Megan Walker or Deauzya Richards?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker or Deauzya Richards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I politely beg to differ. I was answering SluConn's quesiton and if you look a few posts back you will see that SluConn was, in fact posting a link where it states she was committed to TExas. :)
I thank you for your politeness. The key here is "SluConn was, in fact posting a link where it states she was committed to TExas." Was, past tense.
Slu knows that she is no longer committed to Texas. A few posts before the one you quote Slu in, Slu says "There haven't been any reports on which schools she's contemplating" in response to the statement " Her final 2 schools after decommitting from Texas is LSU and UConn"

More on Megan Walker. If you haven't already watched it, check out her Sophomore season highlights. Hard to believe she's a soph in this video.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/megan-walker/Q1t8H1OOEeOzMAAmVebBJg/default.htm
Yea, Slu was just posting that to show there was interest in UCONN, not to show she was committed to Texas.

Sometimes (most the time) you need to read through the threads to see who is answering what and to whom. Jumping in the middle sometimes you miss stuff.

Reaction Score
Basically everything I know about UCONN Women's Basketball behind the scene and out of season I get from the Boneyard. I appreciate the effort that is made by so many board members to research and post new and sometimes breaking information about our girls; past, present and future.

Like others I find that Hoopgurlz is useful only when they make an anouncement that a girl has committed or withdrawn her committment. The listing of the schools that these athletes are considering and the analysis of their developement is rarely trustworthy. If I go to Hoopgurlz to look at a player after she has been mentioned here as having an interest in UCONN or being seriously considered by our coaching staff I'll most often find a comment like "no schools considered" or an almost generic list of schools that are contenders for her services.

So I'm never sure until I read it here just where we stand with someone like Megan Walker (who appears to me to be the most important recruit dancing on the horizon), and I hadn't considered that Deauzya Richards had place in our future.

Watching Walker play I don't see how she won't be the most important recruit in the next few years. Cox won't come here and McCoy may or may not be a future star. I think that Collier will prove to be the most important player in the post Jefferson/Stewart/Tuck class, and that the road to continued excellence for the next six years will be a great deal smother if Megan walks in Maya's footsteps.

You need good bigs to be successful but it's athletes like Walker that carry you to Championships. (consider Baylor with Griner vrs UCONN with Maya). In UCONN's ten titles only the '13 team won it all without a legitimate NPOY candidate.

Recruiting Walker should be, and probably is, our number one priority.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Basically everything I know about UCONN Women's Basketball behind the scene and out of season I get from the Boneyard. I appreciate the effort that is made by so many board members to research and post new and sometimes breaking information about our girls; past, present and future.

Like others I find that Hoopgurlz is useful only when they make an anouncement that a girl has committed or withdrawn her committment. The listing of the schools that these athletes are considering and the analysis of their developement is rarely trustworthy. If I go to Hoopgurlz to look at a player after she has been mentioned here as having an interest in UCONN or being seriously considered by our coaching staff I'll most often find a comment like "no schools considered" or an almost generic list of schools that are contenders for her services.

So I'm never sure until I read it here just where we stand with someone like Megan Walker (who appears to me to be the most important recruit dancing on the horizon), and I hadn't considered that Deauzya Richards had place in our future.

Watching Walker play I don't see how she won't be the most important recruit in the next few years. Cox won't come here and McCoy may or may not be a future star. I think that Collier will prove to be the most important player in the post Jefferson/Stewart/Tuck class, and that the road to continued excellence for the next six years will be a great deal smother if Megan walks in Maya's footsteps.

You need good bigs to be successful but it's athletes like Walker that carry you to Championships. (consider Baylor with Griner vrs UCONN with Maya). In UCONN's ten titles only the '13 team won it all without a legitimate NPOY candidate.

Hoopgurlz has always had a significant lag in updating beyond the actual commitment moments and their notes are just comments made by one or more of their 'stringers' at major events where they are looking at hundreds of kids and writing quick impressions. The further down the ranking you go, the less information and usually the slower the response time on updates - the top two or three players in the country get more eyes on them and more in-depth analysis of their games.

Reaction Score
I thank you for your politeness. The key here is "SluConn was, in fact posting a link where it states she was committed to TExas." Was, past tense.
Slu knows that she is no longer committed to Texas. A few posts before the one you quote Slu in, Slu says "There haven't been any reports on which schools she's contemplating" in response to the statement " Her final 2 schools after decommitting from Texas is LSU and UConn"

More on Megan Walker. If you haven't already watched it, check out her Sophomore season highlights. Hard to believe she's a soph in this video.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/megan-walker/Q1t8H1OOEeOzMAAmVebBJg/default.htm
Don't remember having seen this video before but this girl is "sick" meaning fantastic. As you mentioned, it's hard to attribute what she does on the court coming from a sophomore in high school because she is so polished. Amazing kid and I hope we get a chance to see her play for Geno!

Reaction Score

In regard to Cox? She won't come here?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I would love to have Walker become a Husky but I disagree with many of the points you make specifically the three bolded points. 1) Stewie walked in Maya's footsteps pretty well and managed to create giant footsteps of her own. 2) Last 3 UCONN NCs were largely on the back of "bigs" Dolson, Tuck and Stewie. 3) If Walker choose UCONN she will arrive on Campus 2 seasons after Stewie and MoJeff depart and a season after Tuck leaves. With the acqusition of Dangerfield you have a potential replacement for MoJeff. UCONN recruiting priority IMO should be finding "bigs" that are capable of replacing Stewie and Tuck.
How can you be so definitive that "Cox won't come here"?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yea, Slu was just posting that to show there was interest in UCONN, not to show she was committed to Texas.

Sometimes (most the time) you need to read through the threads to see who is answering what and to whom. Jumping in the middle sometimes you miss stuff.
Very true. The roles of Napoleon and MaryAnn elude me.

Reaction Score
In answer to the more astute posters, hoophuskie and cocohuskie, I can't be sure that Cox won't someday be a husky. My comment was based on following the posts and comments that have evolved here on the board. She's a Texas girl (and we've only ever gotten one, a great one, before), she indicated early on that she was interested in staying near home, and Geno seems to be concentrating on McCoy rather than lose out on both of them.

Coco is certainly right about the bigs (although I would not group Cox with Stewie. It may be a while before we see another six-four player run the floor with her ball skills). On other posts, and everywhere I can say it, I've been promoting Butler as both a starter and a future star. I believe that with the talent that she will have running the floor around her she will remind us all of Steff.

You're both right that without bigs we won't jog to championships, but I still feel that Walker-like athleticism will prove to be more important than the play of the next set of bigs.

But what do I know? I told my wife that there was "no way" KLS comes here. "Too much Califorinia in her." I said. I'll be cheering loudly enough for her now that if you listen closely you'll be able to hear me from across the water.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My comment was based on following the posts and comments that have evolved here on the board. She's a Texas girl (and we've only ever gotten one, a great one, before), she indicated early on that she was interested in staying near home, and Geno seems to be concentrating on McCoy rather than lose out on both of them.

Pure urban legend on both counts!
"We’ve visited some schools that we can drive to. Don’t read anything to it. I don’t think (distance) is a priority for her. Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.” - Dennis Cox (Lauren's father)
-Originally posted on boneyard by Orangutan on 19 December prior to Lauren's down selects of schools-UCONN made the down select.

Geno had in home visits first with Cox and then McCoy on consecutive days. No indication Geno is "concentrating" on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom