) may be less on a game-by-game and seat-by-seat basis, but it is guaranteed?

It's Marketing 101 stuff.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Lmao.

Posting higher single game ticket prices creates the illusion of better value with a mini plan or season tickets.

A small drink is $1.00 and a large $1.49?? The large is 3 times as big! Who is going to buy a small? The people at McDonald's must have their heads up their asses.

Reaction Score
Posting higher single game ticket prices creates the illusion of better value with a mini plan or season tickets.

A small drink is $1.00 and a large $1.49?? The large is 3 times as big! Who is going to buy a small? The people at McDonald's must have their heads up their asses.
lol well I usually buy a small and then refill it 3-4 times

Husky25

Reaction Score
lol well I usually buy a small and then refill it 3-4 times
I recently found out the hard way that you can't do that with Iced Coffee, as if cold water filtered through dirt is worth so much more than concentrated cola syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom