Meet coach Diaco event at Rentschler field | The Boneyard

Meet coach Diaco event at Rentschler field

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As usual the UCONN Hartford alumni did a great job with our own Hardcore Henry.

First the field looks good and will be in great condition for the BYU game in a month. Everyone got a chance to go on the field and throw the ball though the Husky mouth plus meet Jonathan XIII.

The place was packed with 259 people out to meet coach Diaco "last year had 176". Nice question and answer with HCBD who talked about the defense running the 50 defense along with the 4/3 defense. He said they will split time between the two.
Talked about how the players are in better shape and how Casey lost 26 pounds and dropped 14% body fat along with a number of other players who last weight or gained weight but all lost body fat.
The attitude is better on the team. They are positive thinking all the time.
He also mentioned about the offense being able to not only run the ball but also throw the ball down the field. Something I wasn't expecting.
The players he recruits have to fit what HCBD wants and expects out of players. He turned down a player because football wasn't important to him and he could tell.

10561799_10203462324492490_9204426041699574540_n.jpg

There is more but I hope others will chime in.

One of Jonathan XIII
10590666_10203462316812298_5155665314417181378_n.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Great post uconnbill, but that's Jonathan xiv, not xiii. :)

Reaction Score
Good to meet uconnbill and Nostical at table 30. Great time. Coach Diaco will prove to be a game changer for UConn football. And Mike, congrats on your move to Kensington (Berlin). See you around town.

Reaction Score
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

Norman Vincent Peale

Expect great things for UCONN football under Bob Diaco's leadership!

Reaction Score
I was also at table 18 - it was nice to meet you guys and talk football!

Diaco definitely has me pumped up for the season - I liked the part of the Q&A session where Diaco picked someone in the audience and demonstrated the difference between blocking in the 4-3 and 3-4.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I would have been thwre except my gall bladder decided it wanted to come out.

Still at UConn Med Center. Sucks to be me, except the pain meds are awesome.
Beating the ever living sh!!t out of BYU I heard is also a great pain killer,get well!

Reaction Score
Hope you are well. i appreciate all your posts.
You don't need a gall bladder to be a Husky fan!

Reaction Score
Huskymedic's post is a new drill the Huskies are doing for BYU prep!

Reaction Score
Too funny. Tbey almost did the long cut but settled for two holes and tbe tip of my penis.

Reaction Score

It takes a lot of gall to bitch about your bladder on a BD based post. Suck it up!
Your avi says it all, no energy suckers. It is easy to regress in hard times but this is what Bob is teaching.
Your fortune is better than you think. You are first off at a UCONN facility, second on fun time meds. Third you will make the opening game the most important for us in a few years. Last and most important thing of all is you got rid of something that did not want to be with you and was rewarded with meds. Most often when this happens the reward is alimony!
Get well soon!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In addition to sending good vibes sportsarts way, it was good meeting up with hardcorehusky, uconnbill, uconnric, jimdish, wildgopher, Lisa Lowry... And the stories from nostical were great. Diaco, like Ollie- you can't help but just be enthused in his presence. Warde had terrific remarks. I definitely feel like UConn - top to bottom- is on the right track.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good to meet uconnbill and Nostical at table 30. Great time. Coach Diaco will prove to be a game changer for UConn football. And Mike, congrats on your move to Kensington (Berlin). See you around town.

It was good to meet you as well uconnric

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was also at table 18 - it was nice to meet you guys and talk football!

Diaco definitely has me pumped up for the season - I liked the part of the Q&A session where Diaco picked someone in the audience and demonstrated the difference between blocking in the 4-3 and 3-4.

That was my question about which defense he would run and he stated both but the 3/4 would be the 50 defense. I laughed when he said Warde was to big for him to show the technique

Get better soon Jim

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Best wishes for a rapid recovery. Are they gonna let you take take the gall bladder home? I got tokeepmy kidney stones after I had them removed. it was awesome.

Reaction Score
Best wishes for a rapid recovery. Are they gonna let you take take the gall bladder home? I got tokeepmy kidney stones after I had them removed. it was awesome.

I asked, tbey said nope.

Reaction Score
Been dealing with some family stuff the last couple weeks and was unable to make it this year. Glad all had fun. This is a great event. If you've never done it, do it next year.

The message is clear. Get people to games. I have 5 coming to their first UConn game against BYU. Get people in the stadium.

Reaction Score

Hey uconnric, I think I sat next to you. 29 days, 7 hours and 6 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom