2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Interesting twist when the adverb "completely" gets added to "false" in a sentence when the subject in that sentence is quite specifically "[t]the last sentence" by way of directly quoting another post.

I happen to agree with your interpretation stated in your first two sentences, and your opinion that it was no "completely false." The "at all" part is superfluous, in my opinion, because it is sufficient rebuttal to claim it's not "completely."
I accept your critique as being possibly completely well taken maybe. Unfortunately ( or not) depending on your opinion, a lot of people here probably completely need a picture drawn to get the point. Or not.

Reaction Score
Sooo you think that Betsy cooled on UConn because he’d rather play on a losing team a good distance from Connecticut where no body is going to ever hear about him again or care about versus playing for the home state school that just won back to back championships and possibly becoming a local hero and doing all of this in front of your family ( like DC). If he’s not that smart then maybe they didn’t want him all that much in the first place. Just saying .
I don’t see the need to bury the kid. I wish him luck, but I am happy with where UConn is right now. Things have never been better.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I accept your critique as being possibly completely well taken maybe. Unfortunately ( or not) depending on your opinion, a lot of people here probably completely need a picture drawn to get the point. Or not.
No, I think they get that we are aging pedants with law degrees, who needed to write accurately and with purpose professionally. We can recognize and draw distinctions between facts, thoughts, opinions, and feelings. We also understand the differences between how we frame our arguments, and whether we employ active & passive verbs. We're also less inclined to expect an elevated value being attached to anti-intellectual posturing, though we may work our rhetoric more pragmatically in real-time verbal encounters.

And in transactional settings, we need precision & clarity to get the job done, and manage foreseeable risks that could occur if we were sloppy or disordered in expression.

And then there's a whole new set of challenges when seeking to work together collaboratively with counterparts who see advantages in not competing in zero-sum activities.

Just because these elements seem picayune & feel tiresome for many sports fan(atic)s doesn't mean they are dumb, wrong, bad, without value, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, I think they get that we are aging pedants with law degrees, who needed to write accurately and with purpose professionally. We can recognize and draw distinctions between facts, thoughts, opinions, and feelings. We also understand the differences between how we frame our arguments, and whether we employ active & passive verbs. We're also less inclined to expect an elevated value being attached to anti-intellectual posturing, though we may work our rhetoric more pragmatically in real-time verbal encounters
I was told that there would be no math.

Reaction Score
Sooo you think that Betsy cooled on UConn because he’d rather play on a losing team a good distance from Connecticut where no body is going to ever hear about him again or care about versus playing for the home state school that just won back to back championships and possibly becoming a local hero and doing all of this in front of your family ( like DC). If he’s not that smart then maybe they didn’t want him all that much in the first place. Just saying .

Betsy never gave any indication at any point in time to anyone that UConn led for his services. Never. The people - like the poster I was responding to who is wrong about literally everything and wanted Newton benched in the Final Four three weeks ago - who just assume every kid who goes elsewhere does so because the coaching staff tells him they don’t want him sound silly. He went to a school where he has a preexisting connection with the coaching staff. A school that was for quite some time rumored to be his leader. It’s not more complicated than that. He didnt go there because he was dreaming of going to UConn but they didn’t want him. This is just something that some fans tell themselves about every kid who goes a different route. Just saying.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was told that there would be no math.
Many who go to law school arrive thinking there will be no math, and find themselves disappointed. My professor who alerted me to this, worked our class through the near-final manuscript of his initial version of Accounting for Attorneys, which is now in its 8th Edition. He saw a need to address the issue head on.

There are also notable numbers of law students who are children of physicians, and wanted to avoid science. That'd be me as well.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No, I think they get that we are aging pedants with law degrees, who needed to write accurately and with purpose professionally. We can recognize and draw distinctions between facts, thoughts, opinions, and feelings. We also understand the differences between how we frame our arguments, and whether we employ active & passive verbs. We're also less inclined to expect an elevated value being attached to anti-intellectual posturing, though we may work our rhetoric more pragmatically in real-time verbal encounters.

And in transactional settings, we need precision & clarity to get the job done, and manage foreseeable risks that could occur if we were sloppy or disordered in expression.

And then there's a whole new set of challenges when seeking to work together collaboratively with counterparts who see advantages in not competing in zero-sum activities.

Just because these elements seem picayune & feel tiresome for many sports fan(atic)s doesn't mean they are dumb, wrong, bad, without value, etc.
We both spend too much time here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
DH will have Antoine Walker here as one of the chaperones for his visit............
I was referring to the photo of Malik Nabers with the bling and grill, not Thomas.

Reaction Score
Hartford Courant got the bright idea to start charging for their message board. That would never do for Husky fans . UCONfan.com was running out of the NY ad agency interactive department until it got too big it needed dedication and attention of Temery, Fishy and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

They omitted the second half of that quote:
“Coach Cal speaks for himself. He has another early exit from the Big Dance and, two weeks later, he’s being pushed out the door by joyous UK fans and administrators anxious to watch him go transform another SEC school into an underperforming NBA feeder team of kids who want to get overpaid for playing glorified pick-up basketball.”

Reaction Score
I read that A.J. Dybantsa is taking an official to UNC. I'd love to get him and Thomas.
Do we have any standing with Dybantsa? I rarely hear UConn being associated with him.

Odd, bc he is a NE kid -- and a NE school is the best school in the country. But I realize we're not a school/style for everyone.

Reaction Score
Do we have any standing with Dybantsa? I rarely hear UConn being associated with him.

Odd, bc he is a NE kid -- and a NE school is the best school in the country. But I realize we're not a school/style for everyone.
I'd heard he was going to visit us, but we aren't listed in the last article I read so who knows. He's the #1 2026 and reclassed to 2025. He's the #1 recruit and we're the #1 team. Perfect fit.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'd heard he was going to visit us, but we aren't listed in the last article I read so who knows. He's the #1 2026 and reclassed to 2025. He's the #1 recruit and we're the #1 team. Perfect fit.

Maybe he doesn't have any interest in chasing a four-peat.

Reaction Score

Maybe not a good fit.

“The things that we talk about on the visit, I think, lead us to the right place with players,” Hurley said. “NIL is not something that we're leading with. It's something that, if it's at the forefront of the people that we're recruiting, and if it's the driver, then that's going to be a problem for us here with what we're trying to do. We're about, do you fit in our culture? What type of competitor are you? Are you about championships? Do you believe that you're going to develop here and become an NBA player? And then we'll get to those types of things. So I think the way that we’re landing our players gives us confidence that we have a chance to keep doing what we're doing.”

Reaction Score
Maybe not a good fit.

“The things that we talk about on the visit, I think, lead us to the right place with players,” Hurley said. “NIL is not something that we're leading with. It's something that, if it's at the forefront of the people that we're recruiting, and if it's the driver, then that's going to be a problem for us here with what we're trying to do. We're about, do you fit in our culture? What type of competitor are you? Are you about championships? Do you believe that you're going to develop here and become an NBA player? And then we'll get to those types of things. So I think the way that we’re landing our players gives us confidence that we have a chance to keep doing what we're doing.”

I don't think we're recruiting him since he went to Prolific and the Oakland Soldiers.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think we're recruiting him since he went to Prolific and the Oakland Soldiers.
I heard UConn was, but the source is not a great one

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I'm here in Georgia watching Meleek Thomas & Preston Fowler play in the EYBL against Nightrydas, who have Caleb Wilson & Cameron Boozer, two of the Top 5 players (according to 247) in the country.
details?

Reaction Score
Maybe not a good fit.

I’ve never understood how/why a 1-and-done would care much about NIL. You’ll get a bag anyway and then you’re off to making millions in the league. Playing the NIL game should be more for the fringe guys who’ll probably end up in Europe or 2-way NBA deals.

Reaction Score
I’ve never understood how/why a 1-and-done would care much about NIL. You’ll get a bag anyway and then you’re off to making millions in the league. Playing the NIL game should be more for the fringe guys who’ll probably end up in Europe or 2-way NBA deals.
If u grew up poor, or even middle class, you’re 18 and u have the chance to get 1 mil plus? I totally get it. when it was under the table 50k was a deciding factor. cant look at this from the perspective of a 50 yr old guy from the burbs making 300k a year

Reaction Score
If u grew up poor, or even middle class, you’re 18 and u have the chance to get 1 mil plus? I totally get it. when it was under the table 50k was a deciding factor. cant look at this from the perspective of a 50 yr old guy from the burbs making 300k a year
I already acknowledged that if you’re a top 5 recruit and projected lottery pick you will be getting great NIL anyway. My point is it shouldn’t be a major factor in a recruitment. Play for Scheyer for 2m or Hurley for 1m for instance?

PS I wish I made 300k a year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom