huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Zebras have made several atrocious calls in OSU's favor

Reaction Score
Think OSU would win 2 out of 3. Michigan too perimeter and 3 reliant

Reaction Score
Think OSU would win 2 out of 3. Michigan too perimeter and 3 reliant

Only problem is - I'm having a hard time telling the two teams apart. They need better uniform contrast.

Reaction Score
Aaron Craft has to be the most overrated player since Wojo, the way the announcers gush over him is ridiculous, Vitale and Tirico were saying Craft should get defensive player of the year over Nerlens Noel....such idiots.

Reaction Score
Aaron Craft has to be the most overrated player since Wojo, the way the announcers gush over him is ridiculous, Vitale and Tirico were saying Craft should get defensive player of the year over Nerlens Noel....such idiots.

I don't know about that. Burke and Michigan have completely dominated most of the teams they played. Burke either gets an easy basket, or more often, he drives and dishes it out to some very talented 3 point shooters. Burke looked almost pedestrian tonight. Craft did a very very good job on him.

Reaction Score
Burke and Michigan have completely dominated most of the teams they played??? They were playing another top 10 team today, not sure anyone was expecting a blowout. Burke finished with 16 and 8, he was 2 off his scoring average and 1 over his assist average. I'm not saying Craft didn't play well it's just that tonight like every other time I've watched him in the last few years I have to hear about how unbelievable he is and that he's one of the best players in the country. He's not one of the best players in the country and never has been. Shabazz is clearly the better player and gets none of the hype.

Reaction Score
Normally like pulling teeth watching B10 hoops but there are some pretty good teams and fun to watch this year.......these 2 last night along with Indiana and Minnesota are all going to make noise in the dance!

Reaction Score
The game ended with Craft clearly getting fouled on the drive and the ref swollowing his whistle. Craft was hit across both arms and with the body. I am sure OS will be sending the tape to the BIG office. Too bad the game ended that way.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Shabazz better than craft and burke? If you go by stats he's better than craft and 3 assists away from burke(but burke does play on a older and complete team position wise). Also oladipo should get defense player of the year as of now

Reaction Score
The game ended with Craft clearly getting fouled on the drive and the ref swollowing his whistle. Craft was hit across both arms and with the body. I am sure OS will be sending the tape to the BIG office. Too bad the game ended that way.

It was a bang bang play at the hoop at the end of the game. Refs let contact go in that situation all the time. What's the league gonna review? It's not like someone got punched and they missed it.

Still can't get over the greatness of Michigan's unis.

Reaction Score
Shabazz better than craft and burke? If you go by stats he's better than craft and 3 assists away from burke(but burke does play on a older and complete team position wise). Also oladipo should get defense player of the year as of now

I think superjohn was just saying better than Craft, which he is. I'd give the nod to Burke over Bazz, he does play on a more talented team but they're not a veteran team, they have freshmen playing key roles all over(GR3, Stauskus, McGary), plus Burke himself is only a soph.

Reaction Score

I don't agree, I've probably watched Craft play at least 15 times in his career at OSU, and IMO, he's every bit as good as advertised defensively. He moves his feet latterally as well as any guard I've seen in college basketball in quite some time, and his timing on his strip steals is impeccable. You know as well as I that judging a players defensive performance based on the offensive output of the guy he's guarding isn't always the best method of evaluation. There were a couple instances where OSU's big men didn't play the pick and roll as well as they should have, a couple isntances where Craft was switched onto someone else, etc. And of course, there were times when Burke just hit great shots - after all, great offense usually beats great defense. And Burke only went for 16 points in 43 minutes, a good deal less efficient than the usual 18 he puts up in 34 minutes.

I'd probably take Shabazz over Craft, but it wouldn't be a no-brainer. Shabazz is far better offensively, but Craft is far better defensively. On a team with 3-4 solid offensive options, I'd probably take Craft. I'd certainly take Shabazz over Craft on this years team, though.

And sure, he's a bit of a media darling, but I would put him in the conversation for DPOY. Maybe third or fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom