Maya | The Boneyard

Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
named WNBA Western Conference Player of the Month for August. She had a terrific month and will be looking to continue her great play against the Sparks tonight in a big match-up of the top 2 teams in the western conference. Big Syl won the Eastern Conference award.

http://www.wnba.com/fowles_moore_potm_0904.html

Reaction Score
She's had an outstanding year. As has Fowles. It's going to be a very close race for MVP. Fowles, Parker, Maya and EDD all make a great case. These last few games of the season are likely to decide the winner. It's that tight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She's had an outstanding year. As has Fowles. It's going to be a very close race for MVP. Fowles, Parker, Maya and EDD all make a great case. These last few games of the season are likely to decide the winner. It's that tight.

I agree. The Sky have clinched 1st in the Eastern Conference and the Lynx and Sparks are in a tight battle for 1st in the Western Conference. If the Lynx win the West, do you think the MVP will come from either the Sky (Syl of EDD) or the Lynx (Maya)? Whalen's play dropped off during August so I think she's out of the running.

U

UCONNfan1

I have to imagine Elena has the edge. Her addition has basically helped Chicago go from missing the playoffs to the leading contender to win it all. If that's not MVP, I don't know what is. Not sure why Diana's not in the discussion. Or someone from Seattle as there's no way they should be in the 4th spot in their division. Maybe Thompson? MVP's not necessarily the best player in the league - it's the most valuable, and to me Elena fits that bill the best.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lynx win 83-74. Quiet 20 pts for Maya, August led Lynx with 23 and Whalen dished out 14 assists. Parker led the Sparks with 25.

Reaction Score
EDD also plays with another legitimate MVP candidate, something that none of Maya, Parker or Angel can claim. Plus, she isn't nearly the defensive player that Maya or Angel are, and she trails Parker on that end as well.

I see multiple MVP awards in EDD's future, but she wasn't the best or the most valuable player in the league this season.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Lynx win 83-74. Quiet 20 pts for Maya, August led Lynx with 23 and Whalen dished out 14 assists. Parker led the Sparks with 25.

Big win for Minny as they seek to close out the season on top of the West for home court. Overall home court for the league is still also in play.

The final game, Sky at Minny on the 14th, could be decisive since Minny has a tough road trip coming up. Two games against the Storm in Seattle, back to back no less, then another tough road game out in L.A. before returning home for the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom