men's soccer at Rentschler Field | The Boneyard

men's soccer at Rentschler Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
question: assuming that st john's will play a return game at uconn next season.. if that game were to be played at Rentschler Field (football away at that weekend) saturday night.. promoted heavily.. both teams ranked in the top 15 - could we draw 20,000? :)

Reaction Score
Depends. A lot of the fans are students. If the University provided transportation like they do for basketball and football, maybe. If not, we might get better attendance but it will be completely dead.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
question: assuming that st john's will play a return game at uconn next season.. if that game were to be played at Rentschler Field (football away at that weekend) saturday night.. promoted heavily.. both teams ranked in the top 15 - could we draw 20,000? :)

I think they could. The tailgate, proximity to towns that love soccer, and a winning product would draw huge. I would like to see them try one game - pick a big name like ND or something.

Reaction Score
Back when I was a student ...

Marrone brought a powerful St. Louis program to Storrs and played the game at Memorial Stadium. It was an outstanding game & lots of fun. The Soccer team & the Goal Patrol have spirit. Beyond most any other University.

Reaction Score
Back when I was a student ...

Marrone brought a powerful St. Louis program to Storrs and played the game at Memorial Stadium. It was an outstanding game & lots of fun. The Soccer team & the Goal Patrol have spirit. Beyond most any other University.

Would love to see a UCLA-UConn game at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Great idea. Too bad they didn't thunk to try that this year. The USMNT is playing at the Rent on Oct 10th while the football team isn't there all month. Maybe a game the Friday or Saturday after would have worked. I wish our athletic dept would get more creative.

Reaction Score
I wonder where the USMNT will do their camp before the game. Before the World Cup they had training camp at Stanford and scrimmaged against Stanford's players. It would be cool if they trained at UConn, I heard there is a pretty nice indoor facility there if the weather is foul.

Reaction Score
how's this: if we make it to the final 8 (again) & are the home team.. THAT would be a great game to have at the rent! :) esp. vs UNC or Duke. would so love that! i think we could do a sell-out with this scenario.

Reaction Score
how's this: if we make it to the final 8 (again) & are the home team.. THAT would be a great game to have at the rent! :) esp. vs UNC or Duke. would so love that! i think we could do a sell-out with this scenario.

Maybe if we close off 3/4ths of the Rent and claim 10,000 as our capacity. That's what the Revs do haha.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Maybe if we close off 3/4ths of the Rent and claim 10,000 as our capacity. That's what the Revs do haha.

What a joke franchise they are

Reaction Score
What a joke franchise they are

COACH LEN did last what COACH LEN does best!

Hey at least it's the Coach Len from the 90's instead of recent years when he couldn't even make the NCAA's. At least he choked and got out coached in the 2nd half against a top 5 team like old times sakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom