Mercury - Sparks | The Boneyard

Mercury - Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Griner & Taurasi resting in Q2 (shirts on, not just a quick breather) and Mercury still kicking butt

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
76-69... Mercury win BG led with 19 & 7

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This game reminded me of the only NBA game I went to, back in the sixties. Last game of the season, Lakers vs. Celtics, Chamberlain vs. Russell. We were looking forward to the matchup. Should have known better, but we were just college kids. Chamberlain and Russell played just the first quarter, and not very hard, at that. Can't blame them, but the fans deserve a refund.

One play still stands out in my mind though. As the ball was going out of bounds, Chamberlain reached out with one hand and grabbed it. Very impressive!

Reaction Score
Ya Parker didn't play at all and Toliver only played 10 minutes. Taurasi & Griner not so much either (~20 min each?), Dupree even less. Sloppy game. The only thing important about this game was the Mercury had to win it in order to be able to set the all time WNBA record for wins in a season if they beat Seattle tonight.

In Michael Jordan's last season with the Bulls I almost StubHubbed tix for $300 each to take my son to NJ to see them play the Nets, but decided against it for the same reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer