McQuillan charged with 2nd degree assault | The Boneyard

McQuillan charged with 2nd degree assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
in carriage this past weekend. Remember Bobby D had said something about him wanting to take on a leadership role, wondering what the punishment for this will be?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Twitter told me 4 people I follow retweeted something at the same time from Tim. Couldn't be a Big Ten invite could it... no of course not.

Reaction Score
in carriage this past weekend. Remember Bobby D had said something about him wanting to take on a leadership role, wondering what the punishment for this will be?

Must get getting ready to transfer to the SEC. 2nd degree assault would not even register in Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Gainsville, etc.

Reaction Score
http://dailycampus.com/mcquillan-arrested-after-weekend-altercation/

>>According to a source, it was McQuillan’s roommate whom he assaulted. McQuillan was released on a $500 non-surety bond and his court date was April 20.

“The athletic department is aware of the situation and we will wait for the judicial process to take its full course. In the meantime, Sean has a responsibility to finish out the semester academically,” Mike Enright, Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Communications, said.<<

Reaction Score
http://dailycampus.com/mcquillan-arrested-after-weekend-altercation/

>>According to a source, it was McQuillan’s roommate whom he assaulted. McQuillan was released on a $500 non-surety bond and his court date was April 20.

“The athletic department is aware of the situation and we will wait for the judicial process to take its full course. In the meantime, Sean has a responsibility to finish out the semester academically,” Mike Enright, Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Communications, said.<<

JohnFSilver 10:22pm via Twitter Web Client
A little more serious on the McQuillan fight arrest. Charged with Assault 2, a felony, and was released on $5,000 surety bond per police.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad story, I knew him when he was younger in middle and early high school, always was a good kid from a nice family. If the felony charge holds and is proven to be true, I can't see how he stays on the team.

Reaction Score
Worse even if he is dismissed from team and or leaves school, how does he respond to a question on an employment application "have you ever been arrested?"

I wouldn't want to be caught in a lie.

When are these kids going to learn there are consequences to stupidity and irresponsible behavior?

Reaction Score
I think this past weekend was whatever is left of Spring Weekend. The thing with the victim being a roommate is they usually room with teammates so it'll be interesting to find out if that is the case here.

Reaction Score
I think this past weekend was whatever is left of Spring Weekend. The thing with the victim being a roommate is they usually room with teammates so it'll be interesting to find out if that is the case here.

Already been reported that the roommate is NOT a member of the football team.

Reaction Score
IIRC a felony 2 is hitting someone with anything other than a fist. (kick, knee, elbow, object?). Fights happen, fights between teammates or friends happen. Hopefully this was a minor incident and he can continue on at UConn.

Reaction Score
Eh, roommate? Probably get subbed down to assault 3 and treated like a domestic, which is a misdemeanor, as long as he didn't seriously hurt the other person.

Still stupid on his part.

Reaction Score
IIRC a felony 2 is hitting someone with anything other than a fist. (kick, knee, elbow, object?). Fights happen, fights between teammates or friends happen. Hopefully this was a minor incident and he can continue on at UConn.
I think it has more to do with injuries no?

Reaction Score
I'd imagine he either beat the kid up worse than a normal roommate scuffle would result in or he hit him with something. I believe Felony 2 truly endangers someone by injury or risk of injury with hands or weapons. A typical college fight that breaks up with little damage is generally a misdemeanor if charged.

Hopefully, this is another police overreaction and the felony tag becomes a misdemeanor in court. Unless of course, he deserves it.

Lawyers, feel free to correct, this is just my understanding of how it works in CT.

Reaction Score
My guess he will be gone. This was included in an article from the Courant.

McQuillan also has a motor vehicle case at the courthouse, according to judicial records. That case is scheduled to be resolved on July 21.

Reaction Score
Diaco earns his stripes on this one. If this is correct I say give him a ticket on the next bus to Glastonbury. One way. Send a message loud and clear that this crap will not be tolerated. I mean this from a football team perspective. And I mean it if this gets pled down to one of those community service deals too. Only way he puts on a UConn uniform again is if all charges are dropped. In fact that ought to be the deal for all teams for a while. You get arrested, you hit the road.

Reaction Score
If he's dismissed I won't be happy. Like someone already said this wouldn't even register as newsworthy at big boy programs. We've had people getting into fights in the past and remaining on the team. We cannot chase the P5 invite while tying one hand behind our back.

I'm not advocating we go full Louisville, but there has to be some middle ground here.

Reaction Score
Diaco earns his stripes on this one. If this is correct I say give him a ticket on the next bus to Glastonbury. One way. Send a message loud and clear that this crap will not be tolerated. I mean this from a football team perspective. And I mean it if this gets pled down to one of those community service deals too. Only way he puts on a UConn uniform again is if all charges are dropped. In fact that ought to be the deal for all teams for a while. You get arrested, you hit the road.
Too simplistic. What if the other kid punched him in the mouth first and then Mcquillin went HAM and beat the out the kid?

My point, there is simply not enough known about the situation to come to your verdict. People don't generally get into fisticuffs for no reason at all.

Reaction Score
freescooter said:

I agree if he straight up got overly aggressive on someone and did serious damage, however I'd like to hear the story before judging too much. I'm sure a UCONN student will find out what happened and we'll get the story here before too long.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If he's dismissed I won't be happy. Like someone already said this wouldn't even register as newsworthy at big boy programs. We've had people getting into fights in the past and remaining on the team. We cannot chase the P5 invite while tying one hand behind our back.

I'm not advocating we go full Louisville, but there has to be some middle ground here.

It's impossible to have an opinion without knowing what happened.

Diaco is in a tough spot if it was bad. Can't sell the RKG stuff and not hold a tight line.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Too simplistic. What if the other kid punched him in the mouth first and then Mcquillin went HAM and beat the out the kid?

My point, there is simply not enough known about the situation to come to your verdict. People don't generally get into fisticuffs for no reason at all.
No no this is the Boneyard, we convict first then review evidence at a later date. See Tyler Olander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom