Maya is on Fiyah | The Boneyard

Maya is on Fiyah

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Siemone is out a few weeks after knee surgery so Maya has to pick up the scoring slack. She did so again today with 32 pts, 10 rebs and 5 assists in a win over the Shock. After a slow start to the season, she's not ready to cede that MVP trophy to Delle Donne. At least 20 pts in 7 straight games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. This reminds me of the WCBB season, in which Jewell Loyd started strong and Stewie started slowly. Many folks were giving Jewell the NPOY award by New Years. At that point, it may have been justified. But looking over the whole season, when Stewie came on strong and Jewell had some lackluster games late, it seemed that Stewie had the clear edge. Elena was the MVP over the first 8-10 games of the WNBA season, but Maya is catching up in terms of scoring and MVP consideration. Anna Cruz will soften the loss of Seimone and Monica Wright, but she is not the scorer that Seimone is. Look for Maya to put the team on her back. The Lynx are 12-3, which is 2 games better than the next best record (New York).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
All very nice, but let's give some credit to ol' lady Asjha, iron woman as she is who gave the team 16 points.
She too will help make up for Seimone.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Elena was the MVP over the first 8-10 games of the WNBA season, but Maya is catching up in terms of scoring and MVP consideration.

On the other hand, Elena put up 29 pts, 13 rebs, 3 ast, and 3 blocks yesterday and remains 1st in points, 2nd in rebounding, and 3rd in blocks, so Maya still has plenty of catching up to do.

Should be a great race all season long!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
On the other hand, Elena put up 29 pts, 13 rebs, 3 ast, and 3 blocks yesterday and remains 1st in points, 2nd in rebounding, and 3rd in blocks, so Maya still has plenty of catching up to do.

Should be a great race all season long!
Not sure I agree with this concept of Maya having "plenty" of catching up to do, Maya is the reining WNBA MVP.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with this concept of Maya having "plenty" of catching up to do, Maya is the reining WNBA MVP.

In terms of the MVP race, that might hurt her rather than help her. People have a tendency to want to reward new stars.

Statistically, EDD is still having clearly a more impressive season but there's plenty of time for Maya to overtake her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
When you see Maya Moore's statline...

LINK

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Maya's team finishes with the best record, despite missing Seimone, Janelle, and Monica, that says a lot. Chicago is missing Big Syl, so kudos to Elena for helping to overcome that.

The season is not quite half over, but the MVP award looks like a 2-horse race at the moment. If Candace comes back and L.A. practically runs the table, she might get consideration despite missing half a season. Angel's efficiency is too low and her team has a losing record. I don't see her as the MVP. Tina will get some consideration if N.Y. finishes strong, but I see her about #3-5 in the voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom