MD epic choke? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MD epic choke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gump won't be fired, but some of his Asst. Coaches should be nervous, especially on defense.

Reaction Score
As much as I love seeing RE fail, I still think this season would have been better with him that this crazy PP style.
It is possible this season would have been better, but only because the team would not have had to deal with new coaches and new systems. I have little doubt that future seasons will be better under Coach P than they would have been under Edsall.

Reaction Score
Randy just assured himself the hot seat for next season with that performance. That is epic and it screams of a team that does not give a .

Randy did a hell of a job here, but he was so to get out of here and then the way he left - I just don't feel bad for him.

Reaction Score
Randy just assured himself the hot seat for next season with that performance. That is epic and it screams of a team that does not give a .

Randy did a hell of a job here, but he was so to get out of here and then the way he left - I just don't feel bad for him.

These sites have the success/accuracy ratings of CL&P Power RestorationProjections but:

Football Rumor Mill 9:22 pm on November 26, 2011

Lots of rumors surrounding Maryland’s RandyEdsall

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Feinstein absolutely skewered Edsall today in the Post. Says they have to fire him to save the athletic department.

Reaction Score
To be clear, he will certainly be back next season. Another 2-3 win season and he could be out imho.

Reaction Score
2-10 - one win was against Miami the week after the Nevin Shapiro bomb detonated, and the other against Towson.

Reaction Score
To be clear, he will certainly be back next season. Another 2-3 win season and he could be out imho.

not certain, for sure. But wahat is the difference between $10mm buyout today and $8mm buyout in a year, if you consider the lost revenue between now and then that a Mike Leach could generate?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Apparently the UMd folks hacked FUCRE's Wikipedia page, but the site has since erased it.

Fortunately I got a quick screenshot:

Maryland

Edsall was hired after the 2010 firing of Maryland alumnus Ralph Friedgen. Former Texas Tech Head Coach Mike Leach had also been linked to the Terps opening, however Edsall was hired for his success (?) at UConn. In Edsall's inaugural season, the Terps finished a disappointing 2-10, following an eight game losing streak. His contract guarantees him $10 million through the 2015 season. At Maryland, in addition to his coaching responsibilities, he moonlights as the warden of the Gossett State Penitentiary ("GSP"). The day after his team's final loss of the season, in which Maryland surrendered 42 unanswered points to lose the game after being in the lead 41-14 in the third quarter, respected sports columnist John Feinstein wrote a blistering takedown urging the University of Maryland to fire Edsall immediately, citing Edsall's numerous personality defects as the reasons for his coaching failure.[5]

They now refer to him as 'Rangoon'? Wow, charming...

Reaction Score
Randy obviously went into one of those northeast conservative, right out of the fifties, bend, bend, bend and finally break defenses. Guessing too he went all conservative on offense. Needed to keep attacking. Best defense is keep on scoring. Seventy points would have secure the win just as certainly as Randy's "Four Corner Offense".

Reaction Score
Apparently the UMd folks hacked FUCRE's Wikipedia page, but the site has since erased it.

Fortunately I got a quick screenshot:

Maryland

Edsall was hired after the 2010 firing of Maryland alumnus Ralph Friedgen. Former Texas Tech Head Coach Mike Leach had also been linked to the Terps opening, however Edsall was hired for his success (?) at UConn. In Edsall's inaugural season, the Terps finished a disappointing 2-10, following an eight game losing streak. His contract guarantees him $10 million through the 2015 season. At Maryland, in addition to his coaching responsibilities, he moonlights as the warden of the Gossett State Penitentiary ("GSP"). The day after his team's final loss of the season, in which Maryland surrendered 42 unanswered points to lose the game after being in the lead 41-14 in the third quarter, respected sports columnist John Feinstein wrote a blistering takedown urging the University of Maryland to fire Edsall immediately, citing Edsall's numerous personality defects as the reasons for his coaching failure.[5]

They now refer to him as 'Rangoon'? Wow, charming...

No hacking required. Just go to the wikipedia page, click on the edit button and type away.

Reaction Score
A reminder we visit College Park, Md. next Sept. 15. Not automatically putting that one in the W column.

Reaction Score
@RandyEdsall Randy Edsall

Up in Ohio today recruiting.

?Code for I'm going to Ohio State and asking Urban for a chance @ my dream assistant coaching job???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom